Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I don’t recall US finding out that Hitler died in Argentina as you claim.

I have seen tow or three of those "Hunting Hitler" shows and they have not proved where or how he died,

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew what Jorge was thinking, but I was just going by the Black part of Bristoes post.

Also.... would Germany have been so quick to jump on the Jap train if the U S had NOT been aiding England for a couple of years? I think not.

Now.... as far as Nazis...... I have no use for them at all. Matter of fact, I don’t care for Germans in general. Bob,aka Kaywoodie, is an exception to that, as are a lot of my Texan/ German friends and hunting pards.

My distaste for Jews and for Germans have the same root....... a love of organization.

I’m a Tribal Oriented Guy.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Some of y'all are so quick to argue about the Holocaust that you're missing the point, which is not only freedom of speech, but freedom of thought itself. We have entered into the Orwellian, enabled by technology. Few get it.

THAT is the whole point of this. The Holocaust is a secondary issue altogether. This is simply the tyranny of liberation going beyond control and beyond actual ideals of liberation. The Nazis are back; they're now the enlightened Left.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did they declare war, before, at the same time, or after, the U S sent aid to England.

Obviously the answer is “ AFTER “, so Bristoe is correct.

maybe this will take:
US started sending aid to Great Britain shortly after Sept of 1939. They were at war with Germany, including the fall of France, Dunkirk and the Battle of Britain and Germany had not declared war. December 7th 1941 (ring a bell? it was Pearl Harbor). The US declares war on Japan on December 8th, 1941 and on December 11th, Germany declares war on the US. Use a calendar or even google and find the documents if it helps...

Last edited by jorgeI; 02/08/18.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Bristoe posted that Germany entered the war *after* the US sent aid to Britain.

Not *because* the US sent aid to Britain.

IC B2

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I don’t recall US finding out that Hitler died in Argentina as you claim.

Was I the only one who got the memo? smile

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Bristoe
[
I said that England and France declared war on Germany and that Germany declared war on America after America started sending military aid to England and France.

That's fact.

I'm not wrong.

The United States started sending arms & supplies to England soon after Sept of 1939 and Germany declared war on the United States on December 10th, 1941

That's what I said.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
They've all passed on now, but I had quite a few in laws who lived in Poland during the German occupation during WW2. There was definitely no love lost between the Poles and the Germans before, during, or after the war. But in all of the accounts my old in laws related to me, there was never any mention of the Germans going out of their way to mistreat the Poles during the occupation.

My Polish father in law was taken captive and was a POW under the Germans. At first he was in a typical POW camp and it was hard times just because the POW's got fed last. Eventually, he was transferred to a German work farm which was owned by a civilian farm couple but managed by the German government. He was trimmed down from lack of proper food the day he arrived at the work farm and the farm wife took one look at him and said, "er ist krank!",...then sat him down at the table and fed him a good meal. He remained at the work farm for the entirety of the war and never had anything to say about how he was mistreated. I'm sure it wasn't a pic-nik, but essentially, he got up in the morning, went to work, was fed, clothed, and basically treated like a human being.

His sister remained in Poland during the occupation and once told me about how she would ride her bicycle around the countryside looking for food to supplement what they were rationed. The Germans had posted a check point at the entry to the town where she lived,...easy duty, obviously.

She said she was riding her bicycle back into town one day and the Germans at the checkpoint stopped her and asked her if she was smuggling anything into town.

She said, "Yes I am,...I've got a ham here (patted one side of her butt) and I have a ham here (patted the other side of her butt) and honey up here" (patted her crotch).

She said the Germans had a good laugh and waved her through.

I only tell about this because there's been a lot of talk about how the Germans considered the Slavik race to be inferior and planned to exterminate it.

I have a *lot* of doubt about that. I sat and listened to a lot of accounts about the German occupation of Poland and I never heard anything about the Germans raping and pillaging the population or of any behavior that would indicate that the Germans had plans to exterminate them.

Obviously,...Poles are Slavik, but from the first hand accounts I've heard, it doesn't sound like the Germans had any intention of practicing genocide against the Slavik race.

Also,...my Polish In Laws made it clear during many conversations that they didn't like the Germans *or* the Jews. From the way they talked, it was simply understood why and nobody questioned the matter.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I guess you missed the part where Hitler ordered his army to destroy all of Warsaw before they retreated, and they did.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A good example of why you don't go to someone else's house and start schitting on the kitchen table.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
They've all passed on now, but I had quite a few in laws who lived in Poland during the German occupation during WW2. There was definitely no love lost between the Poles and the Germans before, during, or after the war. But in all of the accounts my old in laws related to me, there was never any mention of the Germans going out of their way to mistreat the Poles during the occupation.

My Polish father in law was taken captive and was a POW under the Germans. At first he was in a typical POW camp and it was hard times just because the POW's got fed last. Eventually, he was transferred to a German work farm which was owned by a civilian farm couple but managed by the German government. He was trimmed down from lack of proper food the day he arrived at the work farm and the farm wife took one look at him and said, "er ist krank!",...then sat him down at the table and fed him a good meal. He remained at the work farm for the entirety of the war and never had anything to say about how he was mistreated. I'm sure it wasn't a pic-nik, but essentially, he got up in the morning, went to work, was fed, clothed, and basically treated like a human being.

His sister remained in Poland during the occupation and once told me about how she would ride her bicycle around the countryside looking for food to supplement what they were rationed. The Germans had posted a check point at the entry to the town where she lived,...easy duty, obviously.

She said she was riding her bicycle back into town one day and the Germans at the checkpoint stopped her and asked her if she was smuggling anything into town.

She said, "Yes I am,...I've got a ham here (patted one side of her butt) and I have a ham here (patted the other side of her butt) and honey up here" (patted her crotch).

I only tell about this because there's been a lot of talk about how the Germans considered the Slavik race to be inferior and planned to exterminate it.

I have a *lot* of doubt about that. I sat and listened to a lot of accounts about the German occupation of Poland and I never heard anything about the Germans raping and pillaging the population or of any behavior that would indicate that the Germans had plans to exterminate them.

Obviously,...Poles are Slavik, but from the first hand accounts I've heard, it doesn't sound like the Germans had any intention of practicing genocide against the Slavik race.

Also,...my Polish In Laws made it clear during many conversations that they didn't like the Germans *or* the Jews. From the way they talked, it was simply understood why and nobody questioned the matter.

Oought oh................you are outside the narrative. shocked

Nice post Bristoe. I have heard similar stories and opposing ones. Makes one wonder. crazy

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by K22

Nice post Bristoe. I have heard similar stories and opposing ones. Makes one wonder. crazy

Anti-German war propaganda simply got absorbed into the history books after the war, as history, in order to justify the carrying out of the Morgenthau Plan.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
By and large the German troops were good and disciplined soldiers. The basic German soldier wasn’t much different than an American soldier and they suffered from bad seeds which is simply a product of the human condition. The normal German soldier wasn’t anymore or less sadistic than an American soldier under the same stresses and conditions although many people in Europe much preferred the Americans to the Germans and both were preferable to the Russians who were known to be brutally uncaring and very prone to rape and other sexual crimes on the civilian populace. There’s no comparison between the “typical” German soldier and those that became infamous in their brutality at the camps. It took a special kind of evil to perpetrate the horrors upon innocent women, children, infants and other non-combatants that were carried out in the camps. Most rank and file Germans knew little to nothing about what was happening in the camps or even that they existed.

Regarding the actual topic of this thread, it’s ridiculous that one could be arrested, prosecuted and sentenced to prison for their denial of the holocaust but free speech to liberals is only free if they agree with your opinion.

The lend-lease program started about 1941 and was an attempt on our part to not be overtly involved and drawn into another war in Europe but at the same time help our allies fight tyranny.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1937-1945/lend-lease

Though President Roosevelt wanted to provide assistance to the British, both American law and public fears that the United States would be drawn into the conflict blocked his plans. The Neutrality Act of 1939 allowed belligerents to purchase war materiel from the United States, but only on a “cash and carry” basis. The Johnson Act of 1934 also prohibited the extension of credit to countries that had not repaid U.S. loans made to them during World War I—which included Great Britain. The American military opposed the diversion of military supplies to the United Kingdom. The Army’s Chief of Staff, General George C. Marshall, anticipated that Britain would surrender following the collapse of France, and thus American supplies sent to the British would fall into German hands. Marshall and others therefore argued that U.S. national security would be better served by reserving military supplies for the defense of the Western Hemisphere. American public opinion also limited Roosevelt’s options. Many Americans opposed involving the United States in another war. Even though American public opinion generally supported the British rather than the Germans, President Roosevelt had to develop an initiative that was consistent with the legal prohibition against the granting of credit, satisfactory to military leadership, and acceptable to an American public that generally resisted involving the United States in the European conflict.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did they declare war, before, at the same time, or after, the U S sent aid to England.

maybe this will take:
US started sending aid to Great Britain shortly after Sept of 1939. They were at war with Germany, including the fall of France, Dunkirk and the Battle of Britain and Germany had not declared war. December 7th 1941 (ring a bell? it was Pearl Harbor). The US declares war on Japan on December 8th, 1941 and on December 11th, Germany declares war on the US. Use a calendar or even google and find the documents if it helps...

Considering that I was BORN ON DEC 8, 1941, your history lesson was wasted on me.

Looks like you finally got what I was angling at....... the difference between “after” and “ due to”, or “ because of “.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by K22

Anti-German war propaganda simply got absorbed into the history books after the war, as history, in order to justify the carrying out of the Morgenthau Plan.

Good time to bring that up, TRH.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

maybe this will take:

Considering that I was BORN ON DEC 8, 1941, your history lesson was wasted on me.

Looks like you finally got what I was angling at....... the difference between “after” and “ due to”, or “ because of “.

So, if we follow your analogy, you were born on December 8th, 1941 and the Germans declared war after you were born, does that mean the same thing as in cause and effect or did Bristoe just throw those dates out there for the hell of it and not as cause and effect? Anyway and I realize English is my second language, but even to me, the statement clearly implied cause and effect, but I'll defer to you native speakers to pick the flyshitoutout of pepper. Cheers

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by K22

Once again, kookery trumps reality. While there is no doubt, Bristoe's anecdote rings true and to support this, it is a historical fact most Slavs welcomed the Germans as liberators, it was the Nazis through the SS (not Waffen) and Gestapo's brutality that turned them from supporters to rabid partisans. Then of course there are historical facts, like the obliteration of Warsaw (and again repeated in Rotterdam) AFTER the Germans had secured victory .

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by K22

Once again, kookery trumps reality. While there is no doubt, Bristoe's anecdote rings true and to support this, it is a historical fact most Slavs welcomed the Germans as liberators, it was the Nazis through the SS (not Waffen) and Gestapo's brutality that turned them from supporters to rabid partisans. Then of course there are historical facts, like the obliteration of Warsaw (and again repeated in Rotterdam) AFTER the Germans had secured victory .

Well,....maybe,...but more French than Slavs welcomed the Germans. Many French were in the Waffen SS,...and during the occupation, the Germans lived among the French pretty much as locals.

The Germans who manned the outposts in Normandy regularly ate at French restaurants and dated the local women. More than a few of them fathered families with the French women.

WW2 wasn't as black and white as history would have you to believe.

In much of Europe it was very grey.

Easy to understand once you realize what was going on with the Bolsheviks next door in Russia.

The *aware* Europeans understood that it needed to be kept out of Europe.

Germany took a stand against it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Here's what it is. (get ready for the knashing of teeth and the tearing of hair)

Jews were the foundation of the Communist Bolshevik revolution in Russia. Everybody in positions of authority knew that. FDR knew it,...Churchill knew it,...Hitler knew it,....Stalin was obviously right in the middle of it.

It's all been sent down the memory hole these days. But it was in Europe's face back during the early part of the 20th century. It wasn't a secret back then.

Once you internalize that,..WW2 makes much more sense,....well,..except for the part America decided to take in it.

I'll never understand why FDR and Churchill decided to take the Bolshevik side of the squabble.

I suspect that they thought it would be easier to deal with the Bolsheviks than it would be to deal with a German based empire.

I think history has proven them wrong.

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,930
Posts18,518,934
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.