Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 68 1 2 3 4 5 6 67 68
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Travis I'm glad you are still coming around here. It takes some moxie to own your mistakes. Good on you.

You (and basically everyone who reads this) may find some inspiration through a group called "Team NDCQ" the web site is ndcq dot com and it was started by a guy named Mac who's facing brain cancer. He has faced many things with the attitude that he will never quit. Sometimes it's having that attitude that makes you pick yourself up and continue when you know quitting would be easier.

and "GFY" .......;) Nate

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well, Travis. I won't waste my words on the open forum, but I can say I truly do wish you the best in your new work. Chin up, amigo.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good that you are here. I never knew of, or even suspected, your problem with alchohol and admire the steps you are taking. You have my prayers and wishes for every success in gaining a great life. If ever you think I can help you, simply let me know.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good man. Keep plugging away, even if you get discouraged. Never Give Up.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good one.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Good to have you back Travis. Have to admit that your humor is one of the main reasons I stay tuned to this channel. Good Luck Bud. A lot of people on here got your six.

W. Bill

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
wow.

Good
For
You

indeed. Excellent to hear you got it turned around before it went critical. Rough road ahead, but keep to it.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I've never met you but I don't doubt we'd get along great in person. Your heartfelt post seems to prove that you will be successful in your recovery. I'm praying for your recovery and for healing for you and your family. May God bless you and guide you through your recovery. I don't drink like I did when I was younger (thank God) and feel great. Not drinking gets easier as do mornings and bowel movements. 😬

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Travis;
Good to hear from you sir.

Happy Easter to you and yours and all the best this spring to you all.

If you're ever so inclined then by all means sir feel free to keep in touch as I believe you've got my contact info.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BMT
May God bless and keep you this Easter.

This. But I would like to add that even though I do not believe you ever attacked or offended me in any way you have my forgiveness. More than that you have my prayers and support. I am one who thinks you are a great guy and hope to see you posting when you are ready.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Stay Busy. From Morning to Night, don't have an Idle Moment. By that I mean staying physically Busy. Sweat that [bleep] out of your system. That's what worked for Me 28 Years ago.

Good Luck

Last edited by KEVIN_JAY; 03/27/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmm.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Travis,

You have many, many friends here that are pulling for you.

You are on a new journey. Whenever you find yourself having doubts, remind yourself why you chose the new path.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It all fun and games until it ain't. While I know the good times, I wouldn't wish the life, or lack of it, on anyone via alcohol struggles. Have tried to raise my boys well in spite of it - and suffer in the city at the moment to try and keep the ship upright. But I'd give up anything I own to have one of my best friends back again......and seeing him go as his organs failed and his family fell apart is not something I ever hope to watch firsthand again.

BTW, your sense of humor is something I understand well; rarely seen it as too much, though I can see where it might have been. It's a good man who will admit his faults and make amends. Good For You!

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Not a bad day for a Resurrection.

At the risk of sounding prophetic, it was 16 degrees in Havre last night.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Upon the next hard frost in Haveher, he will be risen...

In all seriousness, I've no idea if this is real or another ruse. If real, for the sake of the deflave family I wish Travis the best.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Travis,

Best of luck on your new journey. Glad to have you back with us.

Gary

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm like Flave, I really like to drink beer.

But work keeps me busy enough that I only drink at home or dicking off close to home out in the hills.

Used to love whiskey but came to the conclusion that I don't have enough self control for the stuff.

Boredom is half of it(winter is the worst...), being a happy drunk is the other. If beer didn't make me one happy fuucker I wouldn't touch it.
(and I only drink when I'm in a good mood, which is about everyday...grin)

Good luck with it Travis.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Travis may every step you take going forward be a stronger one than the one that preceded it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You treated a lot of people like crap but I do wish you well in your recovery. You actually are a funny guy and can make this place a lot more fun. Good luck.

Gerry.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Boredom is half of it(winter is the worst...),

Every one I know who got a handle on their addiction did it buy staying busy doing productive things. Have to keep your mind off of it,cant get bored.

Page 4 of 68 1 2 3 4 5 6 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (338reddog, 2500HD, 1badf350, 270cowboy, 1234, 260Remguy, 61 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,943
Posts18,519,124
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.