Campfire Ranger
W
Scary!!

Molon Labe

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gotta apologise for my last post. It makes no sence and no matter how many times I tried I couldn't make it make any damned sense. WTF This damned computer will no longer spell check cut, paste or quote. It even posted itself without my input. Mea culpa

edit: that blond, umm, dang, thank you

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by Barkoff
What the hell is a "bowel habit"?

Quite simply, how often and how well folks poop. A healthy bowel habit is considered to be one soft, well-formed stool at least once every 2-3 days, and preferably daily or twice daily. Folks who poop thusly have MUCH lower incidence of bowel problems including diverticular disease, immune-mediated bowel disease, and colorectal CA.

Not to mention a sunnier outlook on life.

I think there are constipated posters here. wink

There are quite a few here that have diarrhea of the mouth and real constipation problems with thoughts.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wyogal

Well, since it is accurate these days to say that people with the lowest education tend to have the poorest health outcome,
welcome to the reality of having to treat them or even deal with them. They all think they are smart and special.

I disagree with your analogy at least 100% as I am probably the least school educated person here but just might be right at the top of the class where being healthy enters in. Especially for others of my age.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Hastings
Reminds me of the time I was dispatched on a rescue call that sounded as if a young kid was drowning and trapped in the rocks at a popular deep in the woods swimming hole. Upon arrival we found a teen-age female (who would have field dressed over 250) who after skinning up her ankle then sat down wailing that she couldn't get out of the water. Volunteer firemen had called for an ambulance. I asked her equally stupid mother if she could afford $1500 for an ambulance ride for someone hardly injured. She informed that they didn't pay. They had a card. I cancelled the ambulance, and summoned enough help to drag the blimp to mom's car, and told mom to get her out of there. That was the last I heard of it.Pissed me off that somebody would be so unmindful of spending state money. We saved the ambulance call but still 4 firemen, 2 deputies, and 2 state game wardens responded to what sounded like a true emergency. No wonder so much bad stuff happens when you tie up doctors, deputies, firemen, etc. etc. on such crap as this.

I don't know the criteria for charging someone criminally for a false emergency services call but this sounds like it ought to qualify. Hope no real emergencies went unattended during this response.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
Gotta apologise for my last post. It makes no sence and no matter how many times I tried I couldn't make it make any damned sense. WTF This damned computer will no longer spell check cut, paste or quote. It even posted itself without my input. Mea culpa

edit: that blond, umm, dang, thank you

Pneumoceph. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
C[quote=DocRocket]Well, yesterday I had a surfeit of empty-headed young females seeking medical attention, and at the end of the day I was literally questioning how our species can be expected to survive.

First idiot was a 22-year-old gal with a blister on her hand from being "forced" to mop the floor at work. Wanted to make a Workers Compensation claim, the whole nine yards. Now, we're not talking about much of a blister at all... less than 2cm across, not infected, but it hurt so bad she couldn't use her hand for Anything. I observed that she had clearly spent a lot of time and effort on her makeup that morning, and asked if she had done it all with her left hand? At which she goggled at me, offended as if I'd told her she was stupid. Which I guess I had done, when I think about it...

Second idiot was a 21-year-old gal who got stung by a scorpion on her foot. She was wailing and crying and carrying on, afraid she was going to die. I couldn't even see a sting site on her foot... just a little redness. I told her she would live, against terrible odds, and thanked her for causing a $400 ER charge against the Texas Medicaid account.

Third idiot was a 23-year-old mother of an infant child who was "sick". Mother was almost panicked by this. Child had coughed several hours earlier, but had been fine since. That was it. That was why she was in the ER. One cough from an 18-month-old child.

I have long held the opinion that if idiot young females were removed from the population, America would be a much healthier place, and our medical care system would be in a damned sight better financial position. I wish the above 3 cases were exceptional, but they aren't. These idiot young females flood our ER's and clinics with their hair and makeup flawlessly in place, their outfits perfectly matching, and their presenting complaints so trivial as to be ridiculous. "I just want to get it checked out," they explain, betraying the fact that they KNOW their complaint is ridiculous and the cost they are incurring to the system is unjustifiable.

Consider this: the number one ER complaint in America is abdominal pain. Guess which sex accounts for better than 75% of ER visits for abdominal pain? Yep, females, most under 35. Guess what the most common cause of abdominal pain in ER's is? Constipation. Our health care system is spending billions of dollars annually to address the fact that most women have lousy dietary and bowel habits, and don't have a clue about how to deal with their own schitt.

I could go on. But we have an erroneous assumption in health care in America that the customer is always right. And the customer rarely IS right, when it comes to emergency care. And it's bankrupting our health care system.

God only knows what will happen to these idiot young females when the free medical care gravy train grinds to a halt. I expect most of them will die of infected broken fingernails, curling iron burns, and the like.

And all I can think at the end of the day is, "Thank God I'm not young enough to consider these pneumoceph's attractive, let alone to be married to one." Seriously.

A person I know very well, a neurosurgeon radiologist, told me the other day that he and another had concluded, "most people are just not very good at their jobs." One could add to that, "most are not too good at life either."

I responded, "it makes sense; we learned a long time ago that most people are average And Below.." Pneumocephs are quite common as it turns out. [/

Edit: neuro radiologist, not "neurosurgeon radiologist."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well, yesterday I had a surfeit of empty-headed young females seeking medical attention, and at the end of the day I was literally questioning how our species can be expected to survive.

First idiot was a 22-year-old gal with a blister on her hand from being "forced" to mop the floor at work. Wanted to make a Workers Compensation claim, the whole nine yards. Now, we're not talking about much of a blister at all... less than 2cm across, not infected, but it hurt so bad she couldn't use her hand for Anything. I observed that she had clearly spent a lot of time and effort on her makeup that morning, and asked if she had done it all with her left hand? At which she goggled at me, offended as if I'd told her she was stupid. Which I guess I had done, when I think about it...

Second idiot was a 21-year-old gal who got stung by a scorpion on her foot. She was wailing and crying and carrying on, afraid she was going to die. I couldn't even see a sting site on her foot... just a little redness. I told her she would live, against terrible odds, and thanked her for causing a $400 ER charge against the Texas Medicaid account.

Third idiot was a 23-year-old mother of an infant child who was "sick". Mother was almost panicked by this. Child had coughed several hours earlier, but had been fine since. That was it. That was why she was in the ER. One cough from an 18-month-old child.

I have long held the opinion that if idiot young females were removed from the population, America would be a much healthier place, and our medical care system would be in a damned sight better financial position. I wish the above 3 cases were exceptional, but they aren't. These idiot young females flood our ER's and clinics with their hair and makeup flawlessly in place, their outfits perfectly matching, and their presenting complaints so trivial as to be ridiculous. "I just want to get it checked out," they explain, betraying the fact that they KNOW their complaint is ridiculous and the cost they are incurring to the system is unjustifiable.

Consider this: the number one ER complaint in America is abdominal pain. Guess which sex accounts for better than 75% of ER visits for abdominal pain? Yep, females, most under 35. Guess what the most common cause of abdominal pain in ER's is? Constipation. Our health care system is spending billions of dollars annually to address the fact that most women have lousy dietary and bowel habits, and don't have a clue about how to deal with their own schitt.

I could go on. But we have an erroneous assumption in health care in America that the customer is always right. And the customer rarely IS right, when it comes to emergency care. And it's bankrupting our health care system.

God only knows what will happen to these idiot young females when the free medical care gravy train grinds to a halt. I expect most of them will die of infected broken fingernails, curling iron burns, and the like.

And all I can think at the end of the day is, "Thank God I'm not young enough to consider these pneumoceph's attractive, let alone to be married to one." Seriously.
Keep in mind these idiots are proud products of our wondrous 'public education system'...

The money-sucking bastids..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
As to the OP, I hear ya, doc.

But that doesn't mean I'm glad to be an old fart!! And I'm not even that old.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ER's are awesome!

My favorite ER story involves a switch blade, hallucinogenics, stab wounds, two guys in fish net tank tops, a guy with a thrown out back, and a pregnant bitch in a wheel chair, and of course the police.

It was uber!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Doc

Me thinks I'd enjoy having a shot of scotch with you!!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 07/22/15.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jorgeI
And they vote...

And breed and reproduce, nothing breeds stupid but more stupid, it gets worse every passing generation.

Can you imagine a really stupid Grandad looking over generations of his family and saying to himself, "Boy, these are about a bunch of stupid sombithes here"

Sorry about the 'brain-busters' at work Doc.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Doc

Me thinks I'd enjoy having a shot of scotch with you!!

Glenmorangie 12 year old is the nectar of the Gods. wink

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I have long held the opinion that if idiot young females were removed from the population, America would be a much healthier place...

Even Ann Coulter maintains that America should have NEVER allowed women to vote.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by jorgeI
How marbled?

[Linked Image]

She's not marbled, she's bouldered.

Where do I send the bill for a new keyboard! smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Many years ago, I was involved in healthcare management. Both of the major medical centers that I worked for had more than their share of medicaid patients. Since the care was "free", it held no value for many of these people and they missed appointments nearly 40% of the time at our urban clinics. As such, we typically over-booked the primary care clinics by 15%, so that a physician was scheduled to see 29 patients during a seven hour clinic, assuming that he would actually see 25.

Interestingly, rural medicaid patients were much more likely to make their appointments or, if they couldn't, they would usually call, apologize for disrupting our schedule, and reschedule.

Entitlement is a dangerous slippery slope. While a little is good, the line between a little and too much isn't well defined and entitlement is highly addictive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Tomorrow, if God grants me breath, I'll hit sixty-six. I wouldn't go back on a bet.

But I do have to toughen up for what's ahead.

Cowboy up, George, it aint for sissies.

Beats the alternative, I suppose. grin

You and RickyD--thanks gentlemen! Yea, you gotta be tough (minded) to get old.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Doc, you should buy lotto tickets when you get three pneumocephs in a row without so much as one fecalcephalic, craniorectal inversion or a full blown assfacius.

American healthcare is screwed. Sad and sorry.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by MadMooner
ER's are awesome!

My favorite ER story involves a switch blade, hallucinogenics, stab wounds, two guys in fish net tank tops, a guy with a thrown out back, and a pregnant bitch in a wheel chair, and of course the police.

It was uber!

That DOES sound uber!

I got a lotta ER stories. Excluding the ones with foreign bodies involved, I'd have to say my favorite involves a naked gal (well-marbled), two cops, four firemen, and a police dog. Either that or the one with that hot redhead nurse that used to work with me, two horny 16-year-olds, dental braces, a zipper fly, and a pair of pliers from my pickup truck tool box. Or maybe the one...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by add
Aways improve my vocab in a DocRoc thread.

Surfeit - an excessive amount

Pneumoceph - slang for airhead

Thanks!

Ain't it grand to have educated friends in low places grin

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.