-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yea, I don't know why he stopped promoting stones found under the Powder Point Bridge. Maybe Arkansas became a sponsor.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaleRider

What is that? Starfish?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston

What is that? Starfish?

If you zoom in it's the brown type.

Last edited by Steve; 09/02/17.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Valsdad

However, after reading through this I may have to spend $$$$ on deflaves "gizmo" and MM's knife as I'm hooked and addicted to this kinda crap!

Geno

I am too. Just got back from Sam's club where some southern chick did a demonstration for Hessler's Gourmet Series Plus stainless kitchen knives. Came home with the 19 piece set.
crazy

Rooster, Rooster, Rooster.

You must not have ever gone to Warehouse Club Giant Store Shopping 101. The First Rule of shopping there is:

Never ever stop at the demonstrations of kitchen appliances, air conditioners, vacuum cleaners, or kids swing sets.

It is permissible and even recommended that you "graze" on the food items they are offering you to taste. Change your shirt and wear sunglasses and go back a second time. Whoever said there is no such thing as a free lunch hasn't been to Costco/Sams on the right day!

Geno

PS, I'm betting they didn't have one of deflave's gizmos there to sharpen those fancy knives with.

PPS 19 piece set? How many of those can you use at one time? There oughta be a law! Knife control, to stop knife violence! I certainly hope none in that set were the deadly automatic knives. Were any black and have a pistol grip?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by kingston

What is that? Starfish?

If you zoom in it's the brown type.

Contextually, this just made sense.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

However, after reading through this I may have to spend $$$$ on deflaves "gizmo" and MM's knife as I'm hooked and addicted to this kinda crap!

Geno

I am too. Just got back from Sam's club where some southern chick did a demonstration for Hessler's Gourmet Series Plus stainless kitchen knives. Came home with the 19 piece set.
crazy

Rooster, Rooster, Rooster.

You must not have ever gone to Warehouse Club Giant Store Shopping 101. The First Rule of shopping there is:

Never ever stop at the demonstrations of kitchen appliances, air conditioners, vacuum cleaners, or kids swing sets.

It is permissible and even recommended that you "graze" on the food items they are offering you to taste. Change your shirt and wear sunglasses and go back a second time. Whoever said there is no such thing as a free lunch hasn't been to Costco/Sams on the right day!

Geno

PS, I'm betting they didn't have one of deflave's gizmos there to sharpen those fancy knives with.

PPS 19 piece set? How many of those can you use at one time? There oughta be a law! Knife control, to stop knife violence! I certainly hope none in that set were the deadly automatic knives. Were any black and have a pistol grip?

All stainless including the handle. We needed new knives so it worked but yeah I hear ya.

Just used one to fillet up a big pork loin into 1" chops for a shindig tomorrow. Injected and marinating in creole butter right now. Will hit the smoker tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited by Rooster7; 09/02/17.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just bought two based on Deflaves endorsment. They do exactly what I wanted ; a tool that gives you a sharp knife very quickly 5-6 strokes. One for home use and another will be in my pocket when dressing out deer. They are small , light very easy to carry and use. The edge I get with a stone and belt is just a little sharper but a lot more work.

Last edited by tack; 09/08/17.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by fester
Does it cut cheese well?

I sure do.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I got one, MFer works!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
I use a soft and a hard Arkansas stone. Then use a razor strop. Been using the same ones for 50 years on the same Buck knife. Never tried any of that new stuff.

I have worn out a bunch of knives over the last 50 plus years, including a couple Bucks.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I just got email notification that my Arkansas stone was delivered today. I want to use it to finish of the knives I sharpened with the Rada.

Will any old oil work on the stone or do you need a special oil?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I just got email notification that my Arkansas stone was delivered today. I want to use it to finish of the knives I sharpened with the Rada.

Will any old oil work on the stone or do you need a special oil?

It seems like those two methods would be incompatible?

Rada profile is concave: )(

Stone profile is flat: \/

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was just going by what others in this thread said they did after sharpening with the Rada.

I.e. Roger touched up his knife with the Arkansas stone and then cut his wife with it. lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use KROIL for everything from honing blades, triggers, and Chronarch fishing reels. Well not quite "everything."

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I wouldn't sharpen my hunting knife with it, but it's great for kitchen knives. Gave it to wifey, she won't bother me about steak knives or her kitchen cutlery. She thinks it's great.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I was just going by what others in this thread said they did after sharpening with the Rada.

I.e. Roger touched up his knife with the Arkansas stone and then cut his wife with it. lol

Any form of lubrication will work on an Arkansas stone. Depending on grit it may not even be necessary.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tack
I just bought two based on Deflaves endorsment. They do exactly what I wanted ; a tool that gives you a sharp knife very quickly 5-6 strokes. One for home use and another will be in my pocket when dressing out deer. They are small , light very easy to carry and use. The edge I get with a stone and belt is just a little sharper but a lot more work.

I am pleased to see the number of Campfire members that I have pleasured.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I got mine today. I wound up ordering 3 because the shipping on 1 was $6.00. They really work as everyone has said but they remove a lot of metal. 1 for the knife drawer, 1 for my hunting stuff and another because I grew up in the 70's and I can't remember where I leave things. crazy

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I grew up in the 70's and I can't remember where I leave things. crazy

For us that grew up in the 50s that goes about ....................what was I going to say? Oh yes about double.

wink

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
I am pleased to see the number of Campfire members that I have pleasured.

Dave

Whoa, A lot said in one very short sentence.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (160user, 338Rules, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,636 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,097
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.