Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Maybe I'm wrong and all these grungy scumbags want to save the world, but I doubt it. I think they want to get the world high.

Now I'm not talking about Junkies or meth heads, focusing on MJ users. If those users had to follow alcohol laws and tobacco laws that most of us in the country have to follow, ie, no smoking while driving, field sobriety tests, no public intox, no use in public places, no use around children, no use in restaurants, etc, pretty much use only at home, wouldn't that fix a lot of the things you see as a problem?

It sounds like to me you have an law enforcement issue, not necessarily a drug issue. If potheads had to live up to the same levels of scrutiny as alcohol drinkers and tobacco users, and were dealt with accordingly, how much would that clean up the problems you're seeing?

Interesting there's these threads going about MJ and abortion simultaneously. Abortion is now legal, and millions have been performed. Less when it wasn't legal. The reasons for abortion a huge majority of the time aren't about rape or incest, but convenience.

The arguments put forth by the growers and abusers of MJ might center around medicinal uses for it, but the reality is most people just want to get high. Since becoming legal in Oregon people smoking MJ to get high, and people growing it here to export to all the other states, has skyrocketed.

Let's not kid each other, it's obvious what's going on and it will not be good for society at large, in the long run. I can promise you the industry has not been good for Oregon's quality of life, unless you're a doper.

I guess the laws get written to favor the state (revenue generated) and the misfits. The rest of us just get to keep paying for it.

LOL