Welcome to the campfire.

It's probably Will.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that there seems to be an awful lot of drama queens in OR?

Not just you. And fixt.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by 44mc
glad to no i willnot go their

That's one hell of a first post.

Welcome to the campfire.

Obvious Mohick sock puppet.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by centershot
Should have told him to ditch the 300 Win Mag also. Probably not the perfect rifle for a guy that shoots a hand full of shots per year.........

Well the fact he bought it the day before the NC deer season started was enough. Yeah it for sure is not a beginners or part time shooters gun

I have a better story. Several years ago on the afternoon before the deer opener I stopped at a gun shop for some cleaning supplies. I had to wait to check since the only clerk was assisting a couple of professional types help an Asian buddy pick out a deer rifle. They chose for him a Weatherby MK 5 in .300 Wby and a $40 Bushnell Sportview scope which the shop bore sighted for him. He was going to be in the woods the next morning with a rifle that had not been zeroed. He was also a short, slender fellow, so I think he got a real surprise when he fired the first shot.

Yeah, was shopping at Walter Craigs in Selma(no longer open) and lo and behold there was a Accumark 30-378 being readied with what appeared to be a 56MM Swaro scope of some flavor for a customer. The Clerk was bore sighting it for this gentleman, he was scheduled for a hunt at one of the nearby lodges the very next day. I wonder how that worked out for him?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Now, now, kingston be nice. laugh crazy grin

I said, "Welcome to the campfire."

LOL.

I centsed a reel hardfelled oara of comradarie and warmth in this post. Isle be dammed if I've ever seen such a spectacular 1st post.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
did you mean commaraduhhrie?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, exactly!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that there seems to be an awful lot of drama in OR?

It ain't just you. I can't imagine having the desire, nor time, to call a manufacturer every time I ran into an idiot.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that there seems to be an awful lot of drama in OR?

It ain't just you. I can't imagine having the desire, nor time, to call a manufacturer every time I ran into an idiot.

+1

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, but who ya gonna call when you run into Seafire?

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Apparently a certain Oregon poster even has problems opening a box of Nosler bullets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

+1

Yea but you gotta admit....between the ass shooters, Sportsman Whorehouse, Bi Mart, and Potlanders in general it's pretty dammed amusing....drama filled but amusing.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I had almost the exact thing happen a few years ago at the SW in Thornton. I was checking out a NF NSX and the employee behind the counter literally sprinted over to me as I was adjusting the turrets. Visibly upset about what I was doing, he managed to stammer our some almost incoherent words about how I was "ruining the zero" and "breaking" the scope. My buddy and I sat there for the first few moments trying to decipher what he was talking about. Sadly, I've had dumber stuff than that go down a SW.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Welcome to the campfire.

laugh

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You should probably stay at home. You have more "issues" and drama at department stores than anyone I've ever heard of.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
.. In Klamath Falls Oregon...

Stopped by the S.W. there in K Falls, when I was passing thru last week.

They had a Vortex 2 x 7 x 35 Diamondback for $129, and with my military discount, $123.00.

I was being waited on by some guy about 40, who had been showing a handgun to someone before me.
Said he was the only person at the gun counter at the time.

I was looking at the windage and elevation adjustments, and then rear focus ring adjusting it to be able to
have it where it was focused for my eye sight.

Finally he grabs it out of my hands, and yells at me to quit playing with the adjustments...
I was going to end up adjusting it enough that I was going to let the nitrogen out of the scope, that the factory puts
in there so it won't fog up. And he wasn't about to pay for a scope because I screwed it up and let the nitrogen out of it.

I ask him who taught him about scopes? His dad....

I maintain my composure, and ask him how do you set the elevation knob back to zero, once you zero the scope..

He tells me you can't.... he always zeros his scope at 100 yds and calls it good.. any good hunter does the same thing.

Oh and I had the windage and elevation knobs wrong...windage is on the left and elevation is on top...

Tells me I must not know much about scopes...

Since I wasn't getting any answers from him, I went out to my truck and called Vortex...

As we went over my experience, he told me I must have been fortunate enough to meet the stupidest SW employee in the country.. I had to agree.

after the call, I went back in the store and told him I was going to buy one... He hands me the demonstrator, telling me to take that one as I might have screwed it up... I told him NO, I want a new one in the box...He was real pissed, but told me he wasn't going to pay for the one that I had "screwed up"..

so he goes back in the back and makes a big production out of finding one...

I put my hand out to take the box and he pulls it to his chest and tells me he'll lead me up to the cash register.

Then as he hands the scope to the sales manager that happened to be by the register, he tells him that I probably screwed up their demonstrator.

They ring it up and I tell the manager that they need to move that guy to something like Hiking Shoes, instead of being back there playing with rifles, handguns and scopes.... where he isn't going to end up getting someone hurt.

This clown wasn't even Walmart "Quality".... for anyone that might go into the K Falls SW... this yoyo's name was Will.

and he has MY vote for SW's Stupidest Employee nationwide.

You spent more time on that post than I have with friends contemplating suicide.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Apparently a certain Oregon poster even has problems opening a box of Nosler bullets.

You build a thousand bridges...

LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You spent more time on that post than I have with friends contemplating suicide.

I can't help but wonder how that worked out.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Seafire.... Send your exact post to amachadosportsmanswarehouse.com. Explain how the hunting sales associate was a jerk to you and then treated you poorly later on in front of his sales manager. You will get a response and I betcha won't see the man of little brains again or if you do he will be singing a new song.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I can't help but wonder how that worked out.

I guess the word contemplating f*cked you up.

Congrats?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (007FJ, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,916
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.