Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Why should drug abusers have any rights while decent people are told to stand down and put up with the increased crime and degradation to society it brings?

Drug abuse has no place in society.

She was not abusing drugs, and whom are these "decent" people? People you define as decent could be alcoholics, wife beaters, tax-evaders, whatever, as long as they're not using drugs, right?

You're correct, Drug abuse has no place in a society.

However drug use does. The unfortunate thing is, it's simply impossible for you to make a distinction between the two.

I use drugs. Ibuprofin, excedrin, etc. I don't effect society by my use of them in any way. I don't even smell bad when I use them, not that that's a crime. Drugs can be useful perhaps even including MJ. Heck, my dad died a slow painful death he could have used some relief. So use the compounds in MJ that help and leave out the ones that get you high.

That's where I am at. I am against mind altering chemicals used for recreation and excape from reality, outside of any medical justification. I think I am clear on this, but I'm sure I didn't get one word quite perfect enough for someone so they'll argue about it.

I don't believe society is served in any way when folks check out of reality, destroy their minds and bodies, and ultimately society pays a heavy price for that abuse.

Don't know how else to frame it. I'm sure someone will argue.

LOL