-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The direction society has gone for the last half a century or so plays heavily into this behavior.
Things and ideas that have been discard, and other that have been accepted as normal, or embraced, it is a very long list indeed.

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Back in the "old days" (pre internet), if something like this happened (say Whitman shooting at UT Austin in 1966) it would eventually fade away. It was hard to access information about it other than to go to a library to look at old newspapers. Now, with the internet and all it brings (search, You tube, etc.) someone with a fascination with mass killings can access an unlimited amount of material. They can research, plan and compare and focus all of your time on your fantasy.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What has changed is the breakdown of the traditional family, lack of respect for authority and i'm afraid it isn't trending in a good direction! God help us!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Peddler
A lot of it has to do with kids being so connected now days. With all the gadgets and with social media, they get too much influence from sources that are really the best sources. For those of you like my age, I grew up with 3 channels on TV, no computers or cell phones, and obviously no Internet. The people who influenced me were family, select friends, coaches, teachers, church etc. Today they get online and their developing minds are influenced by a massively left leaning media and entertainment industry. And in social media, all rules of self control or social decorum immediately go out the window. They're force fed the wrong messages from the wrong people and they live in a virtual world with no standards of behavior.

Well said.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by deflave
There’s no way meds are not connected in some way.

Internet ain’t healthy. I love it, but it has to cause major problems in kids.

Most of these kids don’t have dad’s. You can tie most of this nation’s problems on the feminist movement.

Good luck solving any on these three issues at a significant level.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell...

Multiple reasons and not just one thing.

Worst part is you know there are probably hundreds of screwed up people right now, who are stockpiling and planning on how to do the next one in a bigger and more effective way.

Once the school scene gets to risky, they'll move to the next easy target.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Lonny

Once the school scene gets to risky, they'll move to the next easy target.

The next gun free zone.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
if people would just go out there and get jobs and work, and pay taxes and train their children to do the same, all of this mess wouldn't be happening.

what we've got is corporate america wanting workers, and the kids at home are looking around and wondering what is going on?

i'm not blaming anybody, not the kids, their parents, the schools, the technology companies, nobody is to blame.

what we've got is humans on the earth loose, and running around with the latest technology.

what can be done? well, that's the question for sure. global mega-cities are growing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One thing we can probably all agree on though is that the liberals will continue to blame the gun instead of holding themselves accountable for their massively influential part if this social paradigm shift.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
yes! they will continue to search for the attributes of the problem that encourages or supports the individual lone-wolfs acting out due to discontent or whatever.

they will chip away at the edges of the problem and challenge without ever daring to dig deep into the true cause of the issue.

actually, if they did dig down deep into the heart of the matter, they wouldn't have clue as what to do next.

some radicals might say "cheap oil" is what is causing the overall breakdown, but would that be true?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Prwlr
I think that the zero tolerance rules also have something to do with it. In the "old' days we could sort that bullying out on the play ground, punch to the nose , etc. Today the nose puncher is the "bad" guy/gal and the bully can just sit there smiling. Teachers and administrators are powerless to stop it. There is no discipline in schools. Add to this many of the above mentioned reasons, social media, entitlement mentality, snowflake mentality, parents that are unwilling to cede any power to schools, and/or just plumb crazy, etc. and we have a recipe for tragedy.

Correct.

Also, at an early age kids can detect the freaks and could usually beat it out of them. Now the freaks are held in high esteem.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I believe it is because males (especially white males) have been marginalized for decades now and told everything they do is bad. Then they are told to get in touch with their feelings so they do. After being harassed or bullied long enough all those feelings they are supposed to get in touch with come out. Their thoughts of harming/killing someone for a slight instead of being repressed like men used to do are now on full display for everyone to see.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Harassment and bullying is not new. The modern reactions to it are new. Whatever is shaping these reactions is the problem.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I posted this on another thread:

It ain't about banning guns. It ain't about arming teachers. It starts with these kids. There is so much god damn drama in high school it would make your head spin off your shoulders. EVERYTHING is an issue. Every kid wants attention, be it FB, Instagram, or what ever. My son who is a sophomore say they're called "emo's", short for emotional. LBGTQ+? whatever, bullying, outright freaks all want attention. Couple that with a helicopter mom, cell phones, and social media, add in some psychosis, meds, and the 24 hour news cycle and you've got trouble. All the sudden FB isn't enough and they want national notoriety. Think about it, you know the names of Lamza, Cruz, Kliebold, etc. because CNN has hammered it to death ad nauseaum. Now this greek dickhead will be among them...exactly what he wanted.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Youper
Harassment and bullying is not new. The modern reactions to it are new. Whatever is shaping these reactions is the problem.

I wholeheartedly agree. In fact, I would argue that harassment and bullying used to be MUCH worse. Liberals have attempted to all but outlaw hurting someone's feeling today. You can't say ANYTHING today without pissing someone off within earshot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Youper

I wholeheartedly agree. In fact, I would argue that harassment and bullying used to be MUCH worse. Liberals have attempted to all but outlaw hurting someone's feeling today. You can't say ANYTHING today without pissing someone off within earshot.

In short, outrage is the new rage.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will add

24 hour news cycles. We watched local news and then network news, hour total per day.
Back then, a big story got 10 minutes. Now, a big dang chunk of 2 days.

The exposure attracts these deranged idiots.

Also, all these things posted above, combine to produce mentally unstable people.
In the past, you had people raised without religion, decent values, no daddy, exposure to violence...
but few could check many of those boxes. Today it's common.

It's unbelievable how many kids are being raised by grandparents, the same people who f'd up their parents.
Most I see, aren't doing much better with the second chance.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of it has to do with kids being so connected now days.

But only in an electronic sort of way. You see kids sitting together texting one another. The problem is there is no human "touch", no face to face to see how the words they are "saying" are impacting each other. Much of human interaction relies on non verbal clues. There is a major disconnection on an emotional level.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I will add

24 hour news cycles. We watched local news and then network news, hour total per day.
Back then, a big story got 10 minutes. Now, a big dang chunk of 2 days.

The exposure attracts these deranged idiots.

The media has no conscience, they will do or say anything to make a buck. Guarantees that every "crazy" will have hours and hours of fame.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it we're not a trend, I would just say that crazy people do crazy things. But since IT is a trend, the answer is obvious... attention.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
If it we're not a trend, I would just say that crazy people do crazy things. But since IT is a trend, the answer is obvious... attention.

Thats pretty scary.

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (22kHornet, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 29 invisible), 1,336 guests, and 971 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,094
Posts18,522,176
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.