Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Ya think farmers are whiners ,? You should talk to the plumbers. They cry every time a stud is in the way, everything is wrong , and they tell us how hard their life is while they are making $100 per hour.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
So, a grape ranch would be, whineing? (Trying to think of a joke here, please wait), ( wait more), -- maybe later?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ihookem
Ya think farmers are whiners ,? You should talk to the plumbers. They cry every time a stud is in the way, everything is wrong , and they tell us how hard their life is while they are making $100 per hour.

That's the truth!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston
Wasn't there a guy on here who claimed to have grape ranch?

Hardest part is roping them for the branding....

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'd think grape ranching would be a vine way to make a living.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Ok, enough is enough. I've had it with the whiny farmers on this forum.

Here is the straw that broke this camel's back;
Originally Posted by wabigoon
...and give an explanation in language an old hick farmer can understand??
I have heard the same scatological extrusions from gunner500 and a couple other farmers here.

Let's cut the bovine excrement and put an end to this farce.

If you're a farmer you're a veterinarian, a medic, a firefighter, an accountant, a salesman, a mechanic, a geologist, a pesticide expert, a heavy equipment operator, a weather forecaster, an animal behavior expert, a chemist, a metallurgist, a welder, plumber, electrician, lumberjack, carpenter, and an agronomist.

You can use hand tools and power tools, you can estimate weights and measures by eyeballing things, you know where to find the best prices for both buying and selling.

You know who to call when you run into something you are not equipped to handle, you are an expert in physics and geometry when trying to get a tractor unstuck or drop a tree without taking out a fence or power-line.

You can remain calm around spooked livestock, you can solve problems with the tools and parts you have around and not buy everything new, you know every inch of your place and what is where, and you can spot a sick critter or diseased plants from the seat of your truck at 45mph while talking on the phone and drinking coffee without wearing it.

You use GPS, cellphones, computers, and can keep up with maintenance schedules for every piece of equipment you use.

You know the value of life and the finality of death. You celebrate new life, be it sprouting plants or a newborn critter, and you share the fruits of your labors generously.

So, cut out the whining about "just being a simple farmer'!

Rant off.

Ed

LOL, i resemble a lot of that. blush

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
At what point, is it whining, about whining about, yes, you guessed it, whining? Something like that at least.

I'm only on my second cup of coffee and that post made my head hurt. Is that whining?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Farmers are a smart lot, They say their dumb 'cause if'n folks actually knew they was smart and what they could do they'd always be at the neighbors house fix'n and doin' instead of farmin'.

They ain't foolin' me, my Grandpa was a farmer so's I know.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm still trying to figure out just what, "scatological" means? Some sort of code talk?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by kellory

I have heard the same scatological extrusions from gunner500 and a couple other farmers here.

If you're a farmer you're a veterinarian, a medic, a firefighter, an accountant, a salesman, a mechanic, a geologist, a pesticide expert, a heavy equipment operator, a weather forecaster, an animal behavior expert, a chemist, a metallurgist, a welder, plumber, electrician, lumberjack, carpenter, and an agronomist.

You can use hand tools and power tools, you can estimate weights and measures by eyeballing things, you know where to find the best prices for both buying and selling.

You know who to call when you run into something you are not equipped to handle, you are an expert in physics and geometry when trying to get a tractor unstuck or drop a tree without taking out a fence or power-line.

You can remain calm around spooked livestock, you can solve problems with the tools and parts you have around and not buy everything new, you know every inch of your place and what is where, and you can spot a sick critter or diseased plants from the seat of your truck at 45mph while talking on the phone and drinking coffee without wearing it.

You use GPS, cellphones, computers, and can keep up with maintenance schedules for every piece of equipment you use.

You know the value of life and the finality of death. You celebrate new life, be it sprouting plants or a newborn critter, and you share the fruits of your labors generously.

Rant off.

Ed

You left out "Sexual surrogate " wink (j/k)

Yeah, even to the point of visiting a clinic and making a big deposit for a sterile bud and his wife, then getting "it's a boy postcards" in the mail four times over the next six years, I'll tell ya, a farmers work is never done. wink

Trump Won!
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I'm still trying to figure out just what, "scatological" means? Some sort of code talk?

The fertilizer slung on the side of the barn was mistakenly scatologically deposited by driving too close to the barn ;]

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I will whine a bit.....

I clicked on here with my shoulders back and my hair up.....only to leave very confused.

That's the whole purpose, Jim. grin

I figured I might get a rise outta you, Gunner, Wabigoon, SamO, and a few other farmers, and maybe ranchers.

Steelhead's post about dairy farmers is spot on, they have the best of both worlds. grin

It was just my way of acknowledging the skills, talents, knowledge, abilities, and strengths of farmers.

No job, that I'm aware of, it as complex and demanding as farming/ ranching, and then, after all your efforts, you're still at the mercy of Nature.

My hat's off to you folks.

Now, quit yer whinin' and bitchin' about being "just a farmer/rancher". grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, it's a simple life that the most simple minded need apply. smile

How'm I doing so far? ;]

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Wasn't there a guy on here who claimed to have grape ranch?

I don't know about that, but I have some neighbors that bought an acre of land, and call it a farm.

I guess whatever trips your trigger.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunner500

How'm I doing so far? ;]

You're so full of scheit that if you farted, 50 acres wouldn't need fertilizing for the next five years! grin

Ed

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
This city slicker traveling salesman was driving his model A Ford down a dirt road, lost. he sees a hillbilly farmer plowing with a mule. The salesman stops the farmer, and asks directions to several towns. The farmer keeps telling the salesman he don't know . Angry, and exasperated, the salesman says, "You don't know much, do you"? Farmer, "I know one thing". salesman, "What's that"? "I ain't lost"

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

How'm I doing so far? ;]

You're so full of scheit that if you farted, 50 acres wouldn't need fertilizing for the next five years! grin

Ed

Have shart, will spread it. cool laugh

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Thinking about it some, I guess the only animal that comes to mind when I think of a "ranch" is cattle.

Try saying "goat rancher"..........See? Doesn't work. Neither does "pig rancher".

Horse rancher? Nyet. Sheep rancher maybe.........ranchers get lonely too.

Buffalo rancher? NFG!

Bunny Ranch?

Live 7 Miles from said ranch. Stop by and say hi!

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If you're a farmer you're a veterinarian, a medic, a firefighter, an accountant, a salesman, a mechanic, a geologist, a pesticide expert, a heavy equipment operator, a weather forecaster, an animal behavior expert, a chemist, a metallurgist, a welder, plumber, electrician, lumberjack, carpenter, an agronomist, and a CAT SKINNER.

Rant off.

Ed

That's the job description, but they'll hire just about anyone.....

Last edited by Dutch; 10/15/17.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

How'm I doing so far? ;]

I admit to my friends that the pay sucks -

but, man, is the cubicle pretty! smile smile smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (66Block, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, AceBall, 257_X_50, 19 invisible), 1,098 guests, and 967 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,979
Posts18,519,934
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.