With regard to gaping flash holes, Larry’s original correspondence should have been received as a badge of honor. He’s fiercely loyal. If you’re one of his preferred products/producers, e.g. Barrett FC, SWFA SS, Alpha Brass, Burris Extreme Tactical Sig Rings, HH, XTRATUF, etc., he’ll boisterously tout your wares far and wide. I can’t imagine how many Super Sniper scopes and Kimber Montana’s he’s sold. If you make a product that competes with one of his darlings, he’ll measure you by that existing standard. Larry’s preferences aren’t stagnant. When convinced he’s been presented with a superior product, he will abandon gear that he’s vocally championed, i.e. Talley LW rings, the Kimber Montana, Leupold, etc., etc.....

Larry’s communication style is, as JS put it, his hook. It prioritizes authenticity, function, accuracy, and diligence over courtesy, convention, and fluff. It’s absolutely dependent on conflict and striving. Whatever his faults, he’s determined and intelligent.

I think most will agree, including Larry himself, that, if nothing else, he’s an unwavering and spirited master internet troll. His infamy encases a tempered soul like that of a teen starlet’s—forged in the pedophilic fires of Hollywood. You don’t want to roll in the mud with Larry and there’s really no need when Fred and Jud have already jumped on that grenade.

Not for nothing but, in this instance, an appropriate CS strategy might be to send frequent samplings of only your most defective and anomalous casings. Then sit back and wait for a response. I guarantee the value of those responses will more than outweigh a few handfuls of brass scrap and the price of postage.

Finally, you’d do well to reconsider how you’ve estimated your audience, particularly the audience you’ve not considered.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty