Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Dicks is about the last place I'd go for anything gun related anyway.

Right behind Walmart, who also apparently quit selling AR15's.
No kidding, I've been in 1 Dicks Sporting Goods store and their gun section wasn't even worth looking at, lame is an understatement, There are a lot better places to spend ones hard earned dollars.

I've gotta pile on this one.
I went to look at centerfire ammunition and my choices were limited to 3.
30-06, 300 Win Mag, 30-30
Weakest store I've even been in.
First and only visit to Dicks.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Dicks is about the last place I'd go for anything gun related anyway.

Right behind Walmart, who also apparently quit selling AR15's.

But still sells mini 14s... oh yes, I still hate Bill also...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Now Wal-Mart announced today that they won't sell firearms to anyone under 21, I see.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods today on the way home from work. Just felt the need to let them know they've lost my business. The manager obviously had a script ready to deal with folks like me. She claims all comments will be funneled up the chain of command to Corporate. Vote with your wallets guys. Never go back. Let 'em know about it too.

You should have filled up 2 carts over the brim, with items from each department.

Get in the check-out, yank out your wallet, and loudly ask the cashier where do they keep the AR's.

After she replies to the negative... raise your hands up in disbelief and walk straight out.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never even seen one let alone shopped at Dicks.

Doesn't sound like I've missed much.

I would ask if someone's updating the 24hour boycott list but I'm pretty sure that went out the window the day of the Super Bowl.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Dick's was always socks and jocks anyway. I did find some .22 ammo about 5 years ago, when no one else had any, at a fair price. That was the last time I was in there. Frankly, even K-Mart stores had better selections most of the time. If you want a Remington 770, or a Savage Axis, they are the place to go, IF there's a sale on. That's about the extent of their selections, most of the time.

They ARE well-named, but that's no reason to visit their business. I won't be back, ever. Mealy-mouthed snakes won't get my business, either. Like Gander Mountain, without the charm.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buddy of mine told me that lesbians have been boycotting them for years. When I asked why, he just said; " because they don't like Dick's". .... ( that's an old one but I figured it could get revived in light of recent events).

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
They did this same crap after SandyHook

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have two of them in Omaha and I've never spent a dime in either one. I have been in one of them, but was not impressed. We also have Scheel's, Cabela's and Bass Pro. They're the ones that get my business.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
The last few times I've walked into Dick's, I didn't even make it back in to the gun section. They do have a nice golf section. Thinking about buying a set of clubs this fall.

Gunwise, all I ever saw was the same boring price point crap available everywhere else and some cheap AR's (back when they had them).
Now that the cheap AR market is in the crapper (and likely to stay there), Son of Dick decides to try to make an extra buck off townies and soccer moms by exploiting an already bad situation.

Think I'll buy my clubs elsewhere. Bet a lot of folks do...................

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I stopped shopping there after Sandy Hook.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Don’t know what one looks like from the outside or from the inside, just the name alone.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Email Dicks, let them know your thoughts. Their email is: PRESSDCSG.COM
Wednesday, February 28, 2018

We at DICK’S Sporting Goods are deeply disturbed and saddened by the tragic events in Parkland. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims and their loved ones.

But thoughts and prayers are not enough.

We have tremendous respect and admiration for the students organizing and making their voices heard regarding gun violence in schools and elsewhere in our country.

We have heard you. The nation has heard you.

We support and respect the Second Amendment, and we recognize and appreciate that the vast majority of gun owners in this country are responsible, law-abiding citizens. But we have to help solve the problem that’s in front of us. Gun violence is an epidemic that’s taking the lives of too many people, including the brightest hope for the future of America – our kids.

Following all of the rules and laws, we sold a shotgun to the Parkland shooter in November of 2017. It was not the gun, nor type of gun, he used in the shooting. But it could have been.

Clearly this indicates on so many levels that the systems in place are not effective to protect our kids and our citizens.

We believe it’s time to do something about it.

Beginning today, DICK’S Sporting Goods is committed to the following:

We will no longer sell assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles. We had already removed them from all DICK’S stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but we will now remove them from sale at all 35 Field & Stream stores.
We will no longer sell firearms to anyone under 21 years of age.
We will no longer sell high capacity magazines.
We never have and never will sell bump stocks that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire more rapidly.
At the same time, we implore our elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass the following regulations:

Ban assault-style firearms
Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms to 21
Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks
Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms
Close the private sale and gun show loophole that waives the necessity of background checks
We hope others join us in this effort to let our kids know that their pleas are being taken seriously.

Some will say these steps can’t guarantee tragedies like Parkland will never happen again. They may be correct – but if common sense reform is enacted and even one life is saved, it will have been worth it.

We deeply believe that this country’s most precious gift is our children. They are our future. We must keep them safe.

Sincerely,

This is from their webpage:
Media Statements
Wednesday, February 28, 2018

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is a contact for him

[email protected]

They just don't want to piss off all the kids, and their parents, that buy $250 sneakers.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Never cared for Dicks anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
Never cared for Dicks anyway.

Uh huh,

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We have a LGS here that advertises on the radio. They say they have great prices and excellent customer service "because we're not dicks". Love it. My kind of store!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I stopped shopping there after Sandy Hook.

Yep, and when they built the local Field and Stream, I considered them to be Dicks also. grin

And when I saw that F&S sold AR15's, I really lost them. Heck, I can respect someone not wanting to sell guns, their honest choice.

But, to make huge $$$ selling AR's, then play politics and do a public relations scam condemning what you profited from.
Then, opening a new store selling that which you condemned. HIPOCRACY. Wait, now they are condemning AR's again!!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Dick's is where the city slickers go to buy their stuff.

Really??
All this [bleep] going down and you want to throw a wedge between outdoorsman.
Yea I am a city slicker and I buy where ever I can find the best deal. Just because they don’t have large sporting goods stores in some rural areas doesn’t mean the rest of us need to not buy what is available near us. For the record I don’t generally shop at Dicks but if they had a deal on something I wanted I wouldn’t think twice to stepping up to the plate.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods today on the way home from work. Just felt the need to let them know they've lost my business. The manager obviously had a script ready to deal with folks like me. She claims all comments will be funneled up the chain of command to Corporate. Vote with your wallets guys. Never go back. Let 'em know about it too.

You should have filled up 2 carts over the brim, with items from each department.

Get in the check-out, yank out your wallet, and loudly ask the cashier where do they keep the AR's.

After she replies to the negative... raise your hands up in disbelief and walk straight out.

Wish we had one locally... I would do that!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1936M71, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,672
Posts18,493,793
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.