Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Seafire
...no cops...
guess Fireball and I either aren't explaining the problem right...

No Law Enforcement available...its a lot safer for the criminals here, with no Law Enforcement...no cops, they will pass a levy to have a police force once again.. and a staffed jail and a county attorney's office with a budget to prosecute these clowns...

Sf--there is a common thread that runs through your posts. The reason you think you're not explaining the problem right is that you believe you have a pot problem when, in actuality, you have an (lack of) LE problem.

PAL,

That is my exact point.....Lack of LEOs....

and what that has done, is attract the darker side of the world of drugs to our local area...

and as Jeffrey and several other campfire members, speak of knowing zillions of hard working Harvard PhDs ( sarcasm there) who smoke dope... they are not the ones that we get migrating to Josephine County Oregon...

We get the lazy ones, ones with ZERO work ethic, counter society in general... and the ones that are causing the local problems for those of us that live here.... dope is their gateway drug...

these people don't show up just to get high legally....they use Meth and Heroine heavily....people are getting killed all over the place... on top of the theft, the break ins etc...

Life doesn't have to have this kind of turmoil in it...

I don't care where anyone lives that loves to smoke the stuff... you do it at home, enjoy yourself....but our county is saturated with the stuff and the people who grow it...

but as I have said, legalizing dope brought a whole bunch of people here, that otherwise wouldn't be here... and a large number of shady characters and all they represent...

When it is legalized elsewhere then they will be gone back home to Momma... and a big part of this problem will leave with them...

and as Jeffrey paints a picture that this area is so different than where he lives.. I travel north of here for for business all the time...its no different...

its just more prevalent as there are just fewer people here, so it stands out more and is harder to miss.....

but I'd like to see how any other guy here would feel about a community that in a short time, your wife can't even go to the store, where you don't have to worry about her safety...

but hey, Fireball and I are wrong about this because we don't smoke the stuff I guess is the popular consensus on the campfire....

but besides the general public getting harassed with the crime etc...a lot of these clowns are killing each other over turf wars...or just general disagreements.

any of these problems was pretty minor locally until dope was legalized.....and the world imported a bunch of these dinks to our town and county to magnify the problem.. its not like they were upstanding citizens before they came here...

but yeah..the problem lies within

1. Lack of cops here
2. Legalization of dope
3. increase of the number of people who use meth, heroine and lord knows what else
4. increase in transients flocking here as I 5 runs right thru here...

pretty much in that order... and number 3 and 4 wouldn't be here if it wasn't for number 2... and number 2 wouldn't be here it it wasn't for item number one...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez