Originally Posted by Fireball2
Yeah, pot smoking is great until it isn't, then you'll want something done, or you'll fire them.

Just yesterday a 15 year old kid got run over and killed by a drug addict here in my small town. I guess since it's just one person and a very small percentage of the overall number of people, his parents should be ok with it since the drug addict has rights to his personal freedoms.
Absolutely not. What part of anyone's argument leads you to believe that or post it except as a straw man to be knocked down?

IF this person was high on pot at the time then they should be prosecuted the same as someone under the affects of alcohol or someone distracted by texting for that matter.

Freedom carries with it the express condition of responsibility.

I have a gun. It is my freedom to own it. However, if I randomly fire it in a populated area and hurt or kill someone I would fully expect to have my freedom abrogated due to my complete irresponsibility toward my fellow citizens.

I have a car. It is my freedom to drive it at lethal speeds (30 mph is a lethal speed to a pedestrian) on public highways but it is my express responsibility to do so in a safe manner. If I am impaired in its use by alcohol, pot or even legally prescribed medication it is my responsibility to not drive that vehicle or face penalties for my irresponsibility.

We get it. You hate pot and anyone who smokes pot. That is your right to believe that. You can hate .270's and those who own one as well if you want, that's your right. But please quit trying to come up with examples to prove pot is the one and only pernicious substance or behavior in our society, that only degrades by association any plausible arguments you might have.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!