Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by m77
Originally Posted by DerekP
Kind of funny that Larry has started a one man crusade against me for sending out 1 box of casings that had bad looking flash holes. Funnier that he has accused me of lying and trying to trick my customers into thinking we drill flash holes when we punch them. Funniest that he just said he has no experience with Alpha brass, when we all know he is a fanboy of theirs.
Here is a post of his on another site on the same topic.

[Linked Image]

I am not choosing sides here, but I think it is pretty naive of you to think that the calibration of your punch was only incorrect on a few pieces of brass of an entire lot. Chances are very slim that it is only one box. The smart thing would have been to recall that lot of brass as soon as possible as external failure is your most expensive type of failure (but I presume your operations manager should know that). I am not saying you cannot make brass, but this would be a good idea regardless of what you produce.

Maybe Stick in the mud is the only one who bought the brass. Lol. Consider the source. No other complaints or bad reviews saying the same thing about this brass. Makes one wonder I'd say.

One thing you may consider- Larry is probably the only person on this forum as far as I know who would even notice details like flash holes being punched off center or leaving burrs or tear out. Most of us would have just moved along and not really paid much attention to it. It is pretty clear there were some problems with this lot of brass he received, so it would be fair to assume there was much more than this box or two of brass that was deficient in QC and could indicate a more serious problem with Peterson Brass. Personally, Larry may not made himself any friends with his outburst, but I'm quite surprised Peterson is taking this as lightly as they are considering the issues Larry has pointed out and are quite obvious in his pictures. Hopefully, Peterson has addressed this issue, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to use this brass either with it's shortcomings- especially given the cost of this particular brass... These issues may or may not be detrimental to accuracy issues - only testing will tell, but dealing with these issues shouldn't be necessary with quality brass.

Bob

It’s official you are the dumbest guy on the fire.
No one but sugar tits looks at flash holes. πŸ€ͺ