Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 48 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 47 48
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't need reasons, I don't care if it was your first run or your dog died that morning. All I would need is ' We fugged up, thank you for telling us about it. We will send replacements and a return shipping label.'

I don't care about any other customer but me. I dislike deflection

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can't win with a narcissist. Google it. I wasn't kidding when I said it's a good lesson and it's pretty much to take away from any BS thread/post. Yeah, he knows some stuff and so do a lot of other people.

It is what it is...and isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steely, Peterson can’t get Sticks shipping address. I offered to help. Can’t ship into thin air....But, I get your meaning. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DerekP
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by GregW
Yeah - my take home is Peterson was not represented well here in any way, product nor support. The bumbling explanation by the president was a bad move...

Greg,
I'm still here. Just observing. I don't understand why you made that comment. We tried to reason with Larry, work with him, and replace his product for free including shipping. As for the explanation I gave, how would you go about reasoning and trying to explain a topic to someone who everytime you mention something he goes on a 3 page rant. He didn't want an answer, he wants a problem. If you or anyone have any genuine questions, I would be more than happy to answer them, I'm just out in the shop keeping an eye on the machinery.

I take it that the company you work for is family owned, I ask as you do not seem to be a quick learner.

I figured Larry had logged off, so cooler heads might prevail if I tried to answer any remaining questions. This whole thing has just been really strange. We have sold millions of casings over the past 3 years, and never had a complaint like Larry's. We have tens of thousands of customers, many setting world records and winning matches with our products. Pretty much everyone who shoots a Cheytac in the USA or the world shoots our brass because of our quality. Hell, Derek Rogers won king of 2 mile with our brass just last year. (He got beat this year by a 416 Barrett). We've never seen any complaints with pictures like the ones Larry took. That is one of the main reasons I wanted to replace his brass, besides it being the right thing to do. Just to get a closer look at them with my own eyes. But either way, I don't want to fight a battle I can't win.

Ok, let us put this in context so that you may have some slight inkling as what you are dealing with.

If you have ever watched one of those yankee pawn or picker shows you will note that most of the nitwits have a silly hairdo, idiotic colourful tats, and particularly gay face hair of some description. It doesn't mean these individuals are inherently stupid or wilful, it does mean that you have espied their perceived "hook", that thing they think makes them stand out from the crowd.

Stick is definitely not stupid, but he is wilful and dismissive with a tendency to ignore any opinion or experience other than his own. Now he doesn't do this as a result of his nature, he does it as he thinks it is his "hook", and for the very same reason the other dills do...he thinks it sets him apart from the crowd.

It does, it makes him an absolute pain in the arse to deal with...but if you can get him to shut his yap for just a moment or two you will get to peruse some of the best country and photography you will ever see.

Unfortunately for you he sees you as an opportunity to shew just how beneath him your products are, which is why he will continue to ridicule and deride you and your products instead of conversing with you in a meaningful manner to remedy the situation.

Basically if you want or expect common sense or courtesy you are [bleep].

Oh...and..."hint".

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Greg nailed it....You suck up the hit from a pissy customer however whacked out the bitch complaint is...You try to get a shipping address for replacement brass and then some extras to show you give a schit, and that’s it. If you can’t get the shipping information from the angry customer. You leave it as a standing option for the future should the pissed customer calm down and ask for replacement brass....The major fugg up in my opinion was Bens first email to Stick in the form of a Snowflake reply...Horse was outta the door and barn ablaze after that....😎

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Greg nailed it....You suck up the hit from a pissy customer however whacked out the bitch complaint is...You try to get a shipping address for replacement brass and then some extras to show you give s schit, and that’s it. If you can’t get the shipping information from the angry customer. You leave it as a standing option for the future should the pissed customer calm down and ask for replacement brass....The major fugg up in my opinion was Bens first email to Stick in the form of a Snowflake reply...Horse was outta the door and barm ablaze after that....😎

Succinctly put.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by GregW
Yeah - my take home is Peterson was not represented well here in any way, product nor support. The bumbling explanation by the president was a bad move...

Greg,
I'm still here. Just observing. I don't understand why you made that comment. We tried to reason with Larry, work with him, and replace his product for free including shipping. As for the explanation I gave, how would you go about reasoning and trying to explain a topic to someone who everytime you mention something he goes on a 3 page rant. He didn't want an answer, he wants a problem. If you or anyone have any genuine questions, I would be more than happy to answer them, I'm just out in the shop keeping an eye on the machinery.

I take it that the company you work for is family owned, I ask as you do not seem to be a quick learner.

I figured Larry had logged off, so cooler heads might prevail if I tried to answer any remaining questions. This whole thing has just been really strange. We have sold millions of casings over the past 3 years, and never had a complaint like Larry's. We have tens of thousands of customers, many setting world records and winning matches with our products. Pretty much everyone who shoots a Cheytac in the USA or the world shoots our brass because of our quality. Hell, Derek Rogers won king of 2 mile with our brass just last year. (He got beat this year by a 416 Barrett). We've never seen any complaints with pictures like the ones Larry took. That is one of the main reasons I wanted to replace his brass, besides it being the right thing to do. Just to get a closer look at them with my own eyes. But either way, I don't want to fight a battle I can't win.

Ok, let us put this in context so that you may have some slight inkling as what you are dealing with.

If you have ever watched one of those yankee pawn or picker shows you will note that most of the nitwits have a silly hairdo, idiotic colourful tats, and particularly gay face hair of some description. It doesn't mean these individuals are inherently stupid or wilful, it does mean that you have espied their perceived "hook", that thing they think makes them stand out from the crowd.

Stick is definitely not stupid, but he is wilful and dismissive with a tendency to ignore any opinion or experience other than his own. Now he doesn't do this as a result of his nature, he does it as he thinks it is his "hook", and for the very same reason the other dills do...he thinks it sets him apart from the crowd.

It does, it makes him an absolute pain in the arse to deal with...but if you can get him to shut his yap for just a moment or two you will get to peruse some of the best country and photography you will ever see.

Unfortunately for you he sees you as an opportunity to shew just how beneath him your products are, which is why he will continue to ridicule and deride you and your products instead of conversing with you in a meaningful manner to remedy the situation.

Basically if you want or expect common sense or courtesy you are [bleep].

Oh...and..."hint".

I appreciate that explanation. I guess in a round about way I am glad I found this thread to get to talk to some people I normally don't. One thing I wanted to put out there is that we have a full metallurgical lab and internal ballistics lab here at our shop. If you want to watch the video, you can see it there. If you, or anyone, has a question about your particular load, or the casings you use, just PM me and I can probably help you out. Like if you are dropping primers or something, if you email me your load data, casing, powder, bullet, primer, etc. . . If I can get time in the lab, I normally have to fight our ballistician for time, I can probably help you out. I could check the velocity and what internal pressure you are at inside the casing. I could also check to see if the heads of the casings are soft. We measure internal pressures, velocities, hardness, grain structure, and all kind of stuff. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See...JS, we can get along...Just have to agree with each other. Now GFY...😁😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore
They say it's punched on the website now......

Correct, I just updated it. We never said they were drilled. We said cut. Punching is a form of cutting. Scissors cut. They are shears. Just like a punch.

Derek...stop now.

Have a nice life, and all the best.

I'm gonna take your advice. Thanks.

Dear Derek,

Larry lives in Alaska, far from the mainland. The Bush Plane that delivers his psychological disorder medicine each month was delayed due to no fault of his own.

When Big Stick is off his medication, even briefly, the effects are spectacular, as you’v seen...The last time this happened, Boxer was found deep in the bush running naked grunting and rutting like a sow bear in heat...Hunters found him and could only get him to come to them after baiting a site with a week old salmon carcass.

It eventually worked and the hunters were able to catch Larry in a leg snare... Then, they thankfully returned him to the Rez where he recieved his long over due dose of “Purple Drank”.

Please forgive his latest tyrannical rant at you, Ben, and your company. Signs are being posted as I write this for native Alaskians to be on the look out for Larry. Searchers are out, posses have formed with salmon and Purple Drank ready to be deployed once he’s spotted.

In the meantime while we await capture...Feel free to mail me Larry’s 1000 rounds of replacement brass in 26 Nosler. I will keep it in trust for when Big Stick returns...You can PM me for my shipping information.

Thank you for your understanding.

Beaver10 😎

Hit the nail on the head right there. I cracked up at Quasimodo's insane rant about the brass. He definitely needs some anger management therapy.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No we can't, you are just a bit gay for my tastes.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then it’s blades for you, Kangaroo eater! 🌈 🦄 🌈 😎

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Then it’s blades for you, Kangaroo eater! 🌈 🦄 🌈 😎

Heh...did better than that...I shot them for some fifteen years for my lively-hood.

I have quite literally stood in more blood and guts than the majority of people have seen.

And thank Christ I no longer have to do so.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Asparagus?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Asparagus?

Don't knock it sport, given enough incentive even I could wear leopard print.

added. Okay, maybe not as well as Ingwe but I could give it a whirl.

Last edited by JSTUART; 08/01/18.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Asparagus?

Maybe, It goes good with Roo meat...I wouldn’t know. 😂😎

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Asparagus?

Maybe, It goes good with Roo meat...I wouldn’t know. 😂😎

A little blue doe or red buck around 10-12 kilos makes a marvellous roast, I would sooner eat that as cold meat than mutton or beef.

But not hot, the other two are better hot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Well, I just laughed myself to tears. Can someone e-mail Peterson a link to this thread?

I cannot believe the company didn't own the issue and jump all over fixing it.

I sent them a link in the following email to them:

======================================
Petersons -

Thought you might want to take a read of this thread on 24hourcampfire.com.

While I block the OP (original poster) because of his vulgarity, his posts show up if quoted by others, as they were in this case. I found his reaction to an inferior product hilarious and your response a total dodge of responsibility for allowing such a product to pass QC.

And I agree with the OP - respect is earned. In your shoes I would have ignored the vulgarity and offered to replace the defective product, no questions asked. In fact, I would have shipped him a double batch - assuming of course they didn't suffer the same ridiculously poor quality.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13017265/1/peterson-brass

While I've bought thousands of cartridge cases, I won't be buying any from Petersons - I've never seen such poor quality brass regardless of manufacturer. While your web page talks a good story, that story is obviously out of touch with reality.

Still laughing at Sticks letters and the idiotic and inept response.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Well, I just laughed myself to tears. Can someone e-mail Peterson a link to this thread?

I cannot believe the company didn't own the issue and jump all over fixing it.

I sent them a link in the following email to them:

Petersons -

Thought you might want to take a read of this thread on 24hourcampfire.com.

While I block the OP (original poster) because of his vulgarity, his posts show up if quoted by others, as they were in this case. I found his reaction to an inferior product hilarious and your response a total dodge of responsibility for allowing such a product to pass QC.

And I agree with the OP - respect is earned. In your shoes I would have ignored the vulgarity and offered to replace the defective product, no questions asked. In fact, I would have shipped him a double batch - assuming of course they didn't suffer the same ridiculously poor quality.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13017265/1/peterson-brass

While I've bought thousands of cartridge cases, I won't be buying any from Petersons - I've never seen such poor quality brass regardless of manufacturer. While your web page talks a good story, that story is obviously out of touch with reality.

Still laughing at Sticks letters and the idiotic and inept response.

Coyote_Hunter,
I appreciate you forwarding this thread on to us. I have been watching this since it began. I'm surprised to hear you say that we didn't own up to our mistake. From the 1st email we received from Larry we have admitted our fault. We gave a reason for the error of the casings being from our 1st run of that caliber. That was a mistake to say. Agreed. However, we have been trying to get Larry to ship us back the product for replacement from the beginning. As an employer, it is part of my job to try and protect my employees from being harassed. That was the case with Larry, and that is why we tried to talk to him like a regular human, unlike he was doing to us. If you read through his emails, he wanted nothing to do with being made whole for some reason. We still don't understand why. Its pretty simple for us, we pay for return shipping to us, and we send out replacement product. We pay for everything, super simple.
As for you never buying product from us, well, I'm disappointed to hear you say that. It seems pretty unfair to take one outlying event and form an opinion about our company and the products we offer. We are continually striving to improve our product, and as far as out of center flash holes go, we have already made the correction. As for the appearance of the flash holes in his pictures, I don't have a reason for that. I have never seen anything like that leave our facility. Please search around the internet for any other examples of flash holes like the ones Larry received. I have searched extensively, and haven't been able to find anything. If you ever change your mind about us or our products, we of course would be happy to ship product your way. In fact, I've got the box I needed to send to Larry sitting here, if you send me your address unlike he will, I'll ship you a box of 308/260/6.5 Creedmoor for free. If Larry won't take his replacement box, then I should give it to someone else. Please form your own opinions about us after seeing and shooting the product. I'm certain you won't experience the same issue Larry did with his.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
With regard to gaping flash holes, Larry’s original correspondence should have been received as a badge of honor. He’s fiercely loyal. If you’re one of his preferred products/producers, e.g. Barrett FC, SWFA SS, Alpha Brass, Burris Extreme Tactical Sig Rings, HH, XTRATUF, etc., he’ll boisterously tout your wares far and wide. I can’t imagine how many Super Sniper scopes and Kimber Montana’s he’s sold. If you make a product that competes with one of his darlings, he’ll measure you by that existing standard. Larry’s preferences aren’t stagnant. When convinced he’s been presented with a superior product, he will abandon gear that he’s vocally championed, i.e. Talley LW rings, the Kimber Montana, Leupold, etc., etc.....

Larry’s communication style is, as JS put it, his hook. It prioritizes authenticity, function, accuracy, and diligence over courtesy, convention, and fluff. It’s absolutely dependent on conflict and striving. Whatever his faults, he’s determined and intelligent.

I think most will agree, including Larry himself, that, if nothing else, he’s an unwavering and spirited master internet troll. His infamy encases a tempered soul like that of a teen starlet’s—forged in the pedophilic fires of Hollywood. You don’t want to roll in the mud with Larry and there’s really no need when Fred and Jud have already jumped on that grenade.

Not for nothing but, in this instance, an appropriate CS strategy might be to send frequent samplings of only your most defective and anomalous casings. Then sit back and wait for a response. I guarantee the value of those responses will more than outweigh a few handfuls of brass scrap and the price of postage.

Finally, you’d do well to reconsider how you’ve estimated your audience, particularly the audience you’ve not considered.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As for the appearance of the flash holes in his pictures, I don't have a reason for that. I have never seen anything like that leave our facility. Please search around the internet for any other examples of flash holes like the ones Larry received. I have searched extensively, and haven't been able to find anything.

Here’s one...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 8 of 48 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 47 48

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.