Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by hillbill
For anyone that thinks the 6.5 creed is going away in the next 30 years you need to ask some guys that actually sell them. I have a friend that works a big seller and he said the creed is the most popular caliber he has yet to see, they can't keep them in stock.

while it's not a magic round it certainly does a lot of things very very well. the big thing is all the great factory ammo available, it's getting pretty easy to come by just about anywhere you look. can't say that for the .260?

It does not matter how fast something sells in the beginning. Just look at Jobbibee's Tuna Pie as an example. When that first came out Reynold's Market could not keep them in the freezer. Practically as soon as they were stocked they sell out by the end of the day. Sometimes you could go down the street to Albertsons and the *might* still have some left, but even that was rare.

Then people got sick of them. You could get them anytime you wanted, but nobody bought them it got to the point where both Reynold's and Albertson's stopped stocking them

So with Jobbibee's Tuna Pie it is not a big deal because it is not like people had to buy a special microwave to cook them or some other special gizmo. In the case of the 6.5CM it is a major investment and you want your investment to be worth something down the road, not a fad.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
I was up near glasgow MT this past fall bird hunting. Beautiful country

just keeping the thread on track ; )

Id look at a CTR with 26 inch barrel

Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw
Originally Posted by hillbill
For anyone that thinks the 6.5 creed is going away in the next 30 years you need to ask some guys that actually sell them. I have a friend that works a big seller and he said the creed is the most popular caliber he has yet to see, they can't keep them in stock.

while it's not a magic round it certainly does a lot of things very very well. the big thing is all the great factory ammo available, it's getting pretty easy to come by just about anywhere you look. can't say that for the .260?

It does not matter how fast something sells in the beginning. Just look at Jobbibee's Tuna Pie as an example. When that first came out Reynold's Market could not keep them in the freezer. Practically as soon as they were stocked they sell out by the end of the day. Sometimes you could go down the street to Albertsons and the *might* still have some left, but even that was rare.

Then people got sick of them. You could get them anytime you wanted, but nobody bought them it got to the point where both Reynold's and Albertson's stopped stocking them

So with Jobbibee's Tuna Pie it is not a big deal because it is not like people had to buy a special microwave to cook them or some other special gizmo. In the case of the 6.5CM it is a major investment and you want your investment to be worth something down the road, not a fad.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Is this thread a joke? Im missing something.

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wilbilly

minus a couple tangents, yes, I'm looking to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Yer' still killin' me.........

Not like this thread needs it but free bump.

Somebody PLEASE sell bersh a 6.5 Creed. At this juncture the guy really deserves one.............

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
What is a "tuna pie"?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's a 35 Whelen.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by bersh
Originally Posted by wilbilly

minus a couple tangents, yes, I'm looking to buy a 6.5 Creedmoor

I have one and really like it you should definitely try one.

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
It's a 35 Whelen.

Which according to some, is apparently quite similar to a 6.5 Creed...........or a tuna pie.........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
45/70 all the way

IC B3

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ribka
I was up near glasgow MT this past fall bird hunting. Beautiful country

just keeping the thread on track ; )

Id look at a CTR with 26 inch barrel

Thanks. Not really a CTR fan. I'd go with an AR, or a bolt, but none of these pseudo tactical things.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would place a bet that more 6.5 Creed rounds have been fired downrange in the last 10 years, than the 35 Whelen in its history. cool

I am just waiting for the right Creed hunting rifle to go with my Bergara HMR long range plinker. I have not found one yet, but hoping FN will come out with a Model 70 FWT.

Arcus Venator
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I would bet in the last 3 years!

bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Merry Christmas

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'll admit I learned a few things over the holidays, but some of you guys are wayyyy off base.

I am not try trying to offend anybody who posted on this thread and some of the misunderstanding could be the way I explained things. Let me try again

First. Jobbibee's Tuna Pie is not a code word for 35W. Just wanted to clear that up as it may be adding to the confusion

Second. I am not talking about tuna pies in general. I specifically mentioned Jobbibee's Tuna Pie. You guys are all acting like I am talking about Banquet Chicken Pot Pie or Marie Calendar Turkey Pot Pie. These are available in the freezer section everyday, just like 30-06 or a 35W are available at the Holiday Superstation. Next time any of you are at the grocery store take a look in the freezer section and see if you can find Jobbibee's Tuna Pie , If there are not any, then go ask the manager why and I am sure he'll tell you that it was a fad and nobody buys it any more.
This is my point. It does not matter that people ate more Jobbibee's Tuna Pie than they did Marie Calendar pot pies over the last 10 years. Nobody eats Jobbibee's Tuna Pie now!

Now I did say I learned something over the holidays so here it is.

I went to the in laws for Christmas dinner and my wife's cousin's husband, Gary, works at the Bear Track hardware store in Harve. I was talking to Gary about the 6.5 CM and I flat out asked him if he thinks they'll keep ordering those bullets and he said yes. I was very surprised by his answer and when I said I think it is a fad. Gary went on to say that some women like that caliber because it does not kick as much as a 270 so expects more of the younger girls to buy the 6.5CM over a 270 for their first rifle. Needless to say I had to eat a little crow on this as I did not think of this, but I will say when my daughter gets old enough for a rifle, she is getting a 270 just like her Mom and someday when I have a grand daughter she's going to shoot a 270 also. I just cannot see how the CM is enough gun for the hunting we do here.

Sorry if I got this thread a little off track, but I felt like I needed to clear things up.

--Bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mr Bersh,
I would like to share with you another observation while you are considering a 35W rather than a 6.5CM.

Last night I stopped at a Holiday Superstation to get some gas and groceries and to get my wife's Christmas present. When I was in the aisle that sold ammo I could not help but notice that the spot on the shelf where the 6.5CM ammo would have been was completely empty, but there were 13 boxes of 35W. I asked the person working if they had any 6.5CM in back she checked and said no. She also went on to say "we will not be getting any anytime soon". My best guess would be that the person that does the ammo ordering for the store has realized that the furor for this caliber is trending down and does not want to get stuck with a bunch of boxes collecting dust for years. Eventually, this round is going to be getting harder and harder to find.

I do not know how to post pictures like that bald guy did for you to bump this thread, but if you PM me your cell number I could send you pictures of the 750 Remington Carbine I have for sale and your could treat yourself to a beautiful rifle for Christmas.

And I thought 'Flave had disappeared!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
bersh Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Stopped by the local gun store today. He had two 6.5 CM in stock (neither of which I was interested), and a decent selection of ammo. I'm confident enough in my manhood that I'm not afraid to admit that a mild shooting laser with some pretty good thump for the size sounds like a good thing for my aging shoulder. The fact that my 10 yr. old son, daughters, and wife can also shoot it comfortably is a plus in my book.

I've had two potential deals slip by, but still looking for the right deal. This is a rifle that I want, don't need, so I'm being a bit selective but have a feeling the right deal is out there.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I'll admit I learned a few things over the holidays, but some of you guys are wayyyy off base.

I am not try trying to offend anybody who posted on this thread and some of the misunderstanding could be the way I explained things. Let me try again

First. Jobbibee's Tuna Pie is not a code word for 35W. Just wanted to clear that up as it may be adding to the confusion

Second. I am not talking about tuna pies in general. I specifically mentioned Jobbibee's Tuna Pie. You guys are all acting like I am talking about Banquet Chicken Pot Pie or Marie Calendar Turkey Pot Pie. These are available in the freezer section everyday, just like 30-06 or a 35W are available at the Holiday Superstation. Next time any of you are at the grocery store take a look in the freezer section and see if you can find Jobbibee's Tuna Pie , If there are not any, then go ask the manager why and I am sure he'll tell you that it was a fad and nobody buys it any more.
This is my point. It does not matter that people ate more Jobbibee's Tuna Pie than they did Marie Calendar pot pies over the last 10 years. Nobody eats Jobbibee's Tuna Pie now!

Now I did say I learned something over the holidays so here it is.

I went to the in laws for Christmas dinner and my wife's cousin's husband, Gary, works at the Bear Track hardware store in Harve. I was talking to Gary about the 6.5 CM and I flat out asked him if he thinks they'll keep ordering those bullets and he said yes. I was very surprised by his answer and when I said I think it is a fad. Gary went on to say that some women like that caliber because it does not kick as much as a 270 so expects more of the younger girls to buy the 6.5CM over a 270 for their first rifle. Needless to say I had to eat a little crow on this as I did not think of this, but I will say when my daughter gets old enough for a rifle, she is getting a 270 just like her Mom and someday when I have a grand daughter she's going to shoot a 270 also. I just cannot see how the CM is enough gun for the hunting we do here.

Sorry if I got this thread a little off track, but I felt like I needed to clear things up.

--Bob

You are still absolutely killing me.

But all those girly men shooting 6.5 Creed's think you're beyond compare.............

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BobLoblaw,

You are telling us that we don't get it? crazy

What the heck do Tuna pies and 35 W's have to do with a guy wanting a Creedmoor?

You're killing me smalls laugh

Arcus Venator
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
the tuna pie guy , classic campfire

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

181 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 23 invisible), 1,936 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,510
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.