Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Took a good look at a box of Peterson .308 Win brass last night. Here are my impressions and observations.
Overall I'm quite pleased with the brass - I'm used to dented cases with out-of-round mouths and an occasional split mouth (Winchester and Remington). My plan now is to weigh some Winchester and Federal cases and see what the weight variance is.

Will I switch to Peterson brass? For the most part, no, because .243 Win and .308 Win are the only types they make that I can use. But for these, a switch may be in the offing, especially if I can detect smaller groups with the Peterson .308 Win brass.

Two things if I may...how much did the cases cost you, and I really miss being able to purchase cases in reusable packaging.

That is a nice touch.

JSTUART -

After my first comment in this thread (https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../13030269/re-peterson-brass#Post13030269), Derek offered (in the next post in the thread) to send be some at no charge. I took him up on the offer and promised a fair evaluation in return.

My post above (https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../13053530/re-peterson-brass#Post13053530) is the first part of that evaluation. The second part will be range results but that is going to have to wait a while due to my schedule. Have only been to the rifle range three times since January or February, all in the last couple weeks. Have three trips planned in September with different hunting buddies who need to get some range time before antelope and elk season. If I don't get to shoot the Peterson brass the first couple weekends in September, which is doubtful, I may not get a chance to do so until after antelope and elk seasons (both in October for me).

So far, the only negative to Peterson brass that I see is the limited variety. Would love to get some .25-06 to fire-form for my 6.5-06AI, but I suspect they will do a lot of other flavors before they get to .25-06. Might try their .243 Win, though, depending on how the .308 shoots.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.