Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 47 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 46 47
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Get it off the Schedule I list so companies can freely research any benefits that may be provided by the dozens of CBD's in Cannabis plants.

This says it all: A schedule 1 right next to heroine and opiates is BS, give the power back to the states...let the Feds deal with real problems.

Making weed appear socially acceptable to young children, will cause major problems down the road...but drinking causes more deaths than weed ever will.

...because drinking is legal...and weed is not. Wait until it is leagal, your analysis is apt to change.

Weed is legal in AK and the last time I checked (just now), the sky hadn't fallen.

I'm happy it's one less thing I have to deal with.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The big problem around, like everywhere else, isn't the pot smoker it's the drunks and lushes. I worked EMS and ER trauma and can't remember a single call that involved marijuana exclusively. Alcohol is far and away a much bigger problem for families, individuals and society.

Anyone that says alcohol is a victimless activity is a fool. It's by far the most prevalent factor and the biggest thorn in the legal system and medical system. Alcohol's cost to society in money and lives outpaces all drugs combined.

I'm in LE and my experience mirrors your's.

I've never had a stoner pull a weapon, or get violent with me. At the worst it's been a weird conversation.

I can't count the number of drunks I've had to physically hurt before we were on the same sheet of music. The vast majority of my cases of crimes against persons have alcohol involvement.

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I realize I'm debating pot use with children of the 60's. I won't hold my breath for a wave of support for my position. LOL.

Toke out bruthas!

I'm just telling you that do nothing drugs heads,smoking pot and doing anything else they can get a hold of are what they are because of their raising more than because of their pot use.

I knew lots of upstanding people in the community including professionals who would smoke a little pot in the evening to relax,just like someone would take a drink. The difference between that and smoking or drinking all day to escape life is the person more than the drug.

I agree, know many professionals with familys and happy lives..solid members of the community that partake, it's their life and it's better than booze.

And I wasn't kidding about Obama, hate him or not he was an admitted smoker than gained a higher position in life than anyone on the forum.

George W. Bush did coke and drank like Cooter Brown. Look where it got him.

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I've never heard of rehab for weed, it's not the gateway drug the Reagan's claimed...Nancy just needed something to keep her away from the horology section.

Me either. Nor have I heard of ANYONE dying from quitting pot or "overdosing" on weed. Never heard of anyone getting delirium tremors from quitting pot or requiring hospitalization because of quitting. I NEVER responded, in all the years as a FF/EMT, to a single marijuana overdose. Alcohol, coke, lots of heroin and lots of sugar overdoses, plenty of prescription overdoses, tricyclic anti-depressants and paint huffers but not one marijuana OD....EVER! Shoots to hell the bullshit hype the anti-freedom, alcohol lovers try to ignorantly argue as it regards pot. Not one f'ing pot overdose EVER!! Think about that....

All this may well be true. On the other hand, how many good students flunked out of college after they discovered weed. How many daily smokers of weed make it to work on time every day.

[B]Do you want your bus driver, your airline pilot, or your child's school bus driver huffing down a fattie before slides into the driver's seat.{/B]

This nation does have a serious problem with alcoholism. So, instead of adressing this problem, we should introduce another problem just as devestating to society?

False argument. It's already illegal to operate planes, trains and automobiles while impaired. Legalizing a new intoxicant doesn't make it legal to operate plane trains and automobiles under the influence.

Z
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Everybody get high!!!🔥🔥🔥🔥

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Nah. Mostly small government libertarians.

I think the feds have a vested interest in eliminating drug use for the good of the country.

You think the ferals give a schitt about the good of the country? Amusing.

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
America seemed to do pretty good before all these substances were prohibited, and progressively worse since outlawed.
Gotta be some reason for that.
Seems prohibition made booze a bigger problem than before it was illegal.

Some lessons society never learns.

The use of the mind altering drugs creates the problems, not the prohibition of them. Prohibition does nothing one way or the other, it's the lack of enforcement of that prohibition that sends the message that it's ok to abuse them.

Maybe we should try and prohibit human nature since that seems to be the root of the problem.

Z
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Cmon, get this sum bi tch to ten pages

You do realize that you can change the settings as to how many post per page, don't you? If not you might want to pass the reefer on along and not hog it. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Maybe we should try and prohibit human nature since that seems to be the root of the problem.

Ain't that what all laws are about? Even the 10 commandments. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Yep.

Pretty much the reasons laws and penalties and age designations exist.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There are plenty of statistics on the use of pot and increased risks of Alzheimer's also advancing cases of it with medical use.

The Europeans have had plenty of success with legalizing drugs in various forms. Now they just take the money they spent on Law enforcement and spend it on other issues. For instance making drugs a mental health problem.

Either way we lose. There is no hope in DOPE.

Good luck all.

Bob

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by scottishkat

Oh no, it'll be our salvation, if only the feds would legalize it!

Sarcasm font <off>

LOL
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
TEN! and nobody has learned anything or changed their mind.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kennyd
TEN! and nobody has learned anything or changed their mind.

Yep, the people want their mind altering substances.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scottishkat

Oh no, it'll be our salvation, if only the feds would legalize it!

Sarcasm font <off>

I personally don't care if it's legalized or not, but the local State should be making the decision...and the Feds stick with national/world affairs.

My points were to help enlighten the group to the facts, that weed isn't on the same level as heroin/opiates/alcohol...and additional research needs done to gain the benefits for treating some debilitating diseases.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We are going to be a nation of useless pot smoking gamers.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
as I have said before, I favor legalizing any and all pot, meth, cocaine, heroin............you have it, you can use it.
The only caveats would be to tax it to the extent thats possible, and if there is a medical problem, you are on your own. No government intervention or rescue.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, coincidental to this conversation, my kid has to go to the ER last night. Four beds in the same room separated by curtains, so everyone is real close together. You can hear everyone in the room. As the staff was interviewing each of these other three people in the room, ALL three of the other patients admitted to smoking pot. One admitted to heroine and meth use. Anxiety issues, and other general problems, not some specific problem like crashed a motorcycle. Listening to them you could tell their lives were train wrecks, problem after problem. Chronic physical conditions, lifestyle illnesses.

Draw your own conclusions. It's not rocket surgery.

LOL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
as I have said before, I favor legalizing any and all pot, meth, cocaine, heroin............you have it, you can use it.
The only caveats would be to tax it to the extent thats possible, and if there is a medical problem, you are on your own. No government intervention or rescue.

I kind of feel the same way, but no tax.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So, coincidental to this conversation, my kid has to go to the ER last night. Four beds in the same room separated by curtains, so everyone is real close together. You can hear everyone in the room. As the staff was interviewing each of these other three people in the room, ALL three of the other patients admitted to smoking pot. One admitted to heroine and meth use. Anxiety issues, and other general problems, not some specific problem like crashed a motorcycle. Listening to them you could tell their lives were train wrecks, problem after problem. Chronic physical conditions, lifestyle illnesses.

Draw your own conclusions. It's not rocket surgery.

a couple of guys who I've known since they were Scouts in our Troop ( both became Eagle Scouts), are nurses in the ER at Three Rivers, on the night shift...

The stories I hear them tell sometimes when I ask about their jobs, when I run into them at the hospital, when I'm stopping by the office my wife works in.....

if those think it is a harmless drug... drop by an ER's waiting room....and just see what you can see first hand...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 9 of 47 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (257 roberts, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 204guy, 257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,246
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.