-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 29 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 28 29
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
November 5th; same day as the Fort Hood attack.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
interview with witness

No weapon detail though... I am thinking rifle though.

Agreed. Glad he was there to put a stop to it. What a horrible thing.

Yep. Thank God for the Good Samaritans! Since the Perp was dressed in black with a black face mask, he may have had other targets planned out. If he hadn't covered his face, my theory would be that he either planned to kill himself or wanted to die by suicide by cop.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by denton
I am thinking rifle though.

Sure sounds like it. And the witness doesn't say that he shot at the BG, he says he shot him, and then fired again trying to hit him through his vehicle window. Waiting for more info....

The chase down guys indicate rifle I think... On the link RNF provided.

"I pulled up to the intersection where the shooting happened and I saw two men exchanging gunfire," Langendorff said, noting the shooter and another local were shooting at each other.
Once the gunman fled the church grounds in his vehicle, Langendorff said the other man came to his car.
"The other gentleman said we needed to pursue (the shooter) because he shot up the church," he said. "So that's what I did. I just acted."
The pair chased the man down FM 539 headed North before the shooter lost control and ran off the roadway. Langendorff said the other man with him jumped out of the car and drew his rifle on Kelley.
"He didn't move after that," Langendorff said.

So, a good guy with a gun stopped this. We need more good guys with guns. (GGWG's)

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear

That's just Eerie! I don't remember how many were murdered at Ft Hood, but the Fox Headlines claim this is the most deadly shooting in TX.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Yes. That was one of the first things I heard but then nothing.

Does indeed seem to be an in-law connection to that town. I think it's his current mother-in-law that has PO box there.

An evil doer willing to shoot little girls would have been capable of anything. Good he was stopped.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
New York Post says the neighbor used a rifle. They may have info or may be assuming.

Edited to add: Dept of Public Safety Regional Director said the good guy used a rifle. I expect he would get that right.

Last edited by denton; 11/05/17.

Be not weary in well doing.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by lastofthebreed
I am heartsick hearing of this. What could possess somebody to do something such as this? I can't believe our country has spawned such evil. God help those who lost loved ones.

Saw this earlier and feeling very much the same. A sad day for America..

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by denton
New York Post says the neighbor used a rifle. They may have info or may be assuming.

Edited to add: Dept of Public Safety Regional Director said the good guy used a rifle. I expect he would get that right.

I heard/read in the last hour that the good guy and the perp used "same type of gun and same type of ammo" so it was unclear if perp shot himself, or died of wounds from good guy.

probably be clearer tomorrow

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We live in an evil world where Evil picks the time and place of it's choosing to do harm. The best thing we can do is to be armed and ready to confront Evil wherever we may be, laws be damned.

Originally Posted by jaguartx

Methodist Church is a part of the World Council of Churches ( along with the Catholic Church) which is against the 2A.

It would seem that nearly all of Christendom belongs to the WCC. I find it disappointing that even my diocese is a member. There are a couple I'm aware of that are conspicuously absent that I may have to consider for future membership although travel would be a bit inconvenient.

World Council of Churches Member Churches

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another story about guns at church.

My mother's family settled in middle Tennessee in the early 1800's on a land grant. Hostile Indians were a constant danger in the early years. After things had settled down, but still 25 years before the Civil War, they had enough neighbors in the area to start a community church. The family donated the land for the church and provided labor and materials and soon a nice church was in full operation, and well attended.

Many of the old church records are still in the possession of our family. These records detail many of the activities of the church and the congregation during those times. There was a routine to every Sunday. Many families traveled an hour or more to attend the services. After the morning service ended the women served a pot-luck dinner to all present. Then while the women cleaned up and visited, and the young children played, weather permitting, the men all assembled behind the church and trained and practiced with their muzzle loading rifles. They finished the session with a shooting competition of one sort or another.

A popular competition was the live turkey shoot, where a live turkey was tethered behind a log so that only its head was visible. The shooter that managed to kill the turkey with his shot got to take the bird home that day.

The men were organized with some sort of rank structure and trained in military subjects with the goal of being able to protect their community if such need should arise. In the sense that they were trained and practiced, and ready to serve if needed, these church men truly were the very essence of the "well regulated militia" that the founding fathers spoke of.

In those times every man brought his rifle to Sunday services. And they got in some practice almost every week.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s where “well regulated militia” kicks in IMHO.

No it's not. You are either an idiot or a liar. The word "regulated" as used in the 18th Century meant to be well practiced, and proficient. It had/has nothing to with govt meddling as the word 'regulation' is used today.

Your creds don't mean schitt to me other than you're an admitted enemy attempting to infiltrate or remain within our ranks. I'm LE and former military. The oaths I took mean something. There is not a sliding scale as to what degree you uphold the oath. You've already admitted you're an elitist fahq. You are a disgrace to your badge and a traitor to our values.

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In every other instance where the term "regulate" is used, or regulations are referred to, the Constitution specifies who
is to do the regulating and what is being "regulated." However, in the Second Amendment, the Framers chose only to use
the term "well regulated" to describe a militia and chose not to define who or what would regulate it.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Regulated as in, well regulated sights.

We were at a church meeting last night. In the last few minutes it was question and answer time. One question was from gentleman, he was inquiring if we had a "security team" or security. I believe last week he would not have asked. Times have changed, overnight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No one believes your lies either.

Z
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Who you referring to as a liar?

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Wait..the guy was in the air Force?
Where did he learn to handle a gun?
This is strange.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
I am a citizen of the United States as most of you are. I am not afraid of the Government because I am the Government. I have been a commissioned law enforcement officer and have seen many gun possessors who should have been prevented from having one.

It is time to stop this BS that is is us verses them. It is all of us together, and as citizens we need to say who can legitably have guns and who shouldn’t.

You like to write me off as a liberal. I have been a life member of the NRA since 1966. I am a a qualified Master shooter in High Power competition, Sharpshooter in pistol competition and I also shoot skeet and sporting clays.
I own two farms and have private rifle and pistol ranges set up on my land. I belong to two shooting clubs. I have three kids who hunt deer and I hunt deer, elk and upland birds every year.

I happen to believe that as citizens we should prove we are qualified to keep and bear arms. If we are not qualified we shouldn’t be allowed to have them. That’s where “well regulated militia” kicks in IMHO.

I am an elitist. There are a bunch of black and brown guys who should not have guns, but there are a bunch of white guys who shouldn’t have them either. The shooter in Texas and the one in Las Vegas are cases in point. Don’t tell me that deeper screening wouldn’t have brought up questions on these two shooters. No, it wouldn’t have stopped all, but it would stop some.
That BS about the Militia part of the Second Amendment reveals you’re a liberal. It’s a liberal shibboleth.

The fact is that the statement about well regulated militias being necessary laid out the reason for what followed ... it didn’t provide a condition for what followed, and what followed was a guarantee that the people’s right (not the militia’s right) to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
One thing is becoming very clear in the incident...

The guy that armed himself and shot the bad guy is truly a hero in every sense of the word. He prevented the shooter from killing more people. Perhaps MANY more, because there was another church in Sutherland Springs just down the road from the Baptist church he attacked.

The bad guy had an arsenal in his vehicle. We may never know, but I think the rampage would have continued, had he not been stopped when he was.

The fact that a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with one just proves we need Constitutional Carry anywhere and everywhere on U.S. soil.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Damn there's a lot of new material coming from KY today!

It's almost like Bristoe has a sockpuppet......But no way Bristoe could even make up being that stupid.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
I am a citizen of the United States as most of you are. I am not afraid of the Government because I am the Government. I have been a commissioned law enforcement officer and have seen many gun possessors who should have been prevented from having one.

It is time to stop this BS that is is us verses them. It is all of us together, and as citizens we need to say who can legitably have guns and who shouldn’t.

You like to write me off as a liberal. I have been a life member of the NRA since 1966. I am a a qualified Master shooter in High Power competition, Sharpshooter in pistol competition and I also shoot skeet and sporting clays.
I own two farms and have private rifle and pistol ranges set up on my land. I belong to two shooting clubs. I have three kids who hunt deer and I hunt deer, elk and upland birds every year.

I happen to believe that as citizens we should prove we are qualified to keep and bear arms. If we are not qualified we shouldn’t be allowed to have them. That’s where “well regulated militia” kicks in IMHO.

I am an elitist. There are a bunch of black and brown guys who should not have guns, but there are a bunch of white guys who shouldn’t have them either. The shooter in Texas and the one in Las Vegas are cases in point. Don’t tell me that deeper screening wouldn’t have brought up questions on these two shooters. No, it wouldn’t have stopped all, but it would stop some.

The second makes no reference to qualification. It does imply you should HAVE a firearm. Well regulated, refers to well equipped. I understand, given your background, why you interpret the amendment as you do. The clearly written amendment itself, does not require what you want. You sound reasonable enough, but the "slippery slope" is started with seemingly reasonable ideas.

Page 14 of 29 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,159
Posts18,502,996
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.