Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
A preview pane of the original post would be nice, many other forums utilize that option...not sure what that entails for the IT Mod.

If I was the Mod I would know that to simply click in and click out would be much less work than restructuring the forum, wouldn't you?

It's really hard to believe all the ridiculous complaints this forum draws, not only from new folks but from many others, too.

A lot of the issue the OP is complaining about lies in perspective, and some titles are hyped and are absurd on their face which is meant to be sarcasm. Bit as mentioned above, just how long does it take to click in and out. Maybe 5 seconds if you scan content and find it lacking? Just how much does that impact one's quality of life? If the answer is anything but, it doesn't, seek help.

I find it interesting that so many also make the claim that many others feel the same way they do, even though they have never seen a tread to evidence that contention and no such polls exist. Then they go on to make threats that if this doesn't change, they will just not open that members threads. Oh My! Wow!! Gee Whiz!!! Golly!!!! And last but not least, depending on perspective, the reason for the gripe is largely based in a much needed improvement to an already great site. Kinda like obama saying this is the greatest country in the world, help me change it. grin

But all in all, thanks for posting. I needed a contra-gripe-gripe to round out my week. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Hunters discover this one weird trick to shoot deer at 700 yards (Doctors are speechless)"

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
"Hunters discover this one weird trick to shoot deer at 700 yards (Doctors are speechless)"

LOL

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
This whole thread is pointless but made me laugh .....Hell I thought it said CHICH BAIT almost broke my mouse trying to open it....

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Mike_The_Spike
I'm obviously just a newbie here with only a few postings since last fall. However, in my short tenure I've seen some things that I feel detract from this site. One of them is the frequent use of thread titles that I would label as click bait postings. These are used by a fair number of folks as a methodology to force you to at least click on the posting to see what it's about. I think some folks doing this are just innocently trying to give something a clever title, where as others use this purposely as their default method of presentation. It bugs the [bleep] out of me and I consider it a waste of my time to have to click on these to see what you have to say. To me, this is no different than Pelosi telling me I got to "vote for it before I can read it". Think about it folks............

If you have something interesting to say I would love to read it. It might even pulse my INTJ tendencies enough to reply to it. Please give your thread some kind of title so that I know what it's about or I'm not even reading it. There are enough clearly titled threads here and elsewhere on the net that I'm just scrolling on down past you.

Yeah sure, I'm just a newbie and I should just GTFO if I don't like things. However, I'm simply just trying to improve this great site, nothing more. I'm sure there are a lot of other members who feel the same way.

If you are trying to change the people behavior, or improve the quality of their posts you might as well save your breath, and your sanity. But if you want to continue to pursue this issue I wish you luck.

Last edited by montanabadger; 04/13/18.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
I agree with the OP.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's just da innanet.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Pretty much the ratio of replies I expected. A couple of folks agree. A couple of folks as usual are dammed funny. The majority of folks disagree with some attacking. That's ok, one of the many hats I've worn in my life was as a volunteer firefighter. Still keep some old turnout gear handy for internet grilling. I've been to Chernobyl too in "92" so I can take the best you have to offer.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by larrylee
Originally Posted by deflave
This feels like click bait.

Or a cry baby!

I disagree. The man has a point.

However, in time I think we all learn who has bullshit posts and titles (you know who I mean) and scroll on by.

The OP will likely incorporate this method.

or not

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
A preview pane of the original post would be nice, many other forums utilize that option...not sure what that entails for the IT Mod.

If I was the Mod I would know that to simply click in and click out would be much less work than restructuring the forum, wouldn't you?

Well, sure. If that were the only reason for programming the preview feature (if even possible with ubb).

Also, we ain't got no stinkeen mods.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For a preview, hit the Active Threads link.

Last edited by RickBin; 04/13/18.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The most beautiful Women in the world...Click.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BeanMan
The most beautiful Women in the world...Click.

There, fixed it for you. smile

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by BeanMan
The most beautiful Women in the world...Clit.

There, fixed it for you. smile

Fixt it mo better

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by larrylee
Originally Posted by Mike_The_Spike
I'm obviously just a newbie here with only a few postings since last fall. However, in my short tenure I've seen some things that I feel detract from this site. One of them is the frequent use of thread titles that I would label as click bait postings. These are used by a fair number of folks as a methodology to force you to at least click on the posting to see what it's about. I think some folks doing this are just innocently trying to give something a clever title, where as others use this purposely as their default method of presentation. It bugs the [bleep] out of me and I consider it a waste of my time to have to click on these to see what you have to say. To me, this is no different than Pelosi telling me I got to "vote for it before I can read it". Think about it folks............

If you have something interesting to say I would love to read it. It might even pulse my INTJ tendencies enough to reply to it. Please give your thread some kind of title so that I know what it's about or I'm not even reading it. There are enough clearly titled threads here and elsewhere on the net that I'm just scrolling on down past you.

Yeah sure, I'm just a newbie and I should just GTFO if I don't like things. However, I'm simply just trying to improve this great site, nothing more. I'm sure there are a lot of other members who feel the same way.

This was a great site before you came along!

Oh really, so you are buds with the author of the "should I wipe my ass on Tuesdays" type threads?

Quit being a bitch

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by deflave
This feels like click bait.

Yep; OP = hypocrite!

crazy

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
223AI

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
while I might agree with the OP, as the saying goes"no good deed goes unpunished." whistle

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Anything that has "deflave, Clark or Dave" will draw attention from the masses.

A. Bill

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
while I might agree with the OP, as the saying goes"no good deed goes unpunished." whistle

Its all good M1, the boys are just trying to strut their stuff on the new guy. I'm an old duck hunter so it all just rolls off like a Canvasback......... but it reminded me of this old classic!

Last edited by Mike_The_Spike; 04/13/18.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 1,798 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,102
Posts18,522,368
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.