Originally Posted by milespatton
Some can handle smoking weed, most can not. I worked a lot men in my life and most of the weed smokers needed fired the first day. I did not have that option. Hard to document enough to get them fired where I worked, but most transferred after a while. They did not seem to like me very much. I did have a couple that could smoke after work hours and come to work the next day and do a good job, but they were in the minority. The others were lazy and usually trying to sneak a smoke in during work hours. You could smell them after a bathroom break, and their actions were screwed up too. I don't think it is a good idea to legalize recreational weed without an easy way to test for being stoned during the work hour. If legal, nighttime use would show up, unless company policy had a no tolerance at any time. Would make it harder to enforce and I figure in time the policy would change leaving stoned workers building things and getting hurt on the job. miles

I don't know exactly how you would test it except that you can tell when someone is stoned just like you can tell when they are drunk. Both need to be treated the same in the work place as well as driving and such.