J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Just some comments....

The video we shared was just a tiny bit of the footage. We have more (and better) footage from both inside and outside of the store.

Those aren't white hands you're seeing. They are gloves.

We also have footage of the previous days/weeks/months that may identify the criminals:)

There is an alarm system and it went off.

There is another recent break in that really interests me. It was in Clarksville, TN at Double Tap Tactical. http://fox17.com/news/local/video-c...-stole-30-guns-in-christmas-day-break-in

Just a few miles up from Whittaker's, access to the Audubon Pkwy - west to I-69. Once on I-69 - N/S ?
If the thieves happen to be from the Hopkinsville, KY/ Ft. Campbell, KY/ Clarksville, TN area, south on I-69 and in a relatively short drive time they probably could've been back there by or before daybreak.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I understand a couple of them have been apprehended. True?

Politics is War by Other Means
J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Tyrone
I understand a couple of them have been apprehended. True?

If so, I've not seen anything reported on local news or on Whittaker's Facebook page about it yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There was a garage in my hometown that kept having burglaries. The owner was a snake collector. One day he had the idea to bring in a few rattlesnakes and turn them loose at closing time, putting up signs to that affect.

He did allow some mornings it was not easy to find all the snakes, but it did stop the thieves smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
In the Whittaker video the hands of the perps appear to be ungloved and white boys. At least one of them appears to be white.

You'd think with all of the broken glass he would have left some blood samples.

Hard to tell, but the one wearing the red hoodie walked just like Blacks walk when they're wearing their pants below their azz. He also had on a pair of those boots that they like to wear. Of course, there are quiet a few White trash who act like noggers.

Looked like grey gloves to me. The movements and dress suggests non whites.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
There have been a number of these incidents in our area as well. Kinsey's Outdoors lost 70 guns in November and a shop in Adams County just lost 7 in December. I hope they catch these losers and put them away for a very long time.

Kinseys

Around the area

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Another account with a few more details on the Whittaker's break-in and gun theft reported in their local Owensboro, KY newspaper. How accurate it is, I don't know.

http://www.messenger-inquirer.com/n...b0a5e3b-51de-5c2c-bd48-2d6a7f228fad.html

J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Wonder how law enforcement and even SWAT would go about responding to a gun store break-in, especially one as well stocked with all types of firearms, ammunition, gun powder and tactical gear as Whittaker's always is, and even more so in the pitch black early morning hours, knowing there's a possibility that the intruders could still be inside the store?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just some comments....

The video we shared was just a tiny bit of the footage. We have more (and better) footage from both inside and outside of the store.

Those aren't white hands you're seeing. They are gloves.

We also have footage of the previous days/weeks/months that may identify the criminals:)

There is an alarm system and it went off.

There is another recent break in that really interests me. It was in Clarksville, TN at Double Tap Tactical. http://fox17.com/news/local/video-c...-stole-30-guns-in-christmas-day-break-in

Good luck with getting your property back. I'm looking forward to hearing good news in the not too distant future.

I found it interesting, in the little video on FB that was posted, that they appeared to look at the first case and bypass it for the second and third ones. Not being able to see for sure, but is there small .380 type or revolvers in that case? Seems they were looking for particular "flavors"?

Again, good luck with the recovery and hoping for justice well served.

And thanks again for your great customer service to our gun loving community here,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Find out where Obongo and Eric Holder were last night. I'd start there. We know they are experienced thieves.

Actually I can't think of anything worse than a gun shop being robbed, especially a large one. Trying to go through all the bound books to figure out what is missing. Sorry this happened.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
One of the guns was just recovered in Nashville. It was in the possession of a minor. He’s been detained and they’re transporting him for questioning....

The ball is rolling.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
One of the guns was just recovered in Nashville. It was in the possession of a minor. He’s been detained and they’re transporting him for questioning....

The ball is rolling.

Hope they get them all!

And your guns back.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
true enough. and thankfully for the security measures in position, the thiefs didn't steal any more.

security is so important, as this instance shows.

it could have been oh so much worse.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
That was quick.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
FYI - Glocks, HK’s, Colts, Kimbers and a few other 1911’s in the case with the Colts.

They took the entire Glock cabinet. Unusual, but our Glock inventory was low. Only 25 or so in the case. We had multiples in the back of the pistols on display, but they didn’t venture back there. We had a big day the previous Saturday, I reordered Monday and the orders didn’t land until Wednesday afternoon. 63 guns in total, but the three cabinets would have contained more than double that number had they broke in 24 hours later.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's encouraging.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Another interesting tidbit — the windows were supposed to be the triple laminated security glass per our spec when the building was built. The doors were. They tried breaking the glass there first, but couldn’t get through. Obviously, the windows weren’t what we told the builder we wanted. That’s another conversation...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Another interesting tidbit — the windows were supposed to be the triple laminated security glass per our spec when the building was built. The doors were. They tried breaking the glass there first, but couldn’t get through. Obviously, the windows weren’t what we told the builder we wanted. That’s another conversation...

Sounds like a lawsuit.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

The ball is rolling.

Hopefully, he'll roll on the others.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
That's encouraging.

Perhaps the cops had a good lead? Video or photos or fingerprints?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 25aught6, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 48 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,924
Posts18,518,884
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.