Aces,

to answer your question... yeah, I haven't worked Harborview but I've been to that Hospital numerous times... I know exactly what you speak of.. I worked at the University Hospital when I worked in Seattle...

years in Medical Sales, I've been to most hospitals in the Upper Midwest, and they are no different in varying degrees...

As far as me personally... I don't drink alcohol much and really haven't since about 1980 or so... saw too many drunks...

I've never used drugs, never saw a reason, but have been around plenty of reasons not to even start if I had any interest in it..

I've also never ever had a cigarette in my mouth.. saw no reason for that either...but I've been around a lot of people who have died of lung cancer, which would cure any interest I might have ever had...

saw what smoking does to a lung at a demonstration at the Royal Science Museum in London England when I was 12 years old, that there cured me of that....

I don't have issues with those that drink alcohol, probably because of the generation I grew up in... I don't have issues with folks who get stoned once in a while... what I have issues with is the abusers... we have plenty of them in this county...

Alcohol abusers, no difference of opinion of those folks either...have been on an ambulance crew more than once at Car accidents caused by drunks.. always seems they survive just fine, but kill other innocent people who just happened to cross paths with them.... have several family members who have lost their lives to drunk drivers over my lifetime...

Life experiences and experiences I've witnessed working in the medical field since 1976, has formed many of my opinions...seen too much damage to society.. not only to themselves but others...

Seem too much crime caused with the major motivation of lazy unemployed people ( normally their lifestyle choice)... wore out any patience I might of ever had with it...

its a problem here due to the volume of it we have....

some counties in Oregon have banned growing dope in their county, after the state legalized it... just wish our county was one of them...

city of G.P. here bans the sale and distribution of it within city limits, but that is about the only obstacle locally...

county commissioners want the financial revenue it brings into the county...and look the other way on the social problems that come with it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez