Hop To
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by battue

I have nothing against the free man thought. I do have a problem with it when it may hurts mine. Same with motorcycle helmets. Bang your brains out, makes no difference here. But cover your own health insurance to the point the public is never going to have to pay a penny for your care. Then ride free, die young and leave a beautiful body. Whatever.....

I feel the same way about anyone that uses tobacco, alcohol; other drugs or engages in high or even low-risk adventures. No one should expect anyone else to pay their freight.

Any anyone that is using tobacco or alcohol and gets on Jeff-O's case is a hypocrite.

Full disclosure: Back in the late 60's my younger brothers and I had a saying "Better living through chemistry." That included mushroms and cactus. I smoked weed for about 12 years and cigarettes longer. Gave it all up but still enjoy an occasional glass of wine with my dinner.

Never tried the cactus. You are a braver man than me. Have a couple pretty funny mushroom stories from back in the day. Far too old for any of that craziness now, and without the innocence of youth and with The End in sight it might be a pretty dark trip anyway. I'm a moderate alcohol drinker these days too though I certainly had my fun. I am a musician and played in numerous bands back in the day and then ran a pro recording studio for almost 20 years so I've seen it all. Weed ain't no thang.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Thanks much guys.

I was thinking he was pretty dinky, but at camp other hunters kept saying he was a pretty good buck. Who knew?!

Sammo, my plan for mounting it is as follows: hang the head from a tree way out in my woods and let Sasquatch and bugs clean it up this winter. What could go wrong <grin>?

Just about everything. A better way (among many) is to simply put the head in a trash bag for a few days to let the horns loosen. Cut around the base to help them separate from the hide if necessary but they should slide off after a few days.

In the meantime, skin and deflesh the head as much as possible. Remove eyes, ears, tongue, and every scrape of meat that you can. Then put it in a bucket of water, put a lid on it, and forget about it for 1-4 months. Removed and power wash at the local carwash. You can resoak with some detergent to remove any oils from the bone but usually not necessary. Just dry and slide the horns back on - you may need some paper towels to help the bone spurs grip the horns properly.

Simple.

Welp.

Touching base to say boy were Leroy & Jordan and others right, and boy was my "plan" wrong. smile

Looked out there with my binocs this morning and it'd ALREADY slipped the horn it was hanging from! D'oh. Went out and retrieved the stinky [bleep] and will proceed more or less according to Mr. Beans' suggestions. Thanks again guys.

Please put some Borax in the horns. They will stink less. Keep them out of the sun too. 20 Mule Team will work fine.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Any anyone that is using tobacco or alcohol and gets on Jeff-O's case is a hypocrite.

Bullsh**. If you read my posts, I said I don't have anything against alcohol, and if someone wants to smoke weed it's none of my business, and none of the federal government's business.

So I'm not getting on Jeff's case for any of that. I'm getting on his case for writing about it on a public hunting forum.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of my oldest and dearest friends from as far back as high school have been long term pot smokers. After long term use it definitely has affects on the users ability to reason and come to logical conclusions.

It is a syndrome I refer to as" being in their own head" they seem to have a hard time separating fiction from reality.
They buy into wild conspiracy theories. They believe they are smarter and more enlightened, trust me they are not!

I have NEVER seen a person become smarter after smoking, quite the opposite actually.

This may explain a few things around here?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Enjoy conversing with you because you generally make valid, succinct points and usually avoid getting overly personal. I'll give you a mulligan because clearly I upset you. But to MY point, what you are saying there clearly illustrates why, in my view, guys like me should be talking about this. If not me, who? If not here, where? If it's not talked about, then how do attitudes evolve and change? Do you not agree that attitudes should evolve and change? Why exactly am I supposed to be so ashamed of this? Why exactly do I have to stay in the closet so to speak? Because some people are idiots about it? To avoid hurting some precious lil feelers? crazy

Buck up, troopers, and to turn the rhetoric around just because it amuses me, stop being snowflakes about this with your trigger words and micro-aggressions. It's no better than the wacky-pronoun gender-confused kids these days pitching fits about "whatever". Get over your preciousness.

Jeff: You're talking about cannabis as if it's some new miracle drug/cure all that everyone needs to get behind. It's not. So quit acting like you're performing some kind of public service by "spreading the gospel" and "changing attitudes." It has well-documented deleterious effects especially on brains of sub-adults. Having said all that, If you or anyone else wants to partake, that's none of my business and I won't criticize you for it. I've already said that more than once.

It's not about that and you know it. Just the same as if you went pronghorn hunting with your boyfriend and had your own brokeback mountain moment. It's none of my business and I don't give a rat's ass until you write about it on a public forum. When you do that you're inviting people to comment whether you like it or not, that's what public forums are for. So shove your "snowflake" up your ass, you're the one who can't take any criticism without acting like you're on some f*cking noble mission to enlighten us all.

You remind me of the group of gay rights activists who like to shove their own values and lifestyles in other people's faces. They say they like to do it to change people's attitudes too. Personally I think they're just attention whores. I could give one whit what anyone does in private, just like most others who really could care less. But I don't care to see two guys making out on the subway train (same as a hetero couple) and I sure as he** don't want to read about it here.

And if someone were to post such a tale here, I'd comment on it. I hope that's OK with you. Snowflake.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

Bullsh**. If you read my posts, I said I don't have anything against alcohol, and if someone wants to smoke weed it's none of my business, and none of the federal government's business.

So I'm not getting on Jeff's case for any of that. I'm getting on his case for writing about it on a public hunting forum.

You are correct - I should have stated "... "gets on Jeff-O's case for using weed ...".

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Welp.

Touching base to say boy were Leroy & Jordan and others right, and boy was my "plan" wrong. smile
Looked out there with my binocs this morning and it'd ALREADY slipped the horn it was hanging from! D'oh. Went out and retrieved the stinky [bleep] and will proceed more or less according to Mr. Beans' suggestions. Thanks again guys.

Tell me where we've heard this 100 times here before:

"hey guys, I'm thinking about doing X"
8 pages and campfire consensus: "you need to do Y"
"hey guys, appreciate the advice but I'm going eschew the far more experienced and savvy here to do X"

#freethinking
#mywayisalwaysbetter
#stickingittotheman

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

You are correct - I should have stated "... "gets on Jeff-O's case for using weed ...".

Well, thanks. Maybe Jeff will read this and a light will go on.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
TOM is mistaken about pronghorn meat. It does NOT need aging like deer and elk.

Interesting. Thanks!!

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane

Welp.

Tell me where we've heard this 100 times here before:

"hey guys, I'm thinking about doing X"
8 pages and campfire consensus: "you need to do Y"
"hey guys, appreciate the advice but I'm going eschew the far more experienced and savvy here to do X"

#freethinking
#mywayisalwaysbetter
#stickingittotheman

You expect anything else from the "Panama Red" of the 24HC?

Perhaps proof one should stay away from the weed while hunting?

Last edited by battue; 08/20/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
A song for around the high country hunting campfire:

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Some of my oldest and dearest friends from as far back as high school have been long term pot smokers. After long term use it definitely has affects on the users ability to reason and come to logical conclusions.

It is a syndrome I refer to as" being in their own head" they seem to have a hard time separating fiction from reality.
They buy into wild conspiracy theories. They believe they are smarter and more enlightened, trust me they are not!

I have NEVER seen a person become smarter after smoking, quite the opposite actually.

This may explain a few things around here?

I too have some old friends that are long term stoners, and just like yours, my friends all have a similar "psychosis". A few current friends smoke weed regularly, but not heavily, as in not all day everyday, and they seem pretty well normal.

Kinda like the alcoholics I've known.

Jeff- the fact you didn't see that coming (your goat head falling out da tree), you may need to be more careful as not all start with an equal deck. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff: you have a right to your opinion, and a right to free speech. Everyone knows that.

But why do you feel the need to "stick it to the man, if not me, then who?"'...etc.

This is a hunting and shooting forum. Not a political forum. This is not the right medium for you to accomplish your goal of convincing the world you are right and others are wrong. Go find a political forum.

Most come to 24CF to discuss and exchange ideas on hunting and shooting. There's enough to argue about in that arena without baiting with political ideas that you know will not be accepted.

I used to feel you were being mistreated. But now your just asking for it, and apparently enjoy it. Go away...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by southtexas
This is a hunting and shooting forum. Not a political forum.

Did you really post this on 24HourCampfire? Not poltical? Bwah hah hah hah hah hah hah ... damn, you're FUNNY!!

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, thank you. Appreciate your attitude. Responses like that are why good folks are bailing out of this forum..

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
no, st, T_O_M is spot on. There are plenty of posts in this thread that ARE great examples of what you claim, but TOM's was not one of them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just read it all. 13 pages of a normal, long term pothead's drivel....it's like watching a retard tread water...and ignore the life ring.

Gets stellar advice from some very tolerant, patient folks.
Ignores advice and takes the easiest way out,
but assures all he learned a lot and will be much better next time......it never is smile

But hey, he played in a band once......

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Trying to decide in what order to take a piss, take a smoke and take a beer out of the fridge.

Wife is outta town, probably whack off later as well.

Wait a second now, what are we talking about?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Is it stupid to keep a zip or two in the gun safe?

All legit medical, shouldn't be any issues.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Not only smart, but recommended highly.

Zips are generally pint sized balls of laughter (for you) so keeping a couple in your safe is just good business.

Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,177 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,283
Posts18,505,128
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.