Originally Posted by DerekP
Originally Posted by smokinggun
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by 16bore
So......what are the odds Derek chimes in again? I'll be checking my phone while I'm at the barbershop getting my hair punched.

Ok, that was funny.

It actually was.

Please state tool to be used for said punching.

Sure. We use a punch and backing die combination. The punch is a hardened piece of carbide the diameter the flash hole needs to be. For large rifle, .080". For our small rifle, .060". The backing stem, which is also carbide to hold its' edge, is inserted into the mouth of the casing and contacts the inside of the bottom of the casing. The casing is then driven, by the backing stem, onto an alignment guide which contains the carbide punch. The way we have improved the punching operation since Larry received his casings, is by designing a more accurate guide bushing, that the casing is pushed on to, so the flash hole is more centered in the primer pocket. Before the new upgrade, from time to time you could get a casing with a flash hole out of center by about .000" - .015". Since the improvement we are now about .000 - .004"

Well you have gone this far and committed, so how about a tour of the facility and process through these fora.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.