Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by efw
As others have said, I searched for this and haven't come up with anything. Could you provide a link for this info please?

You don't need to.
Just make schit up, everyne wants to believe the absolute worst about California anyway.
Shackles & chains, doom & gloom.

I gotta change, there's hunting to do.

Personally I would like to congratulate VAnimrod on his restraint, I know that wasn't easy for him...or is he on vacation? wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anything is believable about California, the state that requires bags of sand to be labeled as "known to cause cancer."

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Anything is believable about California, the state that requires bags of sand to be labeled as "known to cause cancer."

Bags of sand? Well ya, silica dust does cause cancer. Here is an idea, just go start a thread "why CA sucks", run it fifty to a hundred pages and y'all can get it out of your systems.

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization"-- Emerson

Support outdoor sports and our hunting-conservationist heritage; hunt with high morals and ethical standards
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by John_Gregori

So you want me to read your thread a third time? smile

IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Cirular logic to the enth.

Here is John's song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlX4EbY5E5U

ROCK!

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Yes, absolutely: http://www.newslink.org/canews/newBPAstudygunsammo

The only link that now works is this one, but I can't find the article anymore: Newslink to California newspaper

Unfortunately, it shows this:
The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization"-- Emerson

Support outdoor sports and our hunting-conservationist heritage; hunt with high morals and ethical standards
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Within the last 48 hours the story has COMPLETELY VANISHED OFF THE INTERNET? Except for your threads on the subject?

GTFO of here with this BS. All you've done is troll this website with anti-hunting and anti-gun propaganda since you've been here.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Looks like the stuff is pretty safe, if you believe the FDA

"Researchers from government agencies, academia, and industry worldwide have studied the potential for bisphenol A (BPA) to migrate from polycarbonate products into foods and beverages. These studies consistently show that the potential migration of BPA into food is extremely low, generally less than 5 parts per billion under conditions typical for uses of polycarbonate products. At this level, a consumer would have to ingest more than 1,300 pounds of food and beverages in contact with polycarbonate every day for an entire lifetime to exceed the safe level of BPA set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency."

From this link
http://www.bisphenol-a.org/about/faq.html?gclid=CPq1sNSn8KMCFQImbAodrByi3w

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The EPA is reacting to the brouhaha about BPA in plastic baby bottles, last thing I saw was that EPA said not known to be a problem but worthy of further study. Sounds like a politic answer but I don't know. The amount of BPA that can leach out of plastics is truly minuscule.

BPA is known to mimic estrogen, so maybe plastic stocks can give you the gay? laugh

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Suppose that's why when I grip my stock, I wonder if my nails might look better with a lighter shade...

Kent

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by John_Gregori
See link below:

Proposing ban on Plastic-tipped bullets and synthetic firearms parts: BPA leaching Risk

September 03, 2010, 5:08 PM EDT- 1 hour ago;
CALIFORNIA - A new study is examining hunting and military firearms stocks/parts (the part of a firearm that comes in contact with the hands and face) and plastic-tipped bullets to determine if there is leaching of potentially harmful bisphenol A, an endocrine-disrupting chemical.

Although environmental scientists maintain that the forms of plastics that can leak out bisphenol A may not be found in certain firearms, plastic-tipped bullets and other parts, they bring in to question whether arms and ammunition manufacturers have looked into the matter and how much Government intervention there should be to protect public and private firearms users and the environment.

The toxicity for our military and hunting fraternity, as well as, wildlife is still very much in debate since the amounts found in some plastics were well below the Environmental Protection Agency�s standards; however, a few scientists maintain that this type of chemical could cause behavioral and neurological problems if exposure is frequent, long-lasting or if it can leach into the skin during recoil (high friction to skin when a bullet is fired).

Furthermore, the plastic-tipped bullets could pose environmental concerns to wildlife like the California Condor. For instance, a similar study on lead hunting bullets resulted in a banning of the use of lead bullets in California by the State's Senate when it was found that the lead could harm the California Condor and other wildlife. Assembly Bill 821 bans the use of lead bullets for hunting within California. The bill was sponsored by Assemblyman Pete Nava and has letters of support from a number of conservation and environmental groups.

Any established link to potential harm for humans or wildlife, some environmentalists argue, is unacceptable and would imply support of the use of BPA-containing plastics that are currently being recalled by some plastics manufacturers.

I wonder if this ever received any traction. I know that lead bullets will be fully banned in CA by 2019.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

It's been years since I ate a synthetic stock...........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
How does a guy find a 7 year old thread like this?

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I wonder if they will also ban all plastic baby bottles, or jut plastic gun parts?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have formurated BisA Epoxy reinsens for close to 30 yereas....hasn't effected me at al.......

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yet cornholing another dude is considered perfectly safe and healthy.

Yes, they truly are the 'colon' of this country.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
With any luck at all the Norks will miss San Francisco and hit Sacramento dead center.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
if it can leach into the skin during recoil (high friction to skin when a bullet is fired).
Some calibers do have a pretty fair kick but I've never had a stock embedded in my shoulder from one.
Anyway, wouldn't a layer of duct tape on the stock prevent this?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Harry M
I have formurated BisA Epoxy reinsens for close to 30 yereas....hasn't effected me at al.......

In this part of the country is causes obesity, I've witnessed some monstrous back boobies protruding thru the slats of the backs of Dollar Store plastic chairs. wink

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,093
Posts18,483,005
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.