Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

Quote [
At the time of exposure.
A blood test also doesn't indicate how much lead is stored in your bones and soft tissues.]

With all this dribble,you an others can dance around all you want, but you still have not offered any proof that eating game killed with lead bullets is bad for your health.We are not talking about eating lead base paint., chewing lead ingots or any other probabilities. In fact,I don't recall any studies or proof concerning pregnant women and children being harmed by eating game killed with lead bullets. Let's stick to that. The original question was: Have you switched to copper bullets do to health concerns? A few answered Yes. The majority answered No. and gave compelling reason why they didn't.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The research has really just started, so no there isn't definative proof. I'd rather not take the chance given I'm feeding young kids. YMMV.
And for the record I really dislike mono metal bullets and far from a tree hugger.

Last edited by BWalker; 08/26/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have not switched but rather use both and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. When using lead core bullets the bloodshot meat goes to feed the scavenger critters.

I really like the Barnes TTSX and LRX but don't have loads for all my rifles for them and see little point in developing them when the leaded loads do so well. In one case (257 Roberts) I went from 100g TTSX to 110g AB, in others I have gone from leaded to TTSX and in still others I have stuck with whichever was developed first. And in some I shoot whichever grabs my fancy at the time.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Have not switched but rather use both and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. When using lead core bullets the bloodshot meat goes to feed the scavenger critters.

I really like the Barnes TTSX and LRX but don't have loads for all my rifles for them and see little point in developing them when the leaded loads do so well. In one case (257 Roberts) I went from 100g TTSX to 110g AB, in others I have gone from leaded to TTSX and in still others I have stuck with whichever was developed first. And in some I shoot whichever grabs my fancy at the time.

Which works best for gut shots? You should know.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by Ringman
[quote=BWalkerThat study tested blood levels, which is one indicator of exposure, but not of neurological damage that lead passing through your system causes.

I thought the same thing when I read it. Some chemists can't think outside their fields so they miss things.

Seems to me IF you know that there is little or no lead in the blood, then the possibility of neurological damage isn't very likely. It is like saying you don't have a bullet hole in your body, but you are still going to die from lead. Sorry, but there is not enough evidence or positive studies that show eating game killed with lead bullets causes lead poisoning in the human body. In fact based on past history and evidence of the use of lead bullets for a hundred years +, it clearly shows the opposite.

I keep thinking back when eggs were considered very bad for cholesterol. Caffeine was bad and caused cancer, red wine was bad for you. All those have been debunked. Think of all the prescription drugs doctors reccomend and yet the side effects are worse than what they are suppose to cure. We put things in our body everyday that are not the best choices,but they don't kill us. My father worked in coal mines for 25+ years and had Black Lung and suffered strokes.He lived to be 93.My sister who never smoked,didn't drink died of cancer when she was 44. My DIL has just finished radiation treatment for breast cancer, she is about as straight as a person could be.There is a hell of a lot of things that a person could be worrying about in their life Using lead bullets is way down on that scale

[/quote]

I thought your other comment about the blood lead level was just plain stupid, but i just didn't know what stupid was. This one is better.

Last edited by MILES58; 08/26/17.
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by MILES58

I thought your other comment about the blood lead level was just plain stupid, but i just didn't know what stupid was. This one is better.

You believing all the hype is what is really stupid. If you claim to be so smart. Show me the proof. 6 pages and no one has. So far all I read is your ignorant BS. The phrase of "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull crap" comes to mind reading your childish sophomoric post.
People like you are the ones that are complained about on this forum.
Take your crap for brains and go find a forum that you can belittle people on because you sure as heck don't add anything to these discussions.

Last edited by saddlesore; 08/26/17.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by specneeds
I switched to Barnes TTSX....

Has anyone made the change just based on avoiding lead in their meat?

I avoid lead in my meat by making one shot kills. whistle

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You believing all the hype is what is really stupid. If you claim to be so smart. Show me the proof. 6 pages and no one has. So far all I read is your ignorant BS. The phrase of "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull crap" comes to mind reading your childish sophomoric post.
Take your crap for brains and go find a forum that you can belittle people on because you sure as heck don't add anything to these discussions.

I am really sorry you are too fugging stupid to understand the difference between a diagnostic and the pathology of a disease. Hint... A thermometer i a diagnostic tool. A blood test is a diagnostic tool. A thermometer will tell you you temperature is elevated and with other information may tell you something about why.. An elevated blood level tell you nothing about the acuteness of the poisoning. It will not tell you if you are shedding lead or accumulating it. It will not tell you anything about your body burden of lead. It will not tell you anything useful about the damage donenor the location of the damage. Even an elevated lead level absent other information is not necessarily cause for action.

I will say this though, you run your mouth well for not having a damn clue. Go learn something about lead poisoning and come back and we can talk.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kingston

Presumably neurological damage requires threshold blood levels.

It might be time to move this thread to the optics forum.

Oh gawd no--it'll take on a whole new life...........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Partly because there's the danger of somebody bringing up the subject of lead in optical glass. Have heard from somebody that his cousin read a study claiming you have a good chance of going blind by looking through that stuff, especially at an eclipse of the sun.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I avoid lead in my meat by making one shot kills. whistle

I avoid lead by not letting my meat loaf.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The majority answered No. and gave compelling reason why they didn't.

Compelling? I don't think so. Just like the kid who ate lead based paint the effect were there. So all these folks who are defending eating lead shot meat are showing the effects with their posts.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Partly because there's the danger of somebody bringing up the subject of lead in optical glass. Have heard from somebody that his cousin read a study claiming you have a good chance of going blind by looking through that stuff, especially at an eclipse of the sun.

Wrong John!

You get retarded by read stupid bleep through leaded glass.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The average hunter has more of a chance of dying from "climate change" than lead in big game. And "climate change" is a hoax!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
The average hunter has more of a chance of dying from "climate change" than lead in big game. And "climate change" is a hoax!

Its not about being killed. It's about cognitively imparing your kids, wife, etc.

Last edited by BWalker; 08/27/17.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Guys used the same sort of arguments years ago about asbestos. We all know how that one turned out.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Guys raised concerns about eating egg yolks years ago. We all know how trat turned out.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have enough real bullets on hand that even when they quit making them, I'll have enough to last a lifetime.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

There is a lot that can go wrong before someone dies. Witness some of the posts here.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Out of curiosity, what is the toxicity level of copper or gilding metal in humans? Is it different in condors? After those who are successful in banning lead bullets 'for the health of our children' are successful I wonder if they will be inclined to find a new target.
I try not to ingest any more lead, copper (or other foreign substance) than necessary.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1Akshooter, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 57 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,803
Posts18,496,365
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.