Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB4

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Simmah dah nah, Mr Gus

The OP was made as a joke.

....and While I dont know for sure, it may be that the small burrowing, hibernating mammals were already coexisting with the Dino's, and thats why they survived.

Its suggested Only 75% of creatures died from the meteor impact. That left 25% to carry on, just none of the larger land based reptiles.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
oh, i agree on every point. nothing adverse here according to my understanding. (and i have little).

anyways, the space aliens were experimenting to find an improved solution to life on Urth (maybe?). so the dinosaurs had a run. then change came to the system. a shift, if you will? so, the mammals adapted to the change, the dinosaurs not so much, but a little.

so, what next? anyone know for sure? lol.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They didn't have personal cell phones!

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Because the 458 Winchester was developed.

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was actually due to climate change, likely because of that meteor strike, and the dinosaurs had no system where they could tax carbon and give carbon credits and create wealth for themselves due to climate change.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
one prevailing theory is that the space aliens having perfected the dinosaurs saw that the experiment was a successful
oucome. but there were no end game, or caps to the open-ended expansion. they visualized a better solution, that is warm-blooded mammals, even though the dinosaurs had been ultra-successful up to that point in time.

they decided to pull the plug, and re-envision the future of the Urth, for the betterment of All. the dinosaurs could further contribute by converting bionics into oil, coal & natural gas to further assist the establishment of the mammals.

now it's beginning to appear that the mammals might be successful after all.
One has to admit that the big and small lizards were an extremely successful set of animals, lasting some 165,000,000 years give a take a few millenia.

Mammals with a general organization of four appendages for mobility and a protected neural/sensor center are getting along famously with lots of different variations but one in particular, the bipedal monkey with a big brain, has only been tried for a very short time and long term success is still very much in doubt.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
They didn't have Uber back then.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
They didn't go extinct. Today we call them birds. Most dinosaur species went extinct, though, by the end of the Cretaceous. No one is sure why, but likely had a lot to do with whatever celestial object made the Yucatan Crater.

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
They didn't go extinct. Today we call them birds. Most dinosaur species went extinct, though, by the end of the Cretaceous. No one is sure why, but likely had a lot to do with whatever celestial object made the Yucatan Crater.

Wrong.

You need to catch up from the Enlightenment, Hutton, Lyle, and Darwin. You are a Christian and teaching right?

The dinosaurs became extinct after The Flood and world wide environmental changes including the ensuing ice ages.

You have a lot of reading and catching up to do. Don't preach this like its fact. I gave you credit for more....perhaps wrongly.

The flood, thanks for today's laugh

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe 'cause T-Rex couldn't do a push up the LORD Almighty smote the life right outta them.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RS308MX
They had large scale problems from the gecko. grin

The two theories are asteroid outbreak and/or an increase in volcanic activity. Debri in the sky reflected sunlight back into space thus decreasing the Earth's temperature and decreasing the amount of photosynthesis. But that action some 60M years ago turned dead plants and animals into --------FOSSIL FUELS! Yes dead flora and fauna was RECYCLED into the energy needed to sustain modern civilization.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WillARights

Somebody mentioned it before, but the latest accepted theory among the "educated" is a M-A-S-S-I-V-E Volcanic event in the wilds of Russia,
released enough lava to cover the entire United States in many many feet,...

Bible tells that when God is angry, he starts volcanoes,
what T-rex and his cousins did to upset him, I don't know.

anyway like father like son, Jesus cursed a tree when it wouldnt bear fruit for him out of season.
must have been all out of miracles.

"For a fire is kindled in My anger, and shall burn to the lowest hell; it shall consume the earth with her increase,
and set on fire the foundations of the mountains ” .
- Deuteronomy 32:21-22

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Another way of looking at it is dinosaurs and other organisms that went extinct did so because they could not adapt to the new climate they found themselves in.
If you can't adapt, you don't live.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by viking
Sure wasn't account of the 270 gaychester.

Wrong. The last herd of dinosaurs were gone within 5 years after the .270 came on the market.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I'm pretty sure they were all killed by Alley Oop.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by Gus
one prevailing theory is that the space aliens having perfected the dinosaurs saw that the experiment was a successful
oucome. but there were no end game, or caps to the open-ended expansion. they visualized a better solution, that is warm-blooded mammals, even though the dinosaurs had been ultra-successful up to that point in time.

they decided to pull the plug, and re-envision the future of the Urth, for the betterment of All. the dinosaurs could further contribute by converting bionics into oil, coal & natural gas to further assist the establishment of the mammals.

now it's beginning to appear that the mammals might be successful after all.
One has to admit that the big and small lizards were an extremely successful set of animals, lasting some 165,000,000 years give a take a few millenia.

Mammals with a general organization of four appendages for mobility and a protected neural/sensor center are getting along famously with lots of different variations but one in particular, the bipedal monkey with a big brain, has only been tried for a very short time and long term success is still very much in doubt.

the naked ape has been unbelievably successful. who would have guessed? it looks like the naked ape is going for the gold.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I think the y committed suicide because of the Cabela's pop-up.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by victoro
I'm pretty sure they were all killed by Alley Oop.

Out on the west side of Iraan Texas on old US 190!!!!

Kilt ever one of em he did!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,186 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,931
Posts18,479,931
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.