T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DryPowder
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Bristoe
[quote=gitem_12]
Well,...if you want to say that, then say that. But you can't say that America's intent in WW2 was to stifle Communism. America's entry into WW2 enabled Communism.
A bit disingenuous, I think. Yes a valid argument but not doing so would have resulted in who knows what, except of course, the end of this country (and the West) as we know it. What SHOULD have been done, was a full out war in 1919 to crush the commies and help the White Russians, but after WWI, nobody had the stones. Kinda like today and for example Iran. We should have invaded and crushed them a long time ago and pretty soon it will be too late. Such is the danger of isolationists.
What's your thoughts on Patton?

"I am frankly opposed to this war criminal stuff. It is not cricket and is Semitic."

- General George S. Patton

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Some of y'all are so quick to argue about the Holocaust that you're missing the point, which is not only freedom of speech, but freedom of thought itself. We have entered into the Orwellian, enabled by technology. Few get it.

my point earlier.

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I thought we ran the Nazis out of Germany?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 1minute
I thought we all had the right to be stupid and openly display the fact as well.

Not if your stupidity causes harm to someone else.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DryPowder
[quote=gitem_12]
Well,...if you want to say that, then say that. But you can't say that America's intent in WW2 was to stifle Communism. America's entry into WW2 enabled Communism.

A bit disingenuous, I think. Yes a valid argument but not doing so would have resulted in who knows what, except of course, the end of this country (and the West) as we know it. What SHOULD have been done, was a full out war in 1919 to crush the commies and help the White Russians, but after WWI, nobody had the stones. Kinda like today and for example Iran. We should have invaded and crushed them a long time ago and pretty soon it will be too late. Such is the danger of isolationists.

What's your thoughts on Patton?

As a military leader or his political outlook? (Liked him all the way)

Didn't he want to go after Russia and finish the job?

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I thought we all had the right to be stupid and openly display the fact as well.

Your stupidity causes my head to hurt every time I mistakenly read on of your posts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Are your feelers hurt? Is that the harm you speak of?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Eisenhower was a far seeing genius to foresee that the genocide would be denied many years in the future. He did all he could to make sure as many people as possible saw it.

Wrong. What Ike saw was a total clusterfuck that’s typical on the losing side of any long drawn out major war, ie., lots of dead people (not just Jews) who died in horrible conditions from disease and starvation. He found no homicidal gas chambers and no systematic extermination program. If he did, no questions would remain and there would be no need to criminalize the normal processes of historical inquiry.

Hawkeye's line of thinking has made me see that not only is the Holocaust undoubtedly a hoax, the American Civil War never ever happened, either. It is all part of a deep and sinister plot to sow racial discontent. Everybody who thinks they had an ancestor fight in the Civil War is either mistaken or under mind control. The battlefields you think you have visited are all little more than movie sets. Civil War "artifacts" are being manufactured in sweatshops in SE Asia even as we speak.

I am also going to have to change my mind about the moon landing, germ theory of disease/immunizations, flouride in water, and whether the earth goes around the sun.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Begs the question: who was the unlucky Jew that drew the short straw and had to tattoo every remaining one of them ?

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by utah708
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Eisenhower was a far seeing genius to foresee that the genocide would be denied many years in the future. He did all he could to make sure as many people as possible saw it.

Wrong. What Ike saw was a total clusterfuck that’s typical on the losing side of any long drawn out major war, ie., lots of dead people (not just Jews) who died in horrible conditions from disease and starvation. He found no homicidal gas chambers and no systematic extermination program. If he did, no questions would remain and there would be no need to criminalize the normal processes of historical inquiry.

Hawkeye's line of thinking has made me see that not only is the Holocaust undoubtedly a hoax, the American Civil War never ever happened, either. It is all part of a deep and sinister plot to sow racial discontent. Everybody who thinks they had an ancestor fight in the Civil War is either mistaken or under mind control. The battlefields you think you have visited are all little more than movie sets. Civil War "artifacts" are being manufactured in sweatshops in SE Asia even as we speak.

On the other hand, maybe the Southern American states should have their own Holocaust museum and remembrance days to perpetually call attention to the Reconstruction.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

On the other hand, maybe the Southern American states should have their own Holocaust museum and remembrance days to perpetually call attention to the Reconstruction.

Right. A proper lesson from Civil War history is that history is written by a war's victors.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes he did but after the German defeat, it was an unrealistic policy. What should have happened is what the German (Valkyrie) Generals wanted, for us in the Western Front to basically stop, thus enabling the Germans to move all their forces East and check the Russian advance, thus keeping most of Europe on this side of what was to become the Iron Curtain. A realistic line would/could have been the Oder Niesse line as East Prussia was just too far over. But, could we trust the Germans?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks jorgel. Your response is usually factual and presented with a even keel, that's something I respect and enjoy reading.

BTW, my favorite quote from you was the SWFA vs Leupold VX-6 thread.

Oh God.

That's a classic

Last edited by DryPowder; 02/07/18.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
What I take from this thread so far

1 Hawkeye had some very quick KOTY competition

2 Hawkeye, realizing he had to step up his game reached deep down to come up with some really kooky shift

Subsequently securing the KOTY lead thus far

I'd say you nailed it.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
But, could we trust the Germans?
Well,....the American leadership at that time was well aware of the situation with the Bolshevik Revolution and also with Stalin's Great Purge. Trust couldn't have played much of a part in any of it.

In fact, the more you look into it, the more it seems that entering the war in Europe was a no-win situation for America.

America certainly didn't benefit from the creation of the Soviet Union,....and America's entry into the war in Europe enabled it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Indeed it is.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, the Germans declared war on US. Remember that. My "trust the Germans" you (again as you are prone to do) took it out of context. It was addressing the notion that had we "pulled punches" enabling the bulk of the Wehrmacht to turn east and stall the Soviet advance, thereby allowing us and the Brits to capture and hold as much of europe and had nothing to do with trusting the Germans per se. Let's face it, Roosevelt was a closet-commie with an extremely benign view of communism and thought we could all be living in peace after the defeat of the Axis, which of course was nonsense that gave us fifty plus years of "Cold War". NOBODY benefited from the creation of the USSR, ergo my posit of invading it after WWI ended to crush them then.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Lolol....you southerners, innocent in your intentions and ignorant in your recollections are poor victims of your own actions. If you didn’t want to get your ass kicked then you shouldn’t have started a war you were destined to lose. Comparing the south’s loss in the civil war to the holocaust would be funny if it wasn’t such a pathetic attempt at moral relativism and victimhood. Ain’t nobody that does victimization like a southerner, black or white you guys are pros at playing the victim.

Losers never like to lose and winners often find it hard to forgive those that committed atrocities against them. You southerners that are still sour from the ass whooping of 150 years ago are akin to the blacks you enslaved that now cry for reparations and retribution.

With all the crowd funding sites and considering how important your loss is I’d think you should start a “Go fund me” for your civil war holocaust museum. You should have enough money inside of a week if so many southerners feel left out of being remembered as victims.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Hasn't anyone on the 'Fire met a person or persons that were in a concentration camp with the number tattooed on their forearm?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

341 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 48 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,844
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.