Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
That sweet wife of mine thought I needed a pair of pull on boots for just going out to tend my dog or shovel the walk or whatever...she knows I like stuff from Schnees, so that’s what they are.

Mathew 22: 37-39

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Woohoo.

Last edited by Fireball2; 12/27/17.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Gift exchanges when you work with mostly women can be interesting. One time I got a pair of ear muffs with little animal heads on them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ringworm
We all have some gag gifts, but what completely wrong gifts have you gotten from people who think they nailed it?
I got a pair of electric socks once.

Uh, I could use those, uh, for cold days on stand, you know. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
I have a few friends who don't know anything about hunting and they try to give me hunting gear. First, I don't need any, and second since they know nothing about hunting it's not stuff that I'll ever use.

I appreciate the thought, but it's kind of comical. Right before a backpack sheep hunt, I received a big old fixed blade knife that weighed 2-3 lbs. Would've made Jim Bowie proud.

Yeah, and probably Chinese with a compass on the end of the handle. Mine had some nice fish hooks in the handle.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I saw this and immediately thought of Fireball2’s wife.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm 6'2" 230lbs.

No mom, I can't wear size XL.

Over the years I've amassed a pretty respectable wardrobe, too bad none of it fits.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
I saw this and immediately thought of Fireball2’s wife.

[Linked Image]

Oh my.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bump

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I got a shotgun toilet plunger one year, with sound effects and all. I've had a roll of camo toilet paper someone gave me for several years, just never broke the wrapper.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I got a roll of toilet paper with Hillary Clintons face on every sheet, dang stuff chaps my azz as much as she does

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by blanket
I got a roll of toilet paper with Hillary Clintons face on every sheet, dang stuff chaps my azz as much as she does

She's not worthy. LOL

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Long time ago I got a "lighted" ice scraper from my sister.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bump for Roy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My dingbat mother in law from h3ll gave me one of those gizmos you set on top of a piano to keep you in time while your playing-I think it's called a metronome or some such ridiculous thing. I don't play any instruments. None. Crazy old coot!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
My dingbat mother in law from h3ll gave me one of those gizmos you set on top of a piano to keep you in time while your playing-I think it's called a metronome or some such ridiculous thing. I don't play any instruments. None. Crazy old coot!

That’s funny!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It was probably left over after getting rid of her piano 20 years ago. She needed room in her closet for a ceramic cat in a pilgrim outfit and something had to go.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great plan is to give the girlfriend/wife a wish list of books you would like, to be shared with her family. Inexpensive but great gift and helps keep everyone happy. You can honestly say it was just what you wanted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
I have a few friends who don't know anything about hunting and they try to give me hunting gear. First, I don't need any, and second since they know nothing about hunting it's not stuff that I'll ever use.

I appreciate the thought, but it's kind of comical. Right before a backpack sheep hunt, I received a big old fixed blade knife that weighed 2-3 lbs. Would've made Jim Bowie proud.

bingo, you nailed it smokepole

I've got em all broke of the habit now, but my dear wife and my dear mother used to try and buy me hunting gear. I know from when I used to hang out in the backpackin thread that you're a hard core hunter yourself smokepole so you get it.

If it ain't exactly what I want (and most often that reads expensive, dang the bad luck) then I don't want it at all, feel bad about getting rid of it, so it's just in the way of all the gear I actually do use.

Only person that can really get you hunting stuff is someone that hunts with you or like you. Hell even my dad used to try and finally figured out, just give me a few bucks and I'll put it towards what I want and tell everyone you got it for me.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by gophergunner

That’s funny!

hmmm you never know could be that the wife let something slip and she was just trying to give you something to keep time with in the boudoir (really doubt that's spelled right, for you non frenchman)

oh and just kiddin gophergunner, but it is funny as hell you got one of those.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 21, 66 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,414
Posts18,470,481
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.