Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I posted elsewhere that my 6.5CM Peterson brass weighed 170 grains and the Hornady 148 grains +/-. DerekP do you know where that extra weight is located in the CM? Or is it just a beefier case in general? Is this going to be true for the other calibers? Thanks

Great question. Our walls are a little bit thicker than Hornady right now. Specifically, the walls down closer to the head of the casing. I guess “beefier” is a good way to describe our 6.5 Cdmr casings. We are coming out with a new version within the next few months where we will be thinning out the walls near the base to help give reloaders like you a little extra volume inside the casing. This should help with those powders which are a little slower burning. Although we do a lot of new caliber development, a ton of caliber development goes back into our current calibers to continually improve them. Start your load development with our casings using a little lower amount of powder than you normally use. You will get more velocity with less powder due to our 6.5 Cdmr casings having a little bit less volume. We will put out an announcement when we release the increased volume 6.5 Cdmr casings. Please don’t hesitate if you have any other questions.