Seriously, this is ...

oh [bleep], why do I even try?

I'm done here.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Well isn't this heart warming? A showering of support for sir drinks a lot.

I said I was done with the campfire and I should just stick to that plan. But this BS step 9 stuff, I guess I just can't leave it alone.

What kind of a step 9 is this? Selective step 9? Step 9 for hurt internet feelings?

What about actual damage, actual losses suffered by others?

Am I speaking too soon? Is the "check in the mail"?

I'll explain what I'm talking about, since I didn't see my name on the apology list.

Last fall Travis told me about a sweet old ford pickup truck he knew about in Havre. He sent me pictures. I fell in love with the old truck (As he figured I would) and he suggested that he could inquire about it for me. I thought that would be great. He kept me from dealing with the "owner" by explaining that it was an elderly man that had no phone and really didn't like talking to people very much. Travis was going to take care of the deal for me. I told Travis I would come out in the spring of 16 with a trailer and cash. But half way through Dec he said we better get it purchased because the owner had another guy wanting to buy it from him and it wasn't going to last til spring.

So, right before Christmas when I needed to be buying Christmas gifts etc, I send Travis $1500 Which I did gladly because it was a smoking hot deal for a 65 Ranger model with the factory bucket seats, original condition, just a dream come true for a restoration guy like myself.

Here's the truck.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice huh? Yeah I loved it, instantly.

Here's the problem, it's total BS.

Time is passing, soon it's new years and I'm anxious for my new truck, there's new excuse after new excuse. He's busy at work, can't get to the DMV to get the "title straightened out". He said the truck was in the old man's brother's name and they had to bring in death certificate to transfer title. They were going to get it in Travis's name for the sake of speed, then I could just show like I bought it from Travis. Pretty soon it's Feb, then mid Feb, then Travis tells me the old man died.

Now this could take a while to fix the title issues. At this point what am I going to do? I feel bad the old man died, I'm just going to be respectful and how ever long it takes it takes.

I'm still excited about the truck and in the beginning of March I was emailing a friend, I had Travis's photos in an email on my work computer. I went to right click and copy over the image file but I'm clumsy with laptop finger pad. I accidentally hit "search google for" and a google window popped up with search results for the image file name.

Here's what my accidental google search turned up.

Click and scroll down.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1298881-65-66-f250-rangers-3.html

That is a link that leads to page 3 of a thread on another forum. The thread is about 65-66 ford ranger model trucks. The photos that Travis sent me were swiped off the internet from this thread. He played like he took these photos himself, he even gave me some chit line about "Better not pop the hood on a strangers truck, I could get shot! Lol!" They were not his photos, he never saw this truck, there was no old man and title mix up and no death. It was all BS.

He's got my $1500 and I've got nothing. No written agreement, no receipt, no nothing. Just an empty hole in my account where $1500 used to be.

I txt him as soon as I figured it out, no reply. I have tried calling, no answer, PM's? No reply.

Yeah, I've been pretty cranky about it. I was having fun here back when I was still on the hook with Dflave, back when I thought he was helping me get this sweet and totally fake truck.

I was Long Duck Dong for a bit there, laughing my butt off and having fun. Well, about the same time Rick killed long duck, this truck deal went all to hell and I've got to explain to my wife that my fake internet friend sold me a fake internet truck. I said F-it, done with internet friends, done with the campfire, it just a pile of political fights anyways, who needs that crap?

It's been a $hitty month.

You all go on ahead with your prayers and support for your hero that says he's so sorry and so sober.

Good luck with your sober savior. I'd laugh at the thought of it if I wasn't so pissed.

A. this smells like truth to me,
or
B. If this is all just a April fools joke, I'm finding it pretty damn
childish at this point.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Travis casts the bait, Dave sets the hook, and the fight is on.

I wouldn't put anything past some of these guys. Just remember.....Karma's a b!tch. smirk

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
There's enough fertilizer here for your tomatoes to last you the rest of your life Kenneth. grin

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Can't wait till Friday

Cage match..........

Rousey vs Holm II, both got kicked in the [bleep] recently.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'll just say this much.

Maybe it's all a put on,..maybe it ain't.

But if it is, it'll never get straightened out.

An internet post is like a diamond. It's forever. And just because you say "haha nevermind" somewhere down the line doesn't erase it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sad indeed to see the drunks and dopers ruin another good thread.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Sad indeed to see the drunks and dopers ruin another good thread.

Samo, you too?

What is actors pay nowadays?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Accountability! I don't know if this story is true on not and I am not taking sides. What I do know is that if the story is exactly as Dave laid it out you are accountable for your lack of commonsense. Rule number one: if something seems easy or to good to be true, don't do it! In your version of the story there were red flags from the beginning and more popping up as it played out. Shame on you, and shame on Travis for scamming you.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Kenneth, I have no idea about what's going on with Flave(serious).

Just drinking a few beers.

Strawberry Crush.....

Check da heifers in 6 hours.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Decisions, decisions.
Go to the bar and hook a fattie for foreplay......
or
Stay here and watch each twist and turn of late March......

Hmmmm .

I've decided to go ugly early.

Hint.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ugly and often....

Strawberry Kush not Crush bro, misheard my dealer.

Ube spirit lifter.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Travis casts the bait, Dave sets the hook, and the fight is on.

Sounds from Rick Bin's tank

Actually, ND may have set the drag a wee bit much and straighten the hook.

Or not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty well planned and it would have worked, over at Democratic Underground..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Wow just when I thought the Presidential race was a freak show too real for fiction.

As The Campfire Burns; the ultimate reality TV show.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If this is in fact truly "step 9" for Travis, forgiveness goes along with making amends. So Travis should be trying to get Dave the $1500 back asap.

Drunks do some truly dumb stuff. The law tends to favor whoever has proof. So, with these things in mind it wouldn't be too hard to put together the info to file charges if that were the course of action decided upon. Interstate fraud is a crime that isn't dealt with lightly.

I recently sold a vehicle online, out of state, and arranged to ship it with no problems. However EVERY email was archived, every document was saved, just in case.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by CCCC
Now, would you like to buy an old Chev?

Seriously, this is ... oh [bleep], why do I even try? I'm done here.

Hey - don't run off on that account - just poking a bit of fun on a strange thread. Still hoping that you get your $1500 back - with some interest.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
uh oh...turning into a Hallmark Channel Christmas movie script...I'm invested in this now and this thread will be a time suck for me until friday

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Let's start a Gofundme account. Who's in?

Page 13 of 68 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 43 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,917
Posts18,518,767
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.