Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Russia did it!!!!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You just framed the rescheduling of Cannabis debate perfectly in another thread..

Originally Posted by Fireball2
Just our corrupt nature playing both sides to suit our whims. This is just another manifestation of relative truth vs. actual, factual, real truth.

What's true for me, might not be true for you. What's true in this situation, might not be true if the situation is different. It's nonsense, hypocrisy, motive-driven relativity.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Why should drug abusers have any rights while decent people are told to stand down and put up with the increased crime and degradation to society it brings?

Drug abuse has no place in society.

She was not abusing drugs, and whom are these "decent" people? People you define as decent could be alcoholics, wife beaters, tax-evaders, whatever, as long as they're not using drugs, right?

You're correct, Drug abuse has no place in a society.

However drug use does. The unfortunate thing is, it's simply impossible for you to make a distinction between the two.

I use drugs. Ibuprofin, excedrin, etc. I don't effect society by my use of them in any way. I don't even smell bad when I use them, not that that's a crime. Drugs can be useful perhaps even including MJ. Heck, my dad died a slow painful death he could have used some relief. So use the compounds in MJ that help and leave out the ones that get you high.

That's where I am at. I am against mind altering chemicals used for recreation and excape from reality, outside of any medical justification. I think I am clear on this, but I'm sure I didn't get one word quite perfect enough for someone so they'll argue about it.

I don't believe society is served in any way when folks check out of reality, destroy their minds and bodies, and ultimately society pays a heavy price for that abuse.

Don't know how else to frame it. I'm sure someone will argue.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I personally, have little interest in the "mind altering" THC compound in MJ. I'm interested in the dozens or hundreds of CBD's and other compounds that Cannabis contains.

Heck, my dad died a slow painful death he could have used some relief. So use the compounds in MJ that help and leave out the ones that get you high.

Can any of the other compounds be useful in practical medicine? Who knows at this point? The compounds in MJ that might help can't be studied because MJ is a schedule I. That's why it's imperative that MJ be reclassified and control given back to the states, so proper research can be done. Until that happens, the drugs we're stuck with is only what Big Pharma will allow, despite the side effects.

We use drugs that come from nature all the time. Succinylcholine was/is used during surgery anesthesia, it's derived from Curare. The painkiller Prialt is derived from Cone snail venom. Curare and cone snails aren't something that the average person can grow in their backyard. However, Cannabis is. If word gets out that people can cure some of their own ills using something that they grow, Big Pharma stands to go bankrupt. Big Pharma isn't crazy about rescheduling because they will lose Tons of Money, therefore they must instill fear into the public about "the devil's weed". IMO, that's the main reason why MJ has been a schedule I all these years, Big Parma doesn't pay its lobbyist big bucks for nothing, follow the money trail..

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I personally, have little interest in the "mind altering" THC compound in MJ. I'm interested in the dozens or hundreds of CBD's and other compounds that Cannabis contains.

Heck, my dad died a slow painful death he could have used some relief. So use the compounds in MJ that help and leave out the ones that get you high.

Can any of the other compounds be useful in practical medicine? Who knows at this point? The compounds in MJ that might help can't be studied because MJ is a schedule I. That's why it's imperative that MJ be reclassified and control given back to the states, so proper research can be done. Until that happens, the drugs we're stuck with is only what Big Pharma will allow, despite the side effects.

We use drugs that come from nature all the time. Succinylcholine was/is used during surgery anesthesia, it's derived from Curare. The painkiller Prialt is derived from Cone snail venom. Curare and cone snails aren't something that the average person can grow in their backyard. However, Cannabis is. If word gets out that people can cure some of their own ills using something that they grow, Big Pharma stands to go bankrupt. Big Pharma isn't crazy about rescheduling because they will lose Tons of Money, therefore they must instill fear into the public about "the devil's weed". IMO, that's the main reason why MJ has been a schedule I all these years, Big Parma doesn't pay its lobbyist big bucks for nothing, follow the money trail..

That all sounds very reasonable, and you could very well be 100% correct. Those issues are worth addressing.

BUT, and this is a big one, the MJ push nationwide isn't about medicinal use, at least not as I see the empirical evidence here in Oregon. It's about getting high. Some medicinal use and research may indeed follow rescheduling, but the lions share of the MJ pushers are pushing for the wrong reasons, again, in my opinion based on what I see in Oregon.

Maybe I'm wrong and all these grungy scumbags want to save the world, but I doubt it. I think they want to get the world high.

As I stated, getting high, usually done for a lifetime, which is nothing if not drug abuse, has no place in society. The cost is too high. If Mj could remain illegal while otherwise opening the door to research for medicinal use, that would be my first choice.

Why is throwing the door wide open the only avenue to research? Why can't it simply be reframed to minimize abuse while maximizing research opportunity? Laws can be written and rewritten to whatever works. Why do we have to commit suicide as a country to research medicinal uses for MJ?

LOL
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Why should drug abusers have any rights while decent people are told to stand down and put up with the increased crime and degradation to society it brings?

Drug abuse has no place in society.

I'm gonna have to blame this thread for what happened to me last night...I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning the swamp cooler, replacing the pads and repairing a crack in the feed line...as well as vacuuming and cleaning the old Bronco, making a fresh batch of Lipton sweet tea, splitting and bagging 9 grocery bags full of kindling and some other light chores...right before sundown I thought...WTF...I went back down to the garage, sat down behind the desk & fished out the old pipe and a big bud that's been hiding in an old pill bottle for the past ten months...hmmm...I pinch off a little and commence the festivities...man...it's been a while...music...I need to listen to some good old rock and roll....click on the stereo and turn the volume up a little....first song up was The Doors "L.A. Woman" ..oh man...it's been too long...second one was Seger doing "Hollywood Nights" followed by AC/DC "Thunderstruck"...time to reload the bowl....the local radio station is killing it!!! Right about now, the sun's going behind the hill...temperature is around 70 and the wind's calm....schitt...I'm hungry...fire up the gas grill and throw some chicken thighs on...get that going and figure it's about a perfect night for a fire in the fire pit, because it's starting to cool off pretty quick....40 minutes later, I'm sitting next to the fire, eating bbq chicken and macaroni salad...listening to good music and absolutely savoring every bite of food, every drink of tea and every tune coming from the radio...life is good....well, maybe it's not GOOD, but it could always be worse...an hour or so later, I turn off the radio, put the lid on the fire pit and come inside...turn on the TV and tune in to the discovery channels "fast and loud"...cool...I go to the fridge to refill my tea glass and that's when I remember (see) the strawberry cheesecake I made yesterday...SCORE!!!

About half way through "Diesel Brothers" I'm getting sleepy....went to bed and slept like a friggin baby for a good 9 hrs....I'm feeling a little guilty this morning though...even though I feel absolutely wonderful (no hangover), well rested, totally on top of my game, I now know my actions are causing grief to some of my fellow campfire friends...I had no idea I was offending any "DECENT" people or "DEGRADING" society...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Maybe I'm wrong and all these grungy scumbags want to save the world, but I doubt it. I think they want to get the world high.

Now I'm not talking about Junkies or meth heads, focusing on MJ users. If those users had to follow alcohol laws and tobacco laws that most of us in the country have to follow, ie, no using while driving, field sobriety tests, no public intox, no use in public places, no use around children, no use in restaurants, etc, pretty much use only at home, wouldn't that fix a lot of the things you see as a problem?

It sounds like to me you have an law enforcement issue, not necessarily a drug issue. If potheads had to live up to the same levels of scrutiny as alcohol drinkers and tobacco users, and were dealt with accordingly, how much would that clean up the problems you're seeing?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Now I'm not talking about Junkies or meth heads, focusing on MJ users. If those users had to follow alcohol laws and tobacco laws that most of us in the country have to follow, ie, no smoking while driving, field sobriety tests, no public intox, no use in public places, no use around children, no use in restaurants, etc, pretty much use only at home, wouldn't that fix a lot of the things you see as a problem?

It sounds like to me you have an law enforcement issue, not necessarily a drug issue. If potheads had to live up to the same levels of scrutiny as alcohol drinkers and tobacco users, and were dealt with accordingly, how much would that clean up the problems you're seeing?

Interesting there's these threads going about MJ and abortion simultaneously. Abortion is now legal, and millions have been performed. Less when it wasn't legal. The reasons for abortion a huge majority of the time aren't about rape or incest, but convenience.

The arguments put forth by the growers and abusers of MJ might center around medicinal uses for it, but the reality is most people just want to get high. Since becoming legal in Oregon people smoking MJ to get high, and people growing it here to export to all the other states, has skyrocketed.

Let's not kid each other, it's obvious what's going on and it will not be good for society at large, in the long run. I can promise you the industry has not been good for Oregon's quality of life, unless you're a doper.

I guess the laws get written to favor the state (revenue generated) and the misfits. The rest of us just get to keep paying for it.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

I'm gonna have to blame this thread for what happened to me last night...I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning the swamp cooler, replacing the pads and repairing a crack in the feed line...as well as vacuuming and cleaning the old Bronco, making a fresh batch of Lipton sweet tea, splitting and bagging 9 grocery bags full of kindling and some other light chores...right before sundown I thought...WTF...I went back down to the garage, sat down behind the desk & fished out the old pipe and a big bud that's been hiding in an old pill bottle for the past ten months...hmmm...I pinch off a little and commence the festivities...man...it's been a while...music...I need to listen to some good old rock and roll....click on the stereo and turn the volume up a little....first song up was The Doors "L.A. Woman" ..oh man...it's been too long...second one was Seger doing "Hollywood Nights" followed by AC/DC "Thunderstruck"...time to reload the bowl....the local radio station is killing it!!! Right about now, the sun's going behind the hill...temperature is around 70 and the wind's calm....schitt...I'm hungry...fire up the gas grill and throw some chicken thighs on...get that going and figure it's about a perfect night for a fire in the fire pit, because it's starting to cool off pretty quick....40 minutes later, I'm sitting next to the fire, eating bbq chicken and macaroni salad...listening to good music and absolutely savoring every bite of food, every drink of tea and every tune coming from the radio...life is good....well, maybe it's not GOOD, but it could always be worse...an hour or so later, I turn off the radio, put the lid on the fire pit and come inside...turn on the TV and tune in to the discovery channels "fast and loud"...cool...I go to the fridge to refill my tea glass and that's when I remember (see) the strawberry cheesecake I made yesterday...SCORE!!!

About half way through "Diesel Brothers" I'm getting sleepy....went to bed and slept like a friggin baby for a good 9 hrs....I'm feeling a little guilty this morning though...even though I feel absolutely wonderful (no hangover), well rested, totally on top of my game, I now know my actions are causing grief to some of my fellow campfire friends...I had no idea I was offending any "DECENT" people or "DEGRADING" society...

No offense, you may be a great guy, but there was never any doubt by your position you were a doper.

LOL
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

If you just had even one hint of a clue, you'd know that not everybody who smokes weed is a grungy scumbag who wants to save the world...regardless of what your uninformed/misinformed/preconceived OPINION is....you obviously don't have any credible experience on the subject or you'd know better.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

No offense, you may be a great guy, but there was never any doubt by your position you were a doper.

So if I smoke a little weed once or twice a year, I'm a "doper"??? I guess I'm also an alcoholic because I also drink a couple times a year??? Funny schitt...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So if I smoke a little weed once or twice a year, I'm a "doper"??? I guess I'm also an alcoholic because I also drink a couple times a year??? Funny schitt...

He's hopeless. Unless you fit into his tiny little preconceived morality box, you're worthless.

Kinda funny knowing he's being run out of town by "dopers", they must be a powerful bunch of bad-asses..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Unless you fit into his tiny little preconceived morality box, you're worthless.

Nope. But you don't see what I see. Almost 3000 pot grows in Josephine County where I live, work, and raise kids. Dopers are everywhere.

Kinda funny knowing he's being run out of town by "dopers", they must be a powerful bunch of bad-asses..

I choose to not be around it. So sue me. Of course fellow dopers don't care. Given the chance they'd probably eat their own vomit to get a buzz.

LOL
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

If you just had even one hint of a clue, you'd know that not everybody who smokes weed is a grungy scumbag who wants to save the world...regardless of what your uninformed/misinformed/preconceived OPINION is....you obviously don't have any credible experience on the subject or you'd know better.
Exactly.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

If you just had even one hint of a clue, you'd know that not everybody who smokes weed is a grungy scumbag who wants to save the world...

maybe not..but you're still a dope head.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

So if I smoke a little weed once or twice a year, I'm a "doper"???

Yes.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll take my choices over those of the smokers and growers any day. I live amongst the dirtiest grungiest trashbags you've ever seen. until you've got to see what I see here, how can you possibly know?

Josephine county Oregon, best place in the US to grow pot.

Coincidentally I'm sure, not a good place to raise a family.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't smoke weed, so there's zero chance I'm a doper. If you smoke weed, I guess you understand the risk is you might be called a pothead. get over it. Who created your problem? Me because I call you a pothead or you because you smoked it? Oh, I know the answer, me. Of course it's their fault they call you a doper (because you smoked pot and they didn't).

Have you ever, just once in your life had to stand in judgement, and the person holding you accountable wouldn't let you make excuses?

LOL
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by tzone

So if I smoke a little weed once or twice a year, I'm a "doper"???

Yes.

Good to know...should I seek out a rehab facility???

Page 29 of 47 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 204guy, 57 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,279
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.