Hop To
Page 6 of 47 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 46 47
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I would much rather see the sale and distribution of weed, meth, pills, or opiates made a capital offense with summary execution upon conviction.

You can't successfully fight a war without killing a few folks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must want to read of a cop being killed every hour rather than the rate they are now .
People are going to do what people are going to do no matter what the gov't wants or says .
As they say follow the money -THAT'S why the feds are deep into anything that turns a buck . The war on drugs has grown the govt and wasted hundreds of billions of dollars [your $] to no avail .

Get the federal govenment inline with what the Constitution allows --nothing more ---> yes that's a stupid remark and of coarse it won't happen even 1% .

Lots of talk about fed involvement. Don't need any feds. Do it on the state level.

Every jackwad standing on a corner with a pocket full of dope gets a ride on the needle.

The real problem is our youth are easily seduced by the drug culture. They (many of them, thank God i was able to keep my kids, and so far, grandkids clear of that path) often see no downside to experimenting with dope, or even selling a bit for a quick profit. Then they are in "the life" and often "the system".

If they could start hearing in the third grade about how Little Susie's big brother or Jimmy's daddy just got executed for selling a bit of meth or weed.......Well that schitt would not seem so harmless after all.

Then you would see the market start to dry up.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Trump will veto. Pot is a drug.

Mr.T will veto, and has already said he's going after the recreation legal states...meds fine tho. The police state will pushed along with LEO,TSA, Border patrol, military, etc...

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I've never heard of rehab for weed, it's not the gateway drug the Reagan's claimed...Nancy just needed something to keep her away from the horology section.

Me either. Nor have I heard of ANYONE dying from quitting pot or "overdosing" on weed. Never heard of anyone getting delirium tremors from quitting pot or requiring hospitalization because of quitting. I NEVER responded, in all the years as a FF/EMT, to a single marijuana overdose. Alcohol, coke, lots of heroin and lots of sugar overdoses, plenty of prescription overdoses, tricyclic anti-depressants and paint huffers but not one marijuana OD....EVER! Shoots to hell the bullshit hype the anti-freedom, alcohol lovers try to ignorantly argue as it regards pot. Not one f'ing pot overdose EVER!! Think about that....

All this may well be true. On the other hand, how many good students flunked out of college after they discovered weed. How many daily smokers of weed make it to work on time every day.

Do you want your bus driver, your airline pilot, or your child's school bus driver huffing down a fattie before slides into the driver's seat.

This nation does have a serious problem with alcoholism. So, instead of adressing this problem, we should introduce another problem just as devestating to society?

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by The_Derek
This is worth supporting IMO, get the feds out of state business and save US taxpayers billions of dollars / year....
------------------------------------------------------------
Federal: Bill Introduced To End Federal Marijuana Prohibition

Representatives Tom Garrett (R-VA) and Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) have introduced bipartisan legislation, HR 1227, to exclude marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act, thus leaving states the authority to regulate the plant how best they see fit.

The “Ending Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017” eliminates federal criminal penalties for possessing and growing the plant. This legislation gives states the power and flexibility to establish their own marijuana policies free from federal interference.

FDA calls it a Class 1 drug meaning it has NO medical use. Pure BS. I would not smoke it even if it was free and legal but I would use some of the new strains than have little or no THC. Topical lotions do wonders for things like arthritis. I could use a little less pain without the normal drugs side affects. I know a woman who has worked hard all her 70 years and her hands look like claws. She uses a cream and has a normal pain free life. I could use the same cream but I will not lie on a federal form.

I tried some of that cream. Couldn't tell that it helped a bit.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I smoked it for 10 years,about an ounce a week.

Damn!

No kidding. Somewhere there's a plaque in Cartel land commemorating the sudden disappearance of one of their best customers... grin

That's funny guys,but don't forget I haven't smoked any at all in 19 years. I just told that about myself to show that I might know a little bit about what pot use does to people.

God, just imagine how much more you could have accomplished in your life without the deleterious effects of that nasty weed for ten years!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lazyered

I tried some of that cream. Couldn't tell that it helped a bit.

There's a thousand different creams put out by a thousand different companies. Some companies are in it for a quick buck due to the Cannabis craze, some companies are in it to produce medicinal products.

Lots of research has to be done to weed out the good from the bad. You may have got ahold of some fake cream or it may have truly had no effect on you. All people react differently.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Conservatives only subscribe to the idea of states' rights when it suits them. I'm never not surprised by the big government supporters here that are still fighting the civil war but are too hypocritical to realize the error of their ways when it comes to freedoms. The DEA is the biggest group of drug addicted criminals to ever exist but the truth matters not to the puritans and the temperance society they dream of. Some folks live in a fantasy world and are too dumb to understand the ineffectiveness of prohibition, even when history has proven it doesn't work.

1.You may be the dumbest corksoaker in the history of mankind as indicated by your post.

2. Apparently ff/emt s and ER workers in your area don't get drug tested.

3.It is Delirium Tremens not tremors Mr. ff/emt/ER guy, see #2 above.

4.Eatadik

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know some of you guys are older and view pot as the devil but I can tell you that after more than 20 years of responding to 911 calls I cannot recall a single call that was directly related to marijuana. On the flip side I cannot possibly count the # of calls related to alcohol use. From Domestic violence, child abuse, assaults, motor vehicle accidents, suicides, etc. Most of the horrific calls in my mental database are directly related to alcohol abuse. I cant for the life of me understand why someone would condone alcohol consumption and in the same sentence demonize marijuana use. Makes no sense to me. I say let they states decide and remove it from the schedule 1 list.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I've never heard of rehab for weed, it's not the gateway drug the Reagan's claimed...Nancy just needed something to keep her away from the horology section.

Me either. Nor have I heard of ANYONE dying from quitting pot or "overdosing" on weed. Never heard of anyone getting delirium tremors from quitting pot or requiring hospitalization because of quitting. I NEVER responded, in all the years as a FF/EMT, to a single marijuana overdose. Alcohol, coke, lots of heroin and lots of sugar overdoses, plenty of prescription overdoses, tricyclic anti-depressants and paint huffers but not one marijuana OD....EVER! Shoots to hell the bullshit hype the anti-freedom, alcohol lovers try to ignorantly argue as it regards pot. Not one f'ing pot overdose EVER!! Think about that....

All this may well be true. On the other hand, how many good students flunked out of college after they discovered weed. How many daily smokers of weed make it to work on time every day.

Do you want your bus driver, your airline pilot, or your child's school bus driver huffing down a fattie before slides into the driver's seat.

This nation does have a serious problem with alcoholism. So, instead of adressing this problem, we should introduce another problem just as devestating to society?

No, I believe it's a State issue(just like legal drinking age)...and the Feds should deal with real problems, they have enough of them.

Based on national statistics there are many members here that have a loved one that's an addict, or may even be an addict themselves. Most are innocent victims that were hurt in accidents or had surgery, and were dealing with major pain daily. Their "pusher" was a doctor that prescribed the meds, and told them you can't get addicted to prescription drugs. When those legal drugs could no longer be gotten after their pain issues subsided, the only choice was heroin and street opiates...they are victims, not just junkies. They are young and old, just like you and I...regular normal people that were thrown in a blender, because they trusted the medical establishment.

Last edited by Bwana_1; 03/10/17.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I personally do not care what others do or believe until it has a negative consequence for me and mine. Alcohol and other recreational substances have historically been much more damaging to society than pot.

However, anyone who advocates for any non-medical drug use can probably explain how to pick up a turd from the clean end.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
I know some of you guys are older and view pot as the devil but I can tell you that after more than 20 years of responding to 911 calls I cannot recall a single call that was directly related to marijuana. On the flip side I cannot possibly count the # of calls related to alcohol use. From Domestic violence, child abuse, assaults, motor vehicle accidents, suicides, etc. Most of the horrific calls in my mental database are directly related to alcohol abuse. I cant for the life of me understand why someone would condone alcohol consumption and in the same sentence demonize marijuana use. Makes no sense to me. I say let they states decide and remove it from the schedule 1 list.

I just saw on TV that more people die from drug overdose in the US than alcohol related deaths,,,and weed for those that smoke it, are far safer than the heroine addicts that got hooked by doctors from "legal" Oxi.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin
Am I the only one getting sick of smelling all the potheads walking around?

Try working with them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Smoking pot is another of the victimless crimes, unless you live near people smoking it. I sincerely hope the pot apologists here get to deal with it like Seafire and I have.

It's one of those gray area liberty topics where one person exercises their "right" to smoke, but everyone around them, whether they like it or not, has zero right to NOT breath it, and must leave the area. I would have no problem with people smoking pot in their own home if they want, but when the force everyone around them to participate, that's not cool.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I cant for the life of me understand why someone would condone alcohol consumption and in the same sentence demonize marijuana use. Makes no sense to me.

Not debating the crime related experience you mention but there is a fundamental difference between the two when it comes to people around the person. If I am an alcoholic or just prefer not to drink, I can sit at a table right next to you drinking a beer and I am not forced to drink. On the other hand, if I'm sitting next to someone smoking weed, I have zero choice but to breath it too, whether I like it or not.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

It's one of those gray area liberty topics where one person exercises their "right" to smoke, but everyone around them, whether they like it or not, has zero right to NOT breath it, and must leave the area. I would have no problem with people smoking pot in their own home if they want, but when the force everyone around them to participate, that's not cool.

There are consumables now with pre-measured THC doses, nobody has to "smoke" pot unless they want to. So the smoke and smell don't have to be an issue.

[Linked Image]

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...Do you want your bus driver, your airline pilot, or your child's school bus driver huffing down a fattie before slides into the driver's seat...

Do you want your bus driver, airline pilot, or your child's school bus driver drinking a 1/2-pint of hard liquor or doing a bunch of prescription drugs before sliding into the driver's seat? Alcohol and prescription drugs are both legal.

Get real!

If they were to do any of that the night before, but showed up for work sober and alert, what would you object to then?

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Ten pages easy.

I'll go make the popcorn. whistle

Don't forget the twinkies and ho-ho's.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...Do you want your bus driver, your airline pilot, or your child's school bus driver huffing down a fattie before slides into the driver's seat...

News Flash....they already are.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Yeah, this country has a destabilizing drug use problem because of the medical profession. The docs, and cops are the problem not the lazy, ignorant and criminal people that embrace the thug/drug culture and abdicate personal responsibility. The Man be keeping you down.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I cant for the life of me understand why someone would condone alcohol consumption and in the same sentence demonize marijuana use. Makes no sense to me.

Not debating the crime related experience you mention but there is a fundamental difference between the two when it comes to people around the person. If I am an alcoholic or just prefer not to drink, I can sit at a table right next to you drinking a beer and I am not forced to drink. On the other hand, if I'm sitting next to someone smoking weed, I have zero choice but to breath it too, whether I like it or not.

I'm not debating permissive usage in public, I'm merely saying that it should be removed from the schedule 1 drugs list and let the states determine what their people want.

Page 6 of 47 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,443
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.