Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by rost495
I'm amazed that we have gone so far down the tubes here in the USA that things like legalizing drugs even comes up as a bill much less a vote.

Careful the pot advocates will chew your head off.

Careful, self-described conservatives will advocate for more federal, state and local government because you're doing something the self-described conservatives don't agree with.

Can replace "self-described conservatives" with "bible thumpers" and get the same result.

No dig at you personally, FB. But it's applicable.

I really don't care if people want to do heroin on their own time. Or pot. To the extent if affects others negatively is not cool. I don't have the answer for the balance between "I'll do what I want on my own time and property if it isn't hurting anyone directly" and "We should kill anyone who thinks about doing drugs but I need another whiskey."

I'm kind of with Steelhead- let Darwinism sort it out. However, it is sorting itself out on the streets of Seattle and other places, in public, in a bad way (specifically derailing and talking about heroin/hard drugs here vs. the thread topic of pot but it's I guess equally applicable in some minds).

Is the answer to give the addicts some super pure stuff and let Darwin sort it out? Maybe. But I don't advocate giving monkeys loaded guns either.

Then again, by and large, we don't have potheads (and I'm referencing people who only smoke pot and don't use other drugs) homeless on the streets causing all sorts of crime leaving needles everywhere.

I don't have all the answers. I know for a fact that giving these people "safe injection sites" ain't going to solve anything unless you use it as bait and arrest the fockers.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"