Originally Posted by 700LH
I have a question about hemp ( MARIJUANA)
I recall reading about all the products that are not available from laws against growing pot (hemp plant)
Apparently lots of good products can be made from the fibrous plant.

Are there farmers growing industrial hemp in these states that now allow marijuana to be grown and harvested?

If so how is that working out, it would be be interesting to know.

It's a messed up deal, you'll have to do some research to find out the particulars, but yes, some Hemp is grown in the U.S., I've read of some grown legally in Kentucky for companies in Colorado, as the Kentucky area has prime growing conditions for genus Cannabis. Legal Hemp farms around the U.S. are growing low THC hemp from "Gov't approved" seeds imported from Europe and elsewhere. Who does the approving, I don't know...

There's a pissing contest going on in the Gov't right now. The [b][color:#3333FF]2014 Farm Bill,[/color][/b] which was signed into law, states that Hemp products with 0.3% THC by weight are legal to possess, use and ship in the U.S.

In Dec, 2016, the DEA reclassified [b][color:#3333FF]all Genus Cannabis[/color][/b] products as Schedule 1 drugs, not just Marijuana. Anything that is derived from Genus Cannabis, MJ and Hemp, is a Schedule 1 now.

So the Law says one thing, the DEA says another. The DEA will have to be slapped around in court, as it has been before on the issue of hemp.