A while back I posted my initial impressions about the .308 Win Peterson brass I had received. The post can be found here: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../13053530/re-peterson-brass#Post13053530

This weekend I had intended to load some up for my trip to the range next weekend with my hunting buddy. No can do.

The problem is I normally load Winchester.308 brass and in fact did load some this weekend. When I got ready to use load the Peterson brass I discovered it weighs about 20 grains more than the Winchester brass. This means I will need to do load development rather than just load and shoot with my standard loads. Not totally unexpected, but I was hoping it wouldn't be the case.

I then decided to compare the Peterson brass against what I had on hand. The data below is for 50 pieces of Peterson brass and 6 of each of the others. (Yes, I was being lazy, but also I didn't 20 pieces of all the others, let alone 50.)

The 'Fired' brass in the table below has been deprimed and tumbled. Some may have been trimmed, too. The WW and Peterson brass are factory new.

[Linked Image]

Readers can draw their own conclusions. I was impressed with Peterson's low S.D. given it was for 50 pieces. I expect the E.S. for the other types would have been similar to (or greater than) the Peterson if 50 pieces had been weighed for each.

Unfortunately, my schedule dictates that I will not be able to load and shoot for groups until November or later.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.