Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I believe he has a pride issue and that gets in the way.

What man doesn't have a pride problem?

A.S. is no fool.

A.S. is like many people, He has a problem with hypocritical Christian types, which when some reach that point they have very little tolerance for any Christian types.

I was like him in my younger years, Thank God for a man named Vernon Mitchell, he knew how to bring a man to God and did it with gusto!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag

A.S. is no fool.

A.S. is like many people, He has a problem with hypocritical Christian types, which when some reach that point they have very little tolerance for any Christian types.

I was like him in my younger years, Thank God for a man named Vernon Mitchell, he knew how to bring a man to God and did it with gusto!

Nope, he's a fool.

Psalm 14English Standard Version (ESV)

The Fool Says, There Is No God

14 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”
They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds;
there is none who does good.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
This, and Amen. You took those words from Gods mouth, JG, as we are intended to.

PS, ive been on the road most the day or I would have stuck it too. ;

Its amazing, AS has an.answer for everything.

HE has The Answer for everything. HE IS THE ANSWER.

Get thee behind me Satan.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/23/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know, Jesus used the Phariseessed own teachings to show them that they were not following them, so maybe it's acceptable for me to point to Paul's teachings for those who accept his words as "God breathed":

When he claimed that scripture was useful for "reproof"(among other uses, of course) there is no doubt that he was writing about church members.

When y'all post bible verses condemning non believers, like A S, it can serve no purpose other than to elevate you above your brethren.

When Paul was evangelizing among the heathen gentiles, do you think he used O T scripture, or do you think he brought them a new message?

If you go back and read Clark's O P in this thread about how modern churches have deteriorated I think you will find that this "campfire church" stands accused of the same behavior.

This post is not aimed not only at my friend, Jag, but to all you scripture throwers.

Last edited by curdog4570; 07/24/17.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by curdog4570
You know, Jesus used the Phariseessed own teachings to show them that they were not following them, so maybe it's acceptable for me to point to Paul's teachings for those who accept his words as "God breathed":

When he claimed that scripture was useful for "reproof"(among other uses, of course) there is no doubt that he was writing about church members.

When y'all post bible verses condemning non believers, like A S, it can serve no purpose other than to elevate you above your brethren.

This post is not aimed not only at my friend, Jag, but to all you scripture throwers.

I will respectfully disagree, to a point. I post scripture because it is, IMHO inarguable, and is the ultimate truth. It doesn't really matter what you think it's for, or what I think it's for. If it is the truth about subject, that answers or rebukes a falsehood, I'm going to post it. AS does not have good intentions here and never has in these types of threads. He's a professional arguer who likes hearing himself talk. That's it.

I have no problem with being labeled a "scripture thrower" eve if it makes some uncomfortable. Some of them make me uncomfortable too, and that's a good thing.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see no difference between Proteastants who consider the Bible to be without error and Roman Catholics who consider the Pope infallible.

In both cases the Risen Christ is sidelined as if He is incapable of communicating with His followers in whichever manner He chooses.

A man can receive Divine inspiration from anything he can apprehend with his five senses even though the inspiration may be transmitted by a sixth sense.

I had a Church of Christ neighbor who assured me that if I recieved inspiration from any source other than scripture that I was being deceived by Satan.

I've been told that same thing many times on this forum.

I just grin and keep on going.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
JGRaider has the correct handle on sola scriptura.

curdog4570,

"I've been told that same thing many times on this forum.

I just grin and keep on being deceived."

Fixed it for you.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
as an aside to the main-stream debate that appears to be raging, i like the term "apprehend" in this usage as better than "comprehend." it's a more accurate depiction of the reality. ah, the sixth sense issue. what a concept. intuition is what i call it, others might prefer to call it something else.

curdog, i guess if some folks want and/or need to hear from god, they need to go look it up in an english language version of the bible, and not in the original greek and/or hebrew. and don't expect god to come pricking one's heart, because for most it ain't gonna happen.

is there some truth in the bible? of course there is. and is there another book of the bible? of course the native americans, or some of them will insist there is. It's called Nature. Nature is not god, it's a creation or product of god, just like the scriptures written in plain english.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

A.S. is no fool.

Nope, he's a fool.

And these are the reasons Christians drive people away from God. You should look up a few passages and see what Jesus says about that.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I haven't kept up with everything lately,but let me weigh in on a few points.

I do think AS is a professional arguer,but that's OK with me as he mostly seems to keep it civil even if I do find him offensive at times with his lack of respect for Christian views.To me,it's fine not to believe what another man believes,but I want to try to respect what I know he respects.

I think It's fine to sometimes use scripture but I would rather speak about the truths those scriptures outline. Way too many times well meaning people have used scripture to say the exact opposite to what it actually says when interpreted correctly. I have a high regard for scripture but I don't think it is always the best proof of an argument.

I think curdog is about half right in his approach to listening to The Spirit. I think he would be much better served to add scripture to the listening.The listening will actually reveal what the scripture is actually saying,so you don't become a legalistic Pharisee who can quote every scripture but have no real idea of the heart of God.

Personally,I try to listen to God and have a relationship with him. I also study scripture. I have never found a conflict between the two. I have at times had a conflict of my understanding where i thought scripture was saying something that just didn't sit right in my heart. Whenever that has happened,I have been able to look more closely at the scripture context and original languages and come to an understanding that I believe to be correct both by my heart,and by the fact that my new revelation of that scripture was in agreement with the whole of scripture.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 07/24/17.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

A.S. is no fool.

Nope, he's a fool.

And these are the reasons Christians drive people away from God. You should look up a few passages and see what Jesus says about that.

I never apologize for quoting the truths of scripture. If it offends you (or me) then maybe we need offending to get our attention.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

A.S. is no fool.

Nope, he's a fool.

You are dreaming. Christians are driving anyone anywhere. The people you are talking about make a conscience or unconsciousness decision every day to reject God.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

A.S. is no fool.

Nope, he's a fool.

You are dreaming. Christians are driving anyone anywhere. The people you are talking about make a conscience or unconsciousness decision every day to reject God.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I do think AS is a professional arguer,but that's OK with me as he mostly seems to keep it civil even if I do find him offensive at times with his lack of respect for Christian views.To me,it's fine not to believe what another man believes,but I want to try to respect what I know he respects.

I think It's fine to sometimes use scripture but I would rather speak about the truths those scriptures outline. Way too many times well meaning people have used scripture to say the exact opposite to what it actually says when interpreted correctly. I have a high regard for scripture but I don't think it is always the best proof of an argument.

I think curdog is about half right in his approach to listening to The Spirit. I think he would be much better served to add scripture to the listening.The listening will actually reveal what the scripture is actually saying,so you don't become a legalistic Pharisee who can quote every scripture but have no real idea of the heart of God.

Personally,I try to listen to God and have a relationship with him. I also study scripture. I have never found a conflict between the two. I have at times had a conflict of my understanding where i thought scripture was saying something that just didn't sit right in my heart. Whenever that has happened,I have been able to look more closely at the scripture context and original languages and come to an understanding that I believe to be correct both by my heart,and by the fact that my new revelation of that scripture was in agreement with the whole of scripture.

You need to get over yourself and accept God's Word as THE Final Authority! There is slight difference in you and curdog4570. Jesus was a Presuppositionalist.
Apostle Paul was a Presuppositionalist. Apostle Paul wrote, "Follow me I follow Christ."

Everyday Hunter
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
once again, and with feeling, we find ourselves entrenched in our respective positions. not to be moved, not even by half or even all the debils in hell. we're locked in to our beliefs. clearly we are. just look at us.

one of the things (of many) that divides Christians, various spiritualists, and others is the concept of God. so many believe he's an outsized human, like a human in features. he's giant sized over and above us. he roams the heavens, striding across his domain checking in as necessary.

others sense that God is more a force, a anomalous spirit, an energy, not necessarily a tall, handsome blue-eyed blonde God that looks like our grandson. they see God emanating across the universe, into anything and everything he wishes. he's in us, he's in the next guy,. he's in the environment. a different view than a human-like God.

i dunno. the physicists say that all the atoms, later to become molecules as building blocks for the largest cities, and the humans, lions & tigers are emerged from nothingness into form. nothing into something, what a concept, and yet the God force is everywhere at once.

lot's of talk by the true believers that flow past each other. i know it does me on occasion.

but at least we can hold on tightly to our beliefs. we can do that.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ringman

A.S. is no fool.

Nope, he's a fool.

Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

You need to get over yourself and accept God's Word as THE Final Authority! There is slight difference in you and curdog4570. Jesus was a Presuppositionalist.
Apostle Paul was a Presuppositionalist. Apostle Paul wrote, "Follow me I follow Christ."

If you are speaking to me,I have no idea why you would think that I don't think God has the final word.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ringman is at home taking a different view from what nobody else actually posted.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R_H_Clark,

You posted,

I have a high regard for scripture but I don't think it is always the best proof of an argument.

Again, IT is the only proof of an argument for a Christian!

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
R_H_Clark,

You posted,

I have a high regard for scripture but I don't think it is always the best proof of an argument.

Again, IT is the only proof of an argument for a Christian!

I think you missed the point. It's not proof at all if neither of us can agree on what it actually says.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clark, maybe you've missed the several posts I've made over the years, and once on this thread, that every view I hold about Christianity is supported by the New Testament in its various versions. I mention a lot of things found in the Bible and I couldn't very well do that if I haven't devoted a good bit of time with it.

Apparently a man must quote chapter and verse or be counted a heathen on this forum. Please understand that I'm not taking offense to your post since I agree with the gist of it, I just want to clear up a slight misunderstanding you have where I'm concerned.

John said:" God is love." Now.... is that only true because John wrote it and it made the cut when the Bible was assembled in the fourth century? Or, would it be just as true if John never wrote it but a guy sitting on the next bar stool said it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JGRaider has the correct handle on sola scriptura.

curdog4570,

"I've been told that same thing many times on this forum.

I just grin and keep on being deceived."

Fixed it for you.

So......you've added mind reading to your impressive list of talents, have you?

You are so easy to laugh at.

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (10gaugeman, 17Fan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,319
Posts18,487,362
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.