Page 20 of 68 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 67 68
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by deflave
For those that asked about it:

I have already apologized to shrapnel. His post doesn't tell the full story either. He seems to have left out the fact that I had no problem allowing him to return to some of my best bird spots. So excuse the hell out of me for thinking it would be reciprocal.

When he confronted me about it I owned it and I have since apologized and assured him I wouldn't do it again in the future. But apparently his almost losing one of the 9 billion available honey holes he has at his disposal was more than he could bare. As a result, we are no longer what I (or anyone else for that matter) would consider friends.

As far as Dave is concerned I've apologized to him as well. I just didn't do it on the open forum. He knows I'm doing what I can to get him his money. I understand his being pissed off, but I have apologized and I'm doing what I can right now to get him his money.

Thank you again to all of those that have shown support. As stated in my initial post, my intention was not to make this a pissing match.

Travis

Seems like they're both still pissed.

,...might be time to say "fuggit" and move on to step 10.

What is step 10, anyway?

step 10 is where you celebrate your apology tour by drinking a half a quart of turk and staggering around the house in your wife beater saying "what are YOU looking at" to anyone who gives you the stink eye. thats steps 11-13 too actually.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
lolol,...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I have already apologized to shrapnel. His post doesn't tell the full story either. He seems to have left out the fact that I had no problem allowing him to return to some of my best bird spots. So excuse the hell out of me for thinking it would be reciprocal.

When he confronted me about it I owned it and I have since apologized and assured him I wouldn't do it again in the future. But apparently his almost losing one of the 9 billion available honey holes he has at his disposal was more than he could bare. As a result, we are no longer what I (or anyone else for that matter) would consider friends.

As far as Dave is concerned I've apologized to him as well. I just didn't do it on the open forum. He knows I'm doing what I can to get him his money. I understand his being pissed off, but I have apologized and I'm doing what I can right now to get him his money.

Thank you again to all of those that have shown support. As stated in my initial post, my intention was not to make this a pissing match.

Travis

I had an employer once, when I was just a young punk, that had a funny saying, that carried a lot of weight as I got old enough to appreciate it. When we came in from the field in the afternoon he would be sitting at the drawing table drinking an Oly beer. The fridge in the shop usually had lots of it inside. Sometimes we would sit a while and chat about the day, or about hunting. Sometimes he'd offer a beer, sometimes not.

He'd say, " That's mine to give not yours to take". That's how I see other peoples hunting spots. It's theirs to give, not mine to take. I don't even want to be there, it's not mine. Someone else earned it, paid the price. I'd be stealing from them to use their spot without their express permission. And even then, I'd rather go someplace else.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Step Ten: Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Don't quit just yet...

http://dailym.ai/1PGrKQ8

IC B2

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Travis

I had an employer once, when I was just a young punk, that had a funny saying, that carried a lot of weight as I got old enough to appreciate it. When we came in from the field in the afternoon he would be sitting at the drawing table drinking an Oly beer. The fridge in the shop usually had lots of it inside. Sometimes we would sit a while and chat about the day, or about hunting. Sometimes he'd offer a beer, sometimes not.

He'd say, " That's mine to give not yours to take". That's how I see other peoples hunting spots. It's theirs to give, not mine to take. I don't even want to be there, it's not mine. Someone else earned it, paid the price. I'd be stealing from them to use their spot without their express permission. And even then, I'd rather go someplace else.

Great parable, thanks for the sharing.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rem141r

step 10 is where you celebrate your apology tour by drinking a half a quart of turk and staggering around the house in your wife beater saying "what are YOU looking at" to anyone who gives you the stink eye. thats steps 11-13 too actually.

I don't care how many directions this thread has turned, that's funny chit right there!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Don't quit just yet...

Since the name Fireball is already taken, I suggest they call it Fireball2.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't say that this thread has not been interesting. For certain, Travis owed me no apologies or anything else and, to the extent that his OP was straight-up, I'm in his corner and wishing him every success.

I don't know the "Steps", but if #9 has been to make amends/apologize/etc. I can understand why he chose to act openly in this place where he has operated so widely and possibly offended many. What he has done here does not mean that he is not doing so privately or otherwise with others elsewhere - his business alone.

That said, Travis, it is my perception that - if your are in earnest - you might be better off ignoring the contents of this thread (and any others like it that may pop up) and concentrate on your described mission. You always can chime in to this place when it is good for you. That is just simple peception from someone who has not "been there".

And, I sure do understand the views of those who are doubtful of sincerity and even suspect an organized spoof - have certainly considered that aspect. But, given the issues involved, I sure can suspend all of that with some hope of being supportive of a guy who may need it. If the scam suspicions are proven accurate, that stuff could easily be dealt with at a later time.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Travis

What is step 10, anyway?

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by EdM

Travis

What is step 10, anyway?

[Linked Image]

I need a glass like that.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by CCCC
Can't say that this thread has not been interesting. For certain, Travis owed me no apologies or anything else and, to the extent that his OP was straight-up, I'm in his corner and wishing him every success.

I don't know the "Steps", but if #9 has been to make amends/apologize/etc. I can understand why he chose to act openly in this place where he has operated so widely and possibly offended many. What he has done here does not mean that he is not doing so privately or otherwise with others elsewhere - his business alone.

That said, Travis, it is my perception that - if your are in earnest - you might be better off ignoring the contents of this thread (and any others like it that may pop up) and conentrate on your described mission. You always can chime in to this place when it is good for you. That is just simple peception from someone who has not "been there".

And, I sure do understand the views of those who are doubtful of sincerity and even suspect an organized spoof - have certainly considered that aspect. But, given the issues involved, I sure can suspend all of that with some hope of being supportive of a guy who may need it. If the scam suspicions are proven accurate, that stuff could easily be dealt with at a later time.

I like your style

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't quit just yet...

Since the name Fireball is already taken, I suggest they call it Fireball2.

Still mad cuz they threw you out of Utah? Yeah, those Mormons are a hard lot to please.

"Hiram, GW isn't very nice, I don't understand his unwelcoming demeaner".

"Ephram, stop screwing his wife and daughters, maybe it'll get better".

Lots of jackwagons from Utah in Oregon now.

Last edited by Fireball2; 03/30/16.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm pretty sure the 10th involves coveting.

Yep,

“You shall not covet your neighbour's house, you shall not covet your neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is your neighbour's.”

I know the ass and manservant one has a bunch of you squirming.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by EdM

Travis

What is step 10, anyway?

[Linked Image]

I need a glass like that.

Mine looks like that after 5 Martinis and it ain't got no stem.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
lol,..maybe if you get one like that, the stem straightens out after 5 martinis?

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm pretty sure the 10th involves coveting.

Yep,

“You shall not covet your neighbour's house, you shall not covet your neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is your neighbour's.”

I know the ass and manservant one has a bunch of you squirming.

It was the ox that got me...damn that is one fine looking ox though!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some ox need goring.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's a reason to keep a line between yourself and these anonymous internet people. Maybe the person on the other end is real, maybe it's just an act and perhaps they really are the world class azzhole they seem to be.

Either way, I'm not the best judge of character so if you know your own weakness, protect yourself from it.

ND seems like one of those people who was too damned nice and let themselves get taken advantage of by someone who came across as a fun loving azzhat who really, probably, maybe deep down was a good guy beneath the act they put up here.

Have a feeling this latest clusterF woke up a helluva lot of fellas around here. I'm sure there's a lot of good people around but how the hell can you really know?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't worry to much.

If it's true, ND will survive. If it ain't , we will survive.

As Bristoe said....its just the fuggin innanet.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 20 of 68 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (25aught6, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 222Sako, 49 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,923
Posts18,518,859
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.