Originally Posted by DerekP
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
I posted elsewhere that my 6.5CM Peterson brass weighed 170 grains and the Hornady 148 grains +/-. DerekP do you know where that extra weight is located in the CM? Or is it just a beefier case in general? Is this going to be true for the other calibers? Thanks

Great question. Our walls are a little bit thicker than Hornady right now. Specifically, the walls down closer to the head of the casing. I guess “beefier” is a good way to describe our 6.5 Cdmr casings. We are coming out with a new version within the next few months where we will be thinning out the walls near the base to help give reloaders like you a little extra volume inside the casing. This should help with those powders which are a little slower burning. Although we do a lot of new caliber development, a ton of caliber development goes back into our current calibers to continually improve them. Start your load development with our casings using a little lower amount of powder than you normally use. You will get more velocity with less powder due to our 6.5 Cdmr casings having a little bit less volume. We will put out an announcement when we release the increased volume 6.5 Cdmr casings. Please don’t hesitate if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the reply. So far so good with another box purchased. 42gr. H4350 and a 143 ELD-X gives me 2642fps with a 22" and 2682fps with a 24" barrel. That is with a Fed 210 @2.800".
Easily sub MOA at 100 and MOA+ at 200 yards. Should work on my upcoming caribou hunt.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.