Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Paddler
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

How do you get from your Fudd gun, a Remington 870, to an AR??

So now you want to classify 870's and revolvers as Class 3 weapons?

Pay attention. Neither 870s nor revolvers accept detachable magazines.

it's someone else who isn't paying attention tonight. But considering all the reviews you've received from patience who claim you didn't pay proper attention to them, you lack of attention to facts in this matter is no surprise.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 05/18/18.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
... the answer is obvious...

The answer is not obvious. If it were, it might be that making schools "gun-free zones" is like naming them "free shooting galleries" for the insane coward.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by deflave
Have you been in a high school lately?

Kinda hard to not want to shoot everyone.

Yep.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Correct. Another loser male and an AR, a very familiar refrain. That's why reclassifying semiautos that accept detachable magazines as Class 3 is the most surgical, least restrictive solution to the problem. Separate these weapons from the losers.

Nope. That's the most popular firearm in the US now. Of the 350 million firearms in private hands, a large portion of them are AR15s. Besides, the left has taken off the masks and admitted they won't settle for anything less than a total gun ban. They can't have mine. Their move.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Debbie Whatzername Schultz said it was the NRA's fault.

And she would be correct about that.

Of course she's wrong. As are you.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Initial reports stated an AR was used.

Has anyone credible verified that?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Pay attention. Neither 870s nor revolvers accept detachable magazines.

it's someone else who isn't paying attention tonight. But considering all the reviews you've received from patience who claim you didn't pay proper attention to them, you lack of attention to facts in this matter is no surprise.

I was at work when I first saw the reports about the shooting which said the shooter used an AR, so was preoccupied with providing excellent health care. It wasn't till I got home and was watching Rachel that I saw the updated info. His choice of weapons was different from the usual assault-type firearm used. I imagine more info will be forthcoming, but I'd guess his parents could bear some responsibility in this event.

Hey, TOTP!

Last edited by Paddler; 05/19/18.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Prwlr
But only in an electronic sort of way. You see kids sitting together texting one another. The problem is there is no human "touch", no face to face to see how the words they are "saying" are impacting each other. Much of human interaction relies on non verbal clues. There is a major disconnection on an emotional level.

That is relatively new when you're comparing generations, but I can remember most of my students having their phones out and already talking with someone before they even left the classroom en rout to their next class. That was 15 years ago. I believe ALL schools should ban the use of "smart" phones except in the case of a real emergency while the kids are in school. If the phone is out and in use the kid loses it until the end of the day. Following the tenets of progressive discipline each infraction by the same kid could end up in expulsion.

They are completely oblivious to what is occurring around them...even mere feet away. They are prime targets for the "knock out game" or a robbery, or getting run down by a cyclist or a motor vehicle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anytime there is a school shooting, or for that matter any kind of tragic event, the news media drop everything they're doing, and rush to the scene, providing non-stop coverage. Sickos see this, and a little light goes off in their head, and they think.......hmmmmmmm, this could me they're talking about, and the next thing you know, it is them that the news is calling the latest killer.

Quit giving these sick basturds publicity, and a lot of them will go away. Also, start holding the parents responsible, and maybe parents will actually begin to pay some attention to their kids, and can see when something is wrong.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Peddler

[quote=logger]Back in the "old days" (pre internet), if something like this happened (say Whitman shooting at UT Austin in 1966) it would eventually fade away. It was hard to access information about it other than to go to a library to look at old newspapers. Now, with the internet and all it brings (search, You tube, etc.) someone with a fascination with mass killings can access an unlimited amount of material. They can research, plan and compare and focus all of your time on your fantasy.

Based on the number IED's I've heard this kid had planned, I will wager he had a major fascination with Columbine.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SurlyBob
All I know is that from the time that I grew up until now that the world has changed, and not for the better. My parents both worked full time to support four kids, but worked opposite shifts to make sure one of them were always home for the kids...show me any modern family that would do the same.

That's how my grandparents did it, on both sides.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Youper
Harassment and bullying is not new. The modern reactions to it are new. Whatever is shaping these reactions is the problem.

Again, this is partly why I mention the internet as being unhealthy. The harassment and bullying never ends. It's like the 24 hour news cycle. There's no reprieve and no break from it at the end of the day or over the weekend or over spring break. Social media never stops and kids don't have the maturity to tune it out and laugh it off.

I'm not saying it should be regulated but there is no way it's not a factor in shaping a teenager's mental health.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by deflave
Based on the number IED's I've heard this kid had planned, I will wager he had a major fascination with Columbine.

Bingo. Right down to the costume.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Infidel,

What was he wearing? I haven't seen much on it this morning.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I just read he wore a trench coat about every day. Also says a second person has been detained.

Gonna be a Columbine reenactment I would wager.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Trenchcoat. He wore it every day including the day of the shooting when it was 90 outside.

Guy mentions it in the first minute...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good points Clark. Good points indeed. Social media is a huge part of every child’s life these days. If they’re odd and being bullied because of it, there’s really no place to run or hide from the bullying.

We overlook genetics quite a bit in these scenarios, but it would seem to me bullying is as deep seated in our genetic makeup as some of our diet needs

We’ve probably always ostracized those that are different from our tribe and either run them off or killed them

I see some progress, I think today’s generations are probably more tolerant to some degree of those with physical or mental disability than mine was but it seems evident it hasn’t disappeared

Heck we see it on here and I’m just as guilty as anyone, I’d just as soon kick the living chit out of a buffoon like Paddler or Northman rather than entertain their form of mental illness, liberalism.

I don’t know what the answers are to this dilemma, but I do know good men discussing probably has the best chance at finding a solution.

Like most serious problems, many may not like what the answers or solutions may be to tough problems

Need to lose weight to prevent a heart attack? Prolly have to give up the cookies and ice cream and exercise. But that doesn’t mean we should ban cookies and ice cream

Want to stop school shootings? Gonna be harder to regulate, but it seems logical to me that we quit allowing our schools to be soft targets until we can get figured out the social ills that contribute to these.

One thing that contributes in a large way in my personal opinion is all the free time kids have, unsupervised free time often it seems

2 generations ago we were largely an agriculture society and most folks worked on their parents or grandparents farm It used up a lot of time and energy hauling water, chopping wood, feeding and tending livestock, seeing the miracle of birth the sadness of death was part of growing up.

I commend you fellows for this discussion, I hope it’s happening across our country and leads to some positive results

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
trench coat with nazi pins. ya if i was that kids parents, i would have made sure the guns were locked up, hell, i keep all my guns locked up and my wife and i are the only ones who know the combos and my kids are normal, well adjusted rednecks.

theres a common theme with most of these. out of touch parents or guardians who don't keep their guns locked up.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
In my opinion the blaming of parents without any knowledge of them is knee-jerk and without cause. It's simple to say but kids hide lots of schit from their parents and they do it successfully.

I did it. My brother did it. My friends did it. And it's certainly possible that this kid did it as well.

The Columbine shooters were portrayed as creepy and goth and outcasts but the reality is that they were relatively popular and well liked going into the year of the shooting. The "trench coat mafia" thing was also largely exaggerated by the media. It was more of stupid inside joke than anything else.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 6mmbrfan, 9 invisible), 996 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,123
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.