-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 68 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 67 68
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just think if either Flave or ND had somehow managed to slip into their posts that they could use a little "financial support" due to boozing and losing $1500 on the fake truck deal...

Wow, the checks would have been rolling in by now!

I always wondered how the people who call from some hell-hole in Asia manage to sucker Americans into giving them money. Now I know how it works! smile

Last edited by Lonny; 03/30/16. Reason: spelling
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by curdog4570
FWIW...... N.D. and Shrapnel didn't belong on Travis's original apology post.

It only covered those who Travis felt he had wronged ON THIS FORUM.

Wrongs done to others, IN THE REAL WORLD, will be dealt with separately. Those require AMENDS, not just apologies.

So far, Travis has behaved exactly like a new AA member would behave if he is sincere in staying sober.

I wish him well.

True enough....which is why he would have contacted them about these matters before his internet apology post.

If someone sincerely and personally apologized to you....would you then air it on an internet forum, like ND and Shrap have done?

Hoaxy.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Gaaaaaaawwwwwwwd you guys must hate it when I'm right. Sucks to be gullible huh?

Don't know if you're Right or wrong, but you still seem to be an ass hole

Thought I'd flush out his sincerity by posting my grievances, and of course... silence. No PM, no nothing. That's because this whole thing is BS. And you guys fall for it, AGAIN.

LOL
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've talked to Shrap a few times, and he is as stand up as there is. Man of true integrity. I don't know if Flave is pissing in his cheerios or truely on the mend, but sounds to me like he's certainly reached the bottom with people who have character and would do what they could to help him. That takes a lot. I hope he keeps moving forward. I agree with curdog. Travis has plenty of amends to make.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I was told a long time ago by a good friend to "always take the high road". It has been sound advice and I have tried to adhere to it. To pile on to this thread is senseless, but I couldn't be quiet any longer after Northern Dave chimed in.

I had been in Havre last December, bird hunting with Travis and we actually did look at a couple of old farm vehicles that he said he was partnering with Dave to get restored. I paid no attention to it, that was their business, until Dave comes up short on the deposit money.

My disconnect with Travis was finally realizing the loss of genuine friendship when he took advantage of a couple of deals we had going. I did get paid for any guns I got for him, but worse than money is the abuse of a friendship.

I had taken Travis to my prairie dog hunting spot, which is on a private ranch about 200 miles away from where I live. We have had several Prairie Dog Invitationals at that ranch and those that were there can admit that we had an awesome time.

What I didn't know was that Travis had brought some of his buddies from Havre back to that spot without me knowing it. It is very remote and my chances of finding out were minimal at best and I didn't even consider that happening in the first place.

I got a call from Randy, who owns the ranch and he was pretty upset, because he had some antelope hunters on his property last fall and Travis and his buddies had gone onto his property and set up benches and shot prairie dogs without permission. I didn't believe it was Travis until Randy described the vehicle that was there and it was Travis.

I can still shoot prairie dogs, but I damn near lost it due to Travis and his buddies not only interrupting the antelope hunters, but leaving some beer cans near the old homestead building.

I have to admit I was fooled, I dropped Travis's signature line a few months back because of his unsettled behavior. Now for him to ask for forgiveness, may be genuine, may be a ruse, but I am done taking chances.

I hope the best for his family, but as for Travis, I think he really need more help than he is ever going to get here...

What a mess

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I told you;"Hey, I'm real sorry about that hundred bucks I screwed you out of," would you think we were even?

In step 8, we "Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all."

Travis is working from a list. The 'fire in general and a few of us in particular are on that list.

His O P allowed him to mark one item off his list.

It's not a bad idea to get the easy ones out of the way first, and this was an easy one.

You can bet that list is pretty damn long, and simple apologies won't cover most of the names on the list.

To attain, and maintain, sobriety, Travis must come to believe, and continue to believe, that "To drink is to die."

So, this little tempest in a teapot amounts to nothing.

And... what you and I believe about his situation amounts to nothing, either.

Have a good day.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know about that Ron.....I'd think that those who were magnanimous enough to offer their honest support would also be the kind that are big enough to laugh at themselves when it all washes out......
The only real looser as far as I can see is FB2 but he was likely a looser all along....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

The only real looser as far as I can see is FB2 but he was likely a looser all along....

I was looser when I was younger.

LOL
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Consider these two possible scenarios:

(1)'flave is indeed on hard times and universally apologizes to everyone he wronged....which compels his 2 closest internet friends to suddenly chime in concerning 'flaves past misdeeds.....on the internet.....after all this time.

(2)or.....they are accomplis' on a sympathy/support hoax.

What does either scenario say about their true character?

They're either piling on a man when he is down......or contributing to a classless hoax.

Lose/lose.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Lonny
Just think if either Flave or ND had somehow managed to slip into their posts that they could use a little "financial support" due to boozing and losing $1500 on the fake truck deal...

Wow, the checks would have been rolling in by now!

I always wondered how the people who call from some hell-hole in Asia manage to sucker Americans into giving them money. Now I now how it works! smile

I see a pizza shop fundraiser in the near future!

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Gaaaaaaawwwwwwwd you guys must hate it when I'm right. Sucks to be gullible huh?

Thought I'd flush out his sincerity by posting my grievances, and of course... silence. No PM, no nothing. That's because this whole thing is BS. And you guys fall for it, AGAIN.

Sounds like you're butt hurt that he thinks you're an ass even though he's a drunk.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Sounds like you're butt hurt that he thinks you're an ass even though he's a drunk.

A few people here have earned my trust and respect. Travis isn't one of them.

And for the record, them agreeing with me is not the #1 criteria of whether I choose to respect them or not.

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I lost my alcoholic brother several years ago, as he was involved in a traffic accident. These types of things are not a laughing/joking matter with me.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I NEED a beer after reading the past 13 pages...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by atvalaska

It's whiskey Wednesday, SALUTE!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Hate to be a nitpicker but looser is only one o.....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I look at it this way, either I'm right and he's a shameless prankster and all of you chumps fell for it, AGAIN, or I'm wrong and he's a flaming azzhole and an abusive alcoholic. I don't think I'll lose any sleep over it either way.

Have you looked at it THIS way - no either/or - he's both?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by atvalaska

It's whiskey Wednesday, SALUTE!

WOO-HOO
Gonna break out some Mitchers US 1 this evening then.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Evening?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Evening?

I have a 'no drinking' policy at work and have found that my employees don't take it very well when I break this rule without sharing. wink

FJB & FJT
Page 17 of 68 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (2500HD, 1badf350, 1234, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,943
Posts18,519,124
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.