Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Oh, I have no doubts about that at all.

Same here, I just hope that we can do something about it.

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization"-- Emerson

Support outdoor sports and our hunting-conservationist heritage; hunt with high morals and ethical standards
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bleep
Yet cornholing another dude is considered perfectly safe and healthy.

GAD! You're so graphic as to be obscene! (But, like your Crown box shooting, dead on.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That's an excellent point. These people find money to push this agenda about, surely there is enough on our side to extrapolate their plastics research to include other stuff - like computer keyboards. People spend a lot more time touching keyboards than they do firearms or bullet tips.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bender
That's an excellent point. These people find money to push this agenda about, surely there is enough on our side to extrapolate their plastics research to include other stuff - like computer keyboards. People spend a lot more time touching keyboards than they do firearms or bullet tips.
Good point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by John_Gregori
See link below:

Proposing ban on Plastic-tipped bullets and synthetic firearms parts: BPA leaching Risk

September 03, 2010, 5:08 PM EDT- 1 hour ago;
CALIFORNIA - A new study is examining hunting and military firearms stocks/parts (the part of a firearm that comes in contact with the hands and face) and plastic-tipped bullets to determine if there is leaching of potentially harmful bisphenol A, an endocrine-disrupting chemical.

Although environmental scientists maintain that the forms of plastics that can leak out bisphenol A may not be found in certain firearms, plastic-tipped bullets and other parts, they bring in to question whether arms and ammunition manufacturers have looked into the matter and how much Government intervention there should be to protect public and private firearms users and the environment.

The toxicity for our military and hunting fraternity, as well as, wildlife is still very much in debate since the amounts found in some plastics were well below the Environmental Protection Agency�s standards; however, a few scientists maintain that this type of chemical could cause behavioral and neurological problems if exposure is frequent, long-lasting or if it can leach into the skin during recoil (high friction to skin when a bullet is fired).

Furthermore, the plastic-tipped bullets could pose environmental concerns to wildlife like the California Condor. For instance, a similar study on lead hunting bullets resulted in a banning of the use of lead bullets in California by the State's Senate when it was found that the lead could harm the California Condor and other wildlife. Assembly Bill 821 bans the use of lead bullets for hunting within California. The bill was sponsored by Assemblyman Pete Nava and has letters of support from a number of conservation and environmental groups.

Any established link to potential harm for humans or wildlife, some environmentalists argue, is unacceptable and would imply support of the use of BPA-containing plastics that are currently being recalled by some plastics manufacturers.

Where did you dig this up, I can't find any info anywhere. Can you give me a link?

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by T LEE
CA should ban CA!

My thoughts exactly and immediately Terry!

it is almost like "law makers" have ran out of stuff to screw up.. and now they are trying to create problems that don't exist, so they can justify their existence by making us all think we need them to solve it..

the main role of the government anymore..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Squidge
This is total junk science masquerading as "health issue" which is just an excuse to impose a de facto ban on some ammunition and gun parts, its so obvious its sad just looking at the real motivation behind this. Time would be better spent and more productive testing plastic toys made in China.

+1

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Carry that scenario to the next step, all the plastic cell phones pressed to the side of the heads of literally millions of dumb [bleep] in Cali?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that this study will be funded with federal stimulus money.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
If I found out I had 6 months to live I'd kill a few condors with a [bleep].

Steelhead, you mean like grabbin' the dude by the ankles and beating the condors to death with him? confused

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
What about helmets?

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that this study will be funded with federal stimulus money.

Brian.

Well sorry to say but right off hand I'd say its junk Science just like Glo Bull Warming.

NRA Lifetime Member
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
As others have said, I searched for this and haven't come up with anything. Could you provide a link for this info please?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
As others have said, I searched for this and haven't come up with anything. Could you provide a link for this info please?

You don't need to.
Just make schit up, everyne wants to believe the absolute worst about California anyway.
Shackles & chains, doom & gloom.

I gotta change, there's hunting to do.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is a link in the article.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Links back to a post on 24hrcampfire......by the guy who started this thread.

I think we done been trolled boys.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go through and read what the origanal poster has put up on here since he's joined yesterday. He's a troll of the highest order.

The subject of this thread is likely a product of his vivid imagination.

Brian.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I really have to hand it to him for creativity! That was pretty good...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well if it is a troll it's pretty good one. I did find many studies from all over the country in regards to the dangers of bisphenol A in plastics, just can't find anything on plastic stocks or bullet tips. Nagleen bottles and bisphenol A, plenty of articles, but that is about all I can find.

Oh well, CA sucks teet anyway.

G
gbp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
thats why i asked for a link a long while back, never got one. calling fud on this one

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

Who's Online Now
530 members (222ND, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 219DW, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,484
Posts18,529,719
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.