Originally Posted by tedthorn
I remember back a long time ago when Larry used to pump Leupold and Talley

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this thread. From what I have been able to understand, the vaunted stick has changed a lot of his thinking over the years. Heck...I read an archived thread on here 1 time where Larry even believed the 25/06 Rem to be the cat's meow. He now believes it to be a piece of excrement. He might never admit it, but according to what he once believed and "hinted" at and placed at the water trough so he could lead people to it, he now believes he was wrong. Why? There is a learning curve in life on just about everything we do...even with stick.

Peterson hasn't been in business for that long compared to others in the business (at least from what I understand). Maybe there is a learning curve in there somewhere. All of stick's disciples seem to overlook all the mistakes he made earlier in his life when it comes to things like which scopes work and don't work, what cartridges shoot which bullets better than others, etc. I have seen threads on here of those who like/don't like Lapua, Norma, certainly Remington and Winchester brass; but I haven't seen any of those who have gotten bad batches of brass from these manufacturers spew venom like they have on this brass. Heck, there has even been Nosler rifles and others talked about being sent back because it doesn't come up to the standards of what the company claims. And yet, there is no forum wide call to arms against those other manufacturers.

I have no experience with Peterson brass, but if they ever make any in a caliber I need it for, I would try it. If we're going to crucify a company because of what we have read and the pictures we have seen on this thread then let's not be hypocritical about stuff. Let's crucify every manufacturer we read about that has put out a bad product on here. Problem is, pretty soon we wouldn't be able to buy anything from any manufacturer because they have all let things fall through the cracks at one time or another.

Just my $.02 worth.

Last edited by Ruger77Shooter; 08/02/18.