Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This thread reminds me of the one a week or two back, about the conversation between the man and woman.

It went something like this:

Woman: Do you drink beer?

Man: Yes.

Woman: How many beers do you drink per day?

Man: About three.

Woman: And how much do you pay?

Man: $5/beer, and that includes a tip.

Woman: So, $5/day, that’s $5,400 per year, how many years have you been drinking beer?

Man: 20 years.

Woman: Do you realize that if you’d taken those funds and put them into a simple interest-bearing account, you’d have enough money to buy an airplane?

Man: Do you drink beer?

Woman: No.

Man: Where’s your airplane?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I
So the point is, as long as they ain't costing me anything I could give a rip how others spend their money. I will say that looking around me, carrying serious debt seems to be our modern American way of life crazy

I'd go even further, looking around at the folks in my peer group, the general feeling expressed is that they life without debt is impossible: "we'll always have car payments (plural) and a mortgage", and "we don't make enough money to save anything".

And they don't see the connection between the two....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Originally Posted by muffinman Larry Root
Love going in there wearing my Trump hat and "Smoke a Camel" T shirt. Fun to watch the lesbos and girly men scatter like roaches when you hit the light switch.

Never buy anything ----- just grab a handful of napkins, blow my nose, drop em' on the floor and depart.

Larry Root,

Should you actually do it, post video please! lol

That fuggin chitstick.

Good bust Fost.

Just for the record Muffin and muffinman are NOT the same persona....................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Drink 1 cup of instant a day, 1big tsp sugar, 1level tsp creamer, 3 heaping tsp of Folgers instant , 12 oz of water . Nuke 1 min 15 seconds.

Wife gets the McDonald's high end whatever on the way to work each morning.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by muffin
Love going in there wearing my Trump hat and "Smoke a Camel" T shirt. Fun to watch the lesbos and girly men scatter like roaches when you hit the light switch.

Never buy anything ----- just grab a handful of napkins, blow my nose, drop em' on the floor and depart.

Larry Root,

That fuggin chitstick.

Good bust Fost.

Just for the record Muffin and muffinman are NOT the same persona....................

Muffinman...... WTF....🤓🤓🤓

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by mart
My last experience with Starbucks was in the San Fransisco airport after getting multiple reroutes because of snow storms. We ended up there in the middle of the night, nothing open on our concourse except a Starbucks. I have never liked them but I needed some coffee and they were the only option. I asked the thoroughly gender confused individual for a cup of black coffee. It (I still to this day don't know if it was male or female) snarled in its most condescending manner they don't serve plain coffee. I asked what was close. It rolled its eyes and snarled "Americano". Its contempt for hayseed hick, middle aged, white males such as myself was palpable. I paid, $4 or $5 for the coffee and managed to choke down a couple of sips before I threw the disgusting swill in a trash can. Never again.

pretty much what happened to me. Meeting some highschoold classmates at a starbucks. first time and only time. asked for a cup of black coffee. they acted like i was deranged.

LOL, I stop in at Starbucks every now and then. Never had a problem ordering or receiving a plain cup of black coffee. They sell lots of it, it's not an unusual order.

Never had a rude server either, even when my practical joker buddy payed for my coffee and told the server my name was "Dong."

Poor kid had to call out "tall dark roast for Dong," and then listen to my buddy laugh hysterically as he handed it to me.

🤣🤣🤣

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You guys and your stories...
you went into a Starbucks and got ridiculed and or refused, a cup of black coffee??
Something tells me that's not how it went down. At all.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I So the point is, as long as they ain't costing me anything I could give a rip how others spend their money. I will say that looking around me, carrying serious debt seems to be our modern American way of life crazy

I'd go even further, looking around at the folks in my peer group, the general feeling expressed is that they life without debt is impossible: "we'll always have car payments (plural) and a mortgage", and "we don't make enough money to save anything". And they don't see the connection between the two....
It only takes a bit of observation to see that crazy you note. Not caring about how others spend their money seems gracious and freedom-loving but, in actuality, those in the overall group that runs constant debt do cost you something - maybe more than you think. I agree, it can be worrisome to see folks doing that, particularly those you care about, because it causes one to wonder about their future - and ours.

Your peer group comment is an unfortunate reality for some, due to lack of common sense. In this country, in this economy, in this way of life - it is simply nutso to think that you can't make enough money to save some. We married as college students with nothing in savings and very little in the bank account, improved our lot through education and hard work, raised 4 kids and helped them through college/university degrees and into good careers, and we have not had a regular a car payment since 1984. And, no mortgage since 1999. It simply takes a bit of common sense and willingness to postpone some anticipated rewards.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by renegade50
Drink 1 cup of instant a day, 1big tsp sugar, 1level tsp creamer, 3 heaping tsp of Folgers instant , 12 oz of water . Nuke 1 min 15 seconds.

Gorges on hungry man meals, cooks his ribs in the oven because he doesn’t own a grill and drinks instant coffee. It’s all starting to make sense why you hate everyone

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Not as sorry as we are for having to listen to your whiny BS.

You and the friend that suggested you stop by the campfire should both go to Starbucks and hangout with the other whiny liberals.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Clydesdale

You and the friend that suggested you stop by the campfire should both go to Starbucks and hangout with the other whiny liberals.

Damn, LMFAO!

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I like those giant blueberry muffins and an Americano from Starbucks. I must be a hipster. I have a beard and often am seen looking pretty scruffy.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Clydesdale

Ha ha.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Calvin
I like those giant blueberry muffins and an Americano from Starbucks. I must be a hipster. I have a beard and often am seen looking pretty scruffy.

Skinny jeans too?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by muffin

Larry Root,

That fuggin chitstick.

Good bust Fost.

laugh I knew that ;]

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A liberal dose of communism in every cup.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Skinny jeans too?

Not only that, I'm betting man bun.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Skinny jeans too?

Yes. And yes on the man bun.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BossHawg
Originally Posted by renegade50

Gorges on hungry man meals, cooks his ribs in the oven because he doesn’t own a grill and drinks instant coffee. It’s all starting to make sense why you hate everyone

Whats your excuse?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,176
Posts18,484,670
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.