Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by 16bore
Has anyone ever experienced the difference in accuracy between and good flash hole and a bad flash hole, or are fellas just talking out of their flash holes?

Read Steelhead’s post above.

He cites.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Got it. I didn't realize I forgot about his post. Ya. I'm the one who created the website. I agree with everything it says about flash hole concentricity and crispness. That is why if someone finds an issue with any of the casings we produce, we are happy to replace them free of charge whether it is a flash hole, overall length, or any other dimension. To get into the nitty gritty of flash hole centered-ness. I haven't seen any studies on the effect of an out of center flash hole affecting accuracy. I'm not saying it can't, but I haven't seen any study. I don't want to give bad advice. I know that a partial flash hole, one where the punch was split in half, wouldn't provide proper ignition of the powder inside the casing. It is the same thought as having a big burr on the inside of the casing. If the flame from the primer doesn't reach the powder uniformly, you, in theory, could have a less than ideal powder burn. That would result in a drop in velocity of the bullet. That would, if you were shooting far enough out, cause you to hit low on your target. A flash hole slightly out of center, I'm not sure exactly what effect that would have on the powder burn. What we are talking about on the website is trying to eliminate as many variables as possible. Internal volume, flash hole centered-ness, primer pocket depth and tightness, etc...
A few weeks ago I was shooting out at 1,000 yards. At that distance, the spin put on the bullet by the rifling in the barrel causes the bullet to drift to the right about 5 inches. That is if nothing else effects it like something to do with the bullet, powder, primer, or casing.