Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Ironically, I don't think that matador would want anyone's sympathy.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Roger,
watching animals do what they are bred to do, wild or captive, has a special part in some folk's psyches I think. Watching our whippets or a 'yote or films of wolves hunting as dogs do is something I really enjoy. As I do with watching the cock quail and pheasants in my yard in the spring. They are territorial and will fight in a similar manner to "gamecocks". Bloody sport that cock fighting, not one I'd participate in, unless perhaps they left off the blades. Still not sure how I feel about others doing it, but our "society" seems to think it out of bounds at the present time.

GunDoc7,
thanks for the synopsis. Exactly what we used to see on TV from Tijuana in the 60's, the whole show, not just the capework and killing. Many, if not most, folks in the non bullfighting countries have no idea.

muffin,
I'll chime in regarding fishing (not trapping, no experience there). As a professional in the fish world it pains me to watch fishing programs of the River Monsters and sportsfishing types. If you're not going to retain the fish for the table, get the damn thing back underwater! Don't be holding it, admiring it and describing your prowess as the great fisherman you undoubtedly are, the friggen thing is suffocating. Having it out of the water for more than minimally necessary, while not torture, does produce stress and associated hormones (cortisol etc) that make it difficult for the fish to recover. You can tell us about what you caught it on, endorse your sponsors' products, wax poetic about the beauty of the scenery and the fish, blah blah blah, but have some concern for the fish you are supposedly wishing to live to fight another day. They don't belong out in the air. If you are going to retain it, kill the dang thing quickly and get it on ice or bled/cleaned and cooled down somehow. Kinda like game meat. wink

Now, what other topic can we come up with that will sharply divide the campfire population? Poppies are prettier than Peonies?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ethics debates rarely solve anything here or otherwise.

There are no winners.

Just opinions.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I must admit that when I accidentally ended up with three chick roosters (cockerels), I got a kick out of watching them squaring off to each other and going at it as they grew up. I eventually got rid of them only because I already had a rooster and didn't need three trouble makers in the flock, and that's what you get when you have more than one rooster. But till then, it was entertaining watching them going at it with each other. Of course, I never took it to the next step of attaching razors to their spurs, so none of them were actually harmed in the matches. None of them had yet to even develop spurs, in fact. But it's deep in their natures to fight each other.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Que VIVA Espana!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Que VIVA Espana!

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Falange emblem! yeah! Down w the commies!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's a reason the Muslims aren't invading Spain at present

The Arab population of Spain is currently around 2 million, or 4% of the population, by proportion not too far off that of England (5%). Why there ain't more I'd look first off the depth of the pockets of the Spanish welfare state vs. the rest of Europe.

Sadly, the fertility rate among ethnic Spaniards in Spain is down around 1.3; they are committing demographic suicide about as fast as anybody in the world.

A shame, because Spanish women are among the most drop-dead gorgeous on the planet. But their women are no longer much on the marriage and family thing. Along those lines Miss Spain of 2008 and 2013 (same woman) was about the first major beauty queen to announce she was a lesbian.

Sad times we live in.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Shyt... most spanish are of muslim linage anyways, fugging country was occupied by sand niqqers for almost 4 centuries , and im pretty sure 4 centuries of hajis laying pipe got enough traits in their gene pool over that amount of time... hajis and julios look pretty damm similar male and female alike.

Last edited by renegade50; 06/18/17.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Blood sport is blood sport, some get it, some don’t. You may think because you can slowly and silently stock game with a bow that you are somehow superior to others. Reminds me of someone else stalking through the woods.

[Linked Image]

There are many ways to kill animals. There are many ways to hunt animals. I may not care to partake in some of those methods, but I’m not going to judge others who hunt animals differently than I do.

I have a heck of a lot more respect for someone that gets in the ring with a dangerous animal armed with only sword than some Fudd anonymously sitting behind a computer spouting off about moral indignation. The difference between a man and what in these days we seem to refer to as gender confused.

Very well said.

Yep

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Falange emblem! yeah! Down w the commies!

Those items were given to me by my father-in-law who fought with El Caudillo against the commies.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by tommyd53
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Reports say that the Bull's left horn penetrated the Matador's anus and was buried up to the skull. The undertaker is reportedly unable to remove the smile from the deceased's face.

Really?
What a totally unclassy thing to say...

GMAFB. Are you serious? Do you know what they do to these animals prior to the "Dance"? Obviously, you don't. The deck is stacked heavily against the animal. Fortunately, most always, the meat is consumed at the end. "Bull Fighter" isn't quite an accurate description of a Matador. Piercing the heart of the bull, through the shoulder blades, after an extended blood letting, and weakening of the animal, is the goal. No doubt there is still a lot of danger in what they do. But I don't feel a damn bit sorry for one that the animal gets the best of, before it is destroyed.

Your an idiot

But....but.......but.............not so much of an idiot that I can't master basic, elementary school grammar. Keep trying though, sport, it'll come to you sooner or later. YOUR welcome.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Reports say that the Bull's left horn penetrated the Matador's anus and was buried up to the skull. The undertaker is reportedly unable to remove the smile from the deceased's face.

Really?
What a totally unclassy thing to say...

GMAFB. Are you serious? Do you know what they do to these animals prior to the "Dance"? Obviously, you don't. The deck is stacked heavily against the animal. Fortunately, most always, the meat is consumed at the end. "Bull Fighter" isn't quite an accurate description of a Matador. Piercing the heart of the bull, through the shoulder blades, after an extended blood letting, and weakening of the animal, is the goal. No doubt there is still a lot of danger in what they do. But I don't feel a damn bit sorry for one that the animal gets the best of, before it is destroyed.

Your an idiot

But....but.......but.............not so much of an idiot that I can't master basic, elementary school grammar. Keep trying though, sport, it'll come to you sooner or later. YOUR welcome.

You're even more of an idiot than I first thought. Not to mention a dip sh.t.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Look how much you've improved with one, short lesson.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by stxhunter
haven't been in yrs but enjoy watching the cock fights as well... chicken fights for the pervs.

Great sport...a measure of how far we've fallen as a society that it's outlawed in all 50 states now...insane.

A gamecock spends two years of his life getting the best of food, care, conditioning....after that he fights. If he's good, he lasts eight or ten fights and gets put out to stud for the rest of his days. If not, it's over pretty fast.

A meat chicken lives six months or so...kept in crowded conditions, sometimes in the dark....given hormones and antibiotics to the point most of his plumage falls off...killed by electrical shock and off to your friendly local supermarket or fat food joint.

I'd sooner live the life of a gamecock. Freaking world's become a weird place.

Mathew 22: 37-39

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I can't say I understand the bullfighting part of Spanish culture. I was fortunate to spend some time in Spain during my USMC career though. One trip was a joint field exercise out in the countryside, and the other was downtown Madrid for two weeks.

The Madrid trip was where I saw more of the people and culture. I liked it. Downtown Madrid is a real walking city, and people are out way into the night eating, drinking, socializing. It was pretty nice.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hablas verdad !
And with that, it is once again time .......

asi' es.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Excellent post. Thanks.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,061
Posts18,482,433
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.