Originally Posted by AcesNeights
As you guys know pot was legalized here too a couple years back. It's regulated, taxed heavily and enforcement is looking for any chance to shut the doors on individual shops. It's incumbent upon the shops to follow the rules or suffer great loss. Following the law is in the best interest of the store owner and the employees. There's one shop on the island and they seem to do more business with the 60 and older crowd. There's been no perceptible difference in quality of people or how they smell. We don't have crazed black men trying to rape our women nor have I seen in the local crime report an increase of crime or DUI. Our police blotter differentiates between suspected drug DUI's and suspected alcohol DUI's. There's always an alcohol related DUI or other offense but very rarely a marijuana related traffic offense.

If Josephine county is so inundated with pot problems it's likely a result of poor planning, regulation, an apathetic citizenry and poor enforcement. Some local communities voted to forego recreational sales but as time goes by they're seeing that there are few associated problems and major tax advantages to recreational sales. There are less and less communities opting out because the upsides far outweigh the downsides.

As Steelhead said the illegal smuggling of any drug, pot included, only benefits the cartels and terrorists. The pot coming across the border is going to states that don't have legal weed, benefitting the cartels at the expense of cities and states. States with legal pot don't want or need the crappy, seedy ditch weed coming from Mexico, preferring high quality organically grown and certified (tested) locoweed.

Josephine county has no LEO except for the sheriff last I knew. The count will not approve and $$$ for officers or ant way to lock up criminals. It is the voters and they all are facing the consequences of the majority who will not vote to protect themselves. It is no wonder things are wild down there.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!