-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 68 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 67 68
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey...back on page 4 you were shooting grouse in the men's room .....now.....how you plan to outdo that down in swampland?

I work harder than a ugly stripper....

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
they have canals down in floridey to drain the wetlands to allow residential construction.

draining forestland to allow the planting of forests is no longer allowed.

what florida needs is more people, more tax-payers, more traffic.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
There’s plenty of great things to do down there. In particular the fishing and diving. That said , I had hoped it was a joke you were moving to Homestead. Whatever you do don’t send your kids to public schools down there. I’m not joking about this at all. Whatever it takes time keep them out of those cesspools !

If I live there it will be private schools. I understand it has rough parts.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by deflave
Hey jorge,

I hate to break this to you but you can have swamp ass when it's -30. All it takes is 20 IPA's the night prior.

IPAs? rather have swamp ass...

You Cuban fugk.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Hey...back on page 4 you were shooting grouse in the men's room .....now.....how you plan to outdo that down in swampland?

Wait and see, ass hat. Just wait and see.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
There’s plenty of great things to do down there. In particular the fishing and diving. That said , I had hoped it was a joke you were moving to Homestead. Whatever you do don’t send your kids to public schools down there. I’m not joking about this at all. Whatever it takes time keep them out of those cesspools !

If I live there it will be private schools. I understand it has rough parts.

as the lone eagles go, why does one have to actually "live" anywhere in this day and age?

i mean, we've got computers, the internet, rapid fire communications all over the place thanks to technology.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Gus,

If you could confine your babbling, drug induced, bullschit to your own threads that would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Dave

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
ouch! that was a thorn in my side, and i felt it. so, lone eagles need to fly close to a food source. i understand that my friend. and i do hope the best for you and your clan.

on this forum, mine and your threads seems to be intermingled, at least to a degree?

i wish you the best. and best regards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whats the boat plan? You ain't got a hair on your ass if you don't have a boat plan.

NuCanoe will rock a lot of the canals and shallows. Gonna need a decent sized bay boat though. I'd look in the 22-24' range. Lots of boats in that range draft plenty shallow and will still get you out a bit on nice days.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Whats the boat plan? You ain't got a hair on your ass if you don't have a boat plan.

NuCanoe will rock a lot of the canals and shallows. Gonna need a decent sized bay boat though. I'd look in the 22-24' range. Lots of boats in that range draft plenty shallow and will still get you out a bit on nice days.

I'll be buying a flats style in the 20+ range. Used market looks pretty good down there based on what I've looked at.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I could live part time in the panhandle or Alabama gulf coast and spend my days fishing.

I'm reasonably sure that you won't be bored and look forward to pictures of your new adventures.

Are the kids (and wife) excited for the move?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best of luck with the move. I've lived in the South and often want to move back. Matter of fact I just rented a place in NC a couple weeks ago and backed out on it. I couldn't take the summer heat when I was there and I don't have any reason to believe anything has changed.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
North Carolina thanks you. Grins.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by atvalaska

Wait and see, ass hat. Just wait and see.

Teaser...

[Linked Image]

Choot’em ‘Ravis! Choot’em!!!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
North Carolina thanks you. Grins.

Why would that be? I lived there before and didn't have any trouble?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Travis already knows this, so this PSA is for any High Liners that visit him in his new digs.

Gators live in every fresh body of water in FL bigger than a ditch. Gators are not really dangerous, but there are some things you don't do around them. This will seem self evident to many, but every year someone from up north makes these mistakes, and pays the price.

Don't let your small kids or dogs play in the edge of the water, especially at dusk and dawn. Don't swim with Bull Gators during the rut. If you play golf, don't stick your hand in the water without taking a good look.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/...tor-resort-beach/7K9ANgo0mCraKVYAtfBHBK/

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...acks-kills-75-pound-dog-in-st-petersburg

https://golfweek.com/2017/02/12/florida-golfer-75-uses-golf-club-to-thwart-alligator-attack/

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
When swimming w/ bull gators during the rut is the prime risk getting raped, eaten or both. Never mind, there is no good option.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hell with that!

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Re: Schools.... i dunno how much choice there was in BFE Montana where you was.

Not every public school in the ‘burbs will suck. The best general predictor of the decency of a student body is how much money their parents make, as in if you are still poor in America after a couple of generations you prob’ly suck at parenting too. I assume you ain’t renting a house in tha ‘hood. Public elementary schools tend to be smaller and local, reflecting the neighborhoods they serve. After you have a sense of your neighbors, ask the ones with kids what they think of that school.

The most spendy private school in San Antonio is Keystone, prob’ly about $15,000 per year per kid, elementary, middle and high school. Class size about 15 students per teacher or less. Most of them kids are decent, some snotty rich kids with snotty rich kid problems, but for the most part the college-bound kids of successful professional parents.

I dunno tho that Keystone High kids do any better academically or in life than the kids at Health Careers High School, a magnet public school campus on the upscale north side of this city, certainly they are neck and neck in any academic contest ya can measure. Health Careers is competitive to get in and most of those kids have successful professional parents too. The biggest difference is the Health Careers parents have an extra $60,000 dollars to take their kids to Botswana on a safari when they graduate.

On the poor side of town the Young Women’s Leadership Academy is a rising star on the local academic scene. Again a public magnet high school that is very competitive to get into. Some of them kids are accomplishing great things. Some of their kids bested even Keystone kids recently.

If I were gonna send any kid to private school it would be middle school, the attitudes they bring out of middle school seem to stay with em for life. But beware, a private school can suck too.

Mostly, wherever a kid goes, it’s all on the parents, you wanna contact your kid’s teachers so often they find you a PITA, that’s your job as a parent.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 06/05/18.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 24 of 68 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1badf350, 160user, 1941USMC, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,384
Posts18,506,743
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.