Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Slavek
Without very high gas prices and food prices I just don't see it.

Bingo. Hyperinflation is what will light the fuse. When and if food becomes in short supply, it will no longer be shipped to inner cities. They will become death traps.

That or an EMP event, man-made or natural.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
Originally Posted by Slavek
Without very high gas prices and food prices I just don't see it.

Bingo. Hyperinflation is what will light the fuse. When and if food becomes in short supply, it will no longer be shipped to inner cities. They will become death traps.

That or an EMP event, man-made or natural.

Dunno... that phrase "Australian style gun laws" comes out quite a bit from Hillary's mouth.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Everytime I start to think we're close to civil war, I look around and see a bunch of fat, dumb and happy people. So long as the majority of Americans are just mildly annoyed with politicians and the food and booze is still flowing, no revolution is forthcoming.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Calhoun,
At best you'd get civil disobedience. Most will simply fail to surrender their guns. It will be the extremely rare case where anyone actually fights the system. It's sad, but there it is.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Everytime I start to think we're close to civil war, I look around and see a bunch of fat, dumb and happy people. So long as the majority of Americans are just mildly annoyed with politicians and the food and booze is still flowing, no revolution is forthcoming.

I believe you to be right.

The percentage of "fighters" in the population has dwindled so badly as to be a non-factor.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
wow gonehuntin you truly are a dickhead.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Nice fantasy - but Hillary is not Stalin, and Trump is not Hitler....by any stretch. And although a vocal minority on either side would have you believe otherwise, the vast majority know better.

The nation didn't fall apart in 1968. Things were MUCH worse then.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It could be a lot simpler than that.

GOP goes with a brokered convention and nominates Romney or similar.

Romney loses the election to Hillary.

FBI arrests Hillary for her crimes as SOS.

There you go. Every Commie in the country would be out in the streets while the bureaucrats choose sides.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good grief.. whistle

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Hitler & Stalin were never matched up in any election.
Your rematch statement is BullShit.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At the rate in which Americans are turning to the Federal government for their needs and wishes, there will be no Civil War...just a few of us old liberty lovers being called dumbasses for not wanting the government to control everything. One needs to look no further than the 'fire to see that Americans have given up on freedom, if they can envision it at all. Free trade, freedom of religion, free choice made America great and is the only thing that could possibly make it "great" again.

It was a good run boys...but there is nowhere left to run to.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stevil
wow gonehuntin you truly are a dickhead.

So you're not going to help me stock up on a better grade of booze?? laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"Your community is your country". Hopefully.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Youve basically published a crappy Blue print on how to attack your own country dumbass, you should just STFU !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by idahoguy101
[quote=FreeMe]Nice fantasy - but Hillary is not Stalin, and Trump is not Hitler....by any stretch. And although a vocal minority on either side would have you believe otherwise, the vast majority know better. [/quote

The nation didn't fall apart in 1968. Things were MUCH worse then.

If you think things aren't worse than 1968 you are clueless as to whats happening.
1968 was just a bunch of hippies and radicals. Now those radicals are in power and we are 19 trillion in debt.

The wheels are about to fall off.
The middle class is being destroyed.
In 1968 the middle class was thriving.

Also government has grown a huge amount since 1968.
The government is the enemy,always has been always will be.
The constitution's purpose is to limit the size of government.

Also politicians are much more corrupt now than then.
Hell, Nixon resigned after being impeached, Clinton's impeachment enhanced his resume!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stevil
Youve basically published a crappy Blue print on how to attack your own country dumbass, you should just STFU !

LoL!!!! Maybe you should go to the link and read up some of the suggested reading material on the left side of the blog, then read about the author on the right side of the blog.

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2016/03/how-the-us-ends-up-in-a-civil-war.html

From the "About":

John's education includes:

•Masters of Public and Private Management, Yale University, New Haven CT (commendation for excellence)

•Bachelor of Science in Astronautical Engineering, The United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs CO (honors program)

Other than the AF Academy, the government spent over $2.5 million training John.

•Undergraduate Pilot Training, The United States Air Force, Reese Air Force Base, Lubbock TX

•SERE school. Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape.

•Squadron Officer's School. Mid-level manager training.

•Advanced transport pilot training.

•Advanced low-level night flight training (night vision goggles).

•Advanced interrogation resistance training.

•Terrorism survival course (including advanced driving techniques).

•Covert and clandestine mission training.

•Free-fall parachute training.

•Advanced training in multiple aircraft.

Here's what I am currently thinking about, in a nutshell:

The Future of War. Warfare is rapidly evolving. Torrential improvements in technology and globalization have combined to make it possible for small groups of violent individuals to go to war against nation-states and win. In fact, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are actually accelerating the process of development. How effective are these new methods of warfare? Here's a narrow example. In the summer of 2007, a "defunct" guerrilla group attacked a critical part of a natural gas pipeline in Mexico. This caused a cascade of failure that shut down the just-in-time manufacturing system in the northern part of the country. Network effects turned a $2,000 attack in $2.5 billion in damages. It was so effective, the group did exactly the same thing a month later. Nobody was caught.

The Future of Peace. Resilient communities. Our tightly interconnected global system is increasingly prone to large shocks from a variety of man-made and natural causes. These shocks can disrupt flows of energy, food, commerce, and communications to produce widespread wealth destruction (at best) and famine/death (at worst). The best way to mitigate these shocks is to build resiliency at the local level so that communities can enjoy the benefits of globalization without being damaged by its excesses. I am exploring what a community needs to do to be resilient.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One thing I'll agree with Lincoln about is "a house decided against itself cannot stand".
Something has got to give, and I think it'll be soon. I've never seen this country so devided as it is now. It was pretty bad in 2008, and though I wanted someone else we got Zero'd. I hoped he would unite the country in spite of my fears.
He strove to do exactly the opposite! He's used race, the economy, foreign policy, religion, and more, to turn us one against another.
He and his "handlers" have orchestrated this devisiiveness in order to weaken us.
I honestly don't know what is gonna happen at this point.
I'm beginning to think a couple million or more dead would be a cheap price to pay to restore our republic. I don't think we can restore it.
Too many "useful idiots" are voting now.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The civil war will begin immediately following the Browns wining the Super Bowl this year.

"I've got some ocean front property in Arizona
If you buy that I'll throw the Golden Gate in for free"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like it should make the best sellers list. I say finish writing the book.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
At the rate in which Americans are turning to the Federal government for their needs and wishes, there will be no Civil War...just a few of us old liberty lovers being called dumbasses for not wanting the government to control everything. One needs to look no further than the 'fire to see that Americans have given up on freedom, if they can envision it at all. Free trade, freedom of religion, free choice made America great and is the only thing that could possibly make it "great" again.

It was a good run boys...but there is nowhere left to run to.

And there it is........the cold hard truth.(most likely case) eek

MM

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,029 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,802
Posts18,496,324
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.